What's new

When Niazis contested for throne of Delhi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes bro, sialkot district. Most sikhs in J and K migrated from poonch, rajauri, bagh, mirpur and kotli areas of j and K. Some migrated from Potohar plateau. Essentially they are paharis and speak that dialect of Punjabi. Looks vary a lot so cannot generalize. You will essentially find a whole spectrum of looks within a given community. Some punjabi jatts can be very fair eg KPS Gill. I know a lot of dogra rajputs from jammu region whom you will not be able to distinguish from west punjabis. The gujjars from J and K actually look quite different

Yea you're right about a lot of things. Sikhs in J&K are either Punjabi Jatts, Dogra Sikhs, or paharis from Poonch or Potohar. One thing that is interesting is that in J&K, you see a lot of people with coloured eyes compared to other neighbouring areas like West Punjab and East Punjab.

Are you jatt sikh from india, if that is the case then the theory that some people were presenting on harappadna.org that higher caucasian component among west punjab muslims (jatts included) is due to absorption of west asian muslims over the centuries (they are very high in caucasian component) but that would be odd if it turns out that even non-muslim people having origin in pakistani punjab also exhibit same tendency of higher caucasian vs NE euro component compared to east punjab and haryan jats.
Yes, jatt sikh from daska pre 47. I think it mainly has to do with the geographic area where a person is from. I think that jatt sikhs from manjha regions will have similar profile to muslim jatts whereas those from malwa will tend to be similar to jatts from harayana. Also my haplogroup is L3* which as such is a minority even amongst the jatts

Yes, jatt sikh from daska pre 47. I think it mainly has to do with the geographic area where a person is from. I think that jatt sikhs from manjha regions will have similar profile to muslim jatts whereas those from malwa will tend to be similar to jatts from harayana. Also my haplogroup is L3* which as such is a minority even amongst the jatts

I believe its Majha, not manjha

Yea you're right about a lot of things. Sikhs in J&K are either Punjabi Jatts, Dogra Sikhs, or paharis from Poonch or Potohar. One thing that is interesting is that in J&K, you see a lot of people with coloured eyes compared to other neighbouring areas like West Punjab and East Punjab.
I too have noticed that. Would be interesting to find out the ancient demographics of these regions

Yes bro typo on my side

I have observed that KPK pashtuns , brusho, kashmiris, west punjabis, sindhis all have higher Caucasian to NE euro component ratio which suddenly changes as one enters even in indian punjab beyond majha region (amritsar), that is indeed very interesting it shows that this is the extent of pre-islamic iranic genetic contribution (saka, kushan, hephtalite etc.) after the first indo-aryan wave that was higher in NE euro and lower in caucasian component which is the case for all the brahmins throughout india who are remanents of indo-aryan settlers in india.

Yes manjha is the solution that is coated on thread to make it dore for kite-flying in punjab :D

Last edited:
I have observed that KPK pashtuns , brusho, kashmiris, west punjabi, sindhi all have higher Caucasian to NE euro component ratio which suddenly changes as one enters even in indian punjab beyond majha region (amritsar), that is indeed very interesting it shows that this is the extent of pre-islamic iranic genetic contribution (saka, kushan, hephtalite etc.) after the first indo-aryan wave that was higher in NE euro and lower in caucasian component which is the case for all the brahmins throughout india who are remanents of indo-aryan settlers in india.
I also have the same feeling. One interesting thing you will also notice is that the presence all subgroups of L haplogroup present amongst the baloch population indicating that they may be one of the oldest groups in the subcontinent as this mutation is thought to have occured around the makran coast. Also it would be really interesting if they can find some DNA evidence from the mehrgarh site to see whether any light can be shed on the presence of baloch population there going back to that era.

I too have noticed that. Would be interesting to find out the ancient demographics of these regions

Yes bro typo on my side

Himachal also shows the same trend, at least Northern Himachalis do (chamba, Kangra)

Can anyone list the achievements of these Super Castes that can be attributed to a Martial DNA (If that exists).

Punjab was basically a "No Worries" zone for most part of the History.

Can anyone list the achievements of these Super Castes that can be attributed to a Martial DNA (If that exists).

Punjab was basically a "No Worries" zone for most part of the History.

Your question does not make any sense.

Thats interesting bro, what is ur take on the difference in caucasian and NE european components in jatts from west vs east punjab. It is interesting because my family being originally from west punjab has greater caucasian component and lower NE component compared to jatts from east punjab and harayana.

Interesting so even west punjab sikhs jatt have higher caucasian just like west punjab jatt muslim. Maybe the theory of muslim jatt admixture with central asian muslims may not be correct in that case if even sikh jatts of west punjab have higher caucasian then east punjabi jatts.

Kabaddi_1214916c.jpg

45013-KabaddiPhotoAPP-1352138167-266-640x480.JPG

7-pakistan-kabbadi-win-asia-cup-final-afp-670.jpg

pakistanis players

verses indian punjabis jatt players

461689-cover-1352217784-635-640x480.jpg
432220638_6d8bec3cf2.jpg

image_312_66059.jpg

i would say our jatts have a look which only us jatts have in this world. pakistanis are differnent in look and physical strength and body mass.

Pakistani Jatts have higher Caucasian gene input but Indian Jatts (punjabi, haryanvi, others) have higher Northern European gene input. Maybe that is creating a subtle difference in looks.

Pakistani Jatts have higher Caucasian gene input but Indian Jatts (punjabi, haryanvi, others) have higher Northern European gene input. Maybe that is creating a subtle difference in looks.

Yes more you are hairy , more you should expect that you genetically belong to the group that is higher in caucasus component than NE euro component.

difference in not suble..maybe for you people but for us we can tell our people in a whole bunch of indian pakistanis...we dont look like anyone else in this world i thik..we have that jatt look

difference in not suble..maybe for you people but for us we can tell our people in a whole bunch of indian pakistanis...we dont look like anyone else in this world i thik..we have that jatt look

Subtle because it's not always as clear cut as you make it out to be. The important thing to take away is that looks depend on the interplay between different contributions - in this case, it's the interplay between Caucasian and Northern European contributions. A high enough NE relative to Caucasian, with ASI held constant, can create a pseudo Mediterranean or a more racially ambiguous look I think. I have seen this in some Jats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom