What's new

When Niazis contested for throne of Delhi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awans are not related to Janjuas at all. They might be rajputs, but certainly not janjuas. Most rajputs do not intermarry with awans. Awans in kashmir also claim an arab origin. And the "jud" of babur were just janjua really. I have many reasons to say that but can't mention them right now.

Also, I heard Shahrukh Khan is also a hindkowan and not a Pashtun. Is that true?

Kohati bulterrier dogs are famed throughout the punjab. In punjab, the professional boar hunters always carry stitches with them as boars are very fierce animals. A lot of dogs get their intestines out, but the hunters quickly sew them back in. A very cruel sport.
Yea we call them bultera, the white skinned with ugly heads. Even though men used to cut their tusks before death match, boar would manage to kill some dogs.

And i have met a guy in peshawer who was claiming to be distant relative of shahrukh, he knew pashto but was hindkowan.

Yea we call them bultera, the white skinned with ugly heads. Even though men used to cut their tusks before death match, boar would manage to kill some dogs.

And i have met a guy in peshawer who was claiming to be distant relative of shahrukh, he knew pashto but was hindkowan.

I heard before afghan war, most of Peshawaris spoke in Hindko. Also I think most peshawari hindkowans are awans. A lot of hindkowans from Abbottabad and Kohat are also awans. Shahrukh might be an awan.

I heard before afghan war, most of Peshawaris spoke in Hindko. Also I think most peshawari hindkowans are awans. A lot of hindkowans from Abbottabad and Kohat are also awans. Shahrukh might be an awan.
Its true, most of them are awan. Peshawer was once hindko majority city while kohat is still a hindko majority city. Pashtuns call them khariyan means "the city dwellers" .

Its true, most of them are awan. Peshawer was once hindko majority city while kohat is still a hindko majority city. Pashtuns call them khariyan means "the city dwellers" .

Do pakhtuns and hindkos intermarry? And ANP really f***** them up. If someone renamed my province "jattistan"(Pervez Elahi was thought to be interested in it), I would be pretty mad too. Jatts are the majority in Punjab. A lot of hindkowans are ethnic potoharis. Hadiqa Kiani is a gakhar but a hindko speaker.

Do pakhtuns and hindkos intermarry? And ANP really f***** them up. If someone renamed my province "jattistan"(Pervez Elahi was thought to be interested in it), I would be pretty mad too. Jatts are the majority in Punjab. A lot of hindkowans are ethnic potoharis. Hadiqa Kiani is a gakhar but a hindko speaker.
Pashtun-hindko marraiges are very common in peshawer. Some hindkowans are indistinguishble from pashtuns. I also came across very coal-skinned and rude guys in peshawer gulberg, who were identifying themeselves as either hindkowans or punjabis but my hindkowan friend told me that they are actually indian mohajirs pretending to be hindki or punjabis, they speak urdu at their homes.
The famous bilour family and haji adeel of ANP as well as iqbal jagrra of PML-N are actually hindkowans.

Pashtun-hindko marraiges are very common in peshawer. Some hindkowans are indistinguishble from pashtuns. I also came across very coal-skinned and rude guys in peshawer gulberg, who were identifying themeselves as either hindkowans or punjabis but my hindkowan friend told me that they are actually indian mohajirs pretending to be hindki or punjabis, they speak urdu at their homes.
The famous bilour family and haji adeel of ANP as well as iqbal jagrra of PML-N are actually hindkowans.

Yes many mohajirs here say that "punjabi" is not ethnicity, but it is totally wrong it is indeed an ethnicity based on language and culture but not on tribes. No modern tribe in punjab including jatt, gujjar , rajput is indigenous to punjab. If you trace back the history of all these tribes they have ultimate origin from outside of punjab , they are as much foreigner to punjab as are for example punjabi pathans or punjabi kashmiris, the difference is only of the timescale of the migration to punjab. Historically pakistani punjab was not much inhabited and the area was mostly covered under forest hence we even have a dialect called "jaangli" right in the centre of pakistani punjab. 6 or 7 centuries ago, most of the population was living in what is now indian punjab and indian haryana and rajasthan. The history of the settlement of different tribes in pakistani punjab area is quite complex and needs thorough investigation.

Last edited:

Jatt are not really majority in Punjab. Jats in central punjab area, where they are the most dominant so it may seem they are majority. In central punjab most of the land is owned by jats and 2nd distant land owning group is gujjar. Overall in Punjab jatt population maybe 20% at best.

And about name, well it seem either it will be changed to Hazara-Pakhtunwa or separate province. Hazara sound confusing, they need to change it to Hindko-Pakhtunwa. And Pervez Ellahi interested in renaming to jattistan? Give me a break, this 100% false. :omghaha:

Last edited:
Yes many mohajirs here say that "punjabi" is not ethnicity, but it is totally wrong it is indeed an ethnicity based on language and culture but not on tribes.
Agreed. We pakhtuns see punjabi as a qaum.
And there is another that i would like to share with members here (they are free to call me racist). I was under the impression that hindkis are hostile to pakhtuns, when i lived in peshawer, i found them opposite. Some very senior peshaweris told me that urduspeaking mohajirs in peshawer falsely identify themeselves as hindkowans and they are very hostile towards pakhtuns...they are the ones creating friction with pakhtuns and hindkowans get blamed. You can identify them from their skin colour and very neat urdu accent. Some of them got settled in peshawer in 1947, some biharis came after 1971 and some of them have shifted from karachi. My younger brother's classfellow , in army public school, was big fan of altaf hussain. My brother once asked him whether he is a mohajir , he denied it and claimed to be from multan. But one day it slipped from his mouth that his brother was close bodygaurd of altaf bhai. After leaving MQM, their family has moved to peshawer as his brother could have been killed for leaving party.

Jatt are not really majority in Punjab. Jats in central punjab area, where they are the most dominant so it may seem they are majority. In central punjab most of the land is owned by jats and 2nd distant land owning group is gujjar. Overall in Punjab maybe 20% at best.

And about name, well it seem either it will be changed to Hazara-Pakhtunwa or separate province. Hazara sound confusing, they need to change it to Hindko-Pakhtunwa. And Pervez Ellahi interested in renaming to jattistan? Give me a break, this 100% false. :omghaha:

This notion of "jattistan" was more of a joke in the time of pervaiz elahi. Like some time they say that when sharif comes it becomes "Buttistan". I think Gujjars, Rajputs and Arains are freaked out when they see the presence of too many people of one tribe in the government, these are punjab's internal rivalries between different tribes.

And there is another that i would like to share with members here (they are free to call me racist). I was under the impression that hindkis are hostile to pakhtuns, when i lived in peshawer, i found them opposite. Some very senior peshaweris told me that urduspeaking mohajirs in peshawer falsely identify themeselves as hindkowans and they are very hostile towards pakhtuns...they are the ones creating friction with pakhtuns and hindkowans get blamed. You can identify them from their skin colour and very neat urdu accent. Some of them got settled in peshawer in 1947, some biharis came after 1971 and some of them have shifted from karachi. My younger brother's classfellow , in army public school, was big fan of altaf hussain. My brother onced him whether he is a mohajir , he denied it and claimed to be from multan. But one day it slipped from his mouth that his brother was close bodygaurd of altaf bhai. After leaving MQM, their family has moved to peshawer as his brother could have been killed for leaving party.

You will be surprised that when I was growing up in rural punjab we used to think that there are only two relevant races in the region , us punjabis living in the fertile plains and the pathans living west and north on mountains, the worldview was quite narrow in those days for us. I have noticed on the internet that the same view prevails in pathans/pashtuns too for whom also the main races in the region narrow down to pashtuns and punjabis, it is a funny coincidence. I had no idea about sindhi, mohajir or balochi in my childhood but was fully aware of pashtuns/pathans because so many of them live around us in our areas.

This notion of "jattistan" was more of a joke in the time of pervaiz elahi. Like some time they say that when sharif comes it becomes "Buttistan". I think Gujjars, Rajputs and Arains are freaked out when they see the presence of too many people of one tribe in the government, these are punjab's internal rivalries between different tribes.

Even in central punjab were jats are dominant their population is maybe 30%? Its just that most of the land is owned by them, not that they are majority.

You will be surprised that when I was growing up in rural punjab we used to think that there are only two relevant races in the region , us punjabis living in the fertile plains and the pathans living west and north on mountains, the worldview was quite narrow in those days for us. I have noticed on the internet that the same view prevails in pathans/pashtuns too for whom also the main races in the region narrow down to pashtuns and punjabis, it is a funny coincidence. I had no idea about sindhi, mohajir or balochi in my childhood but was fully aware of pashtuns/pathans because so many of them live around us in our areas.
Its true, we are more familiar with punjabis. Punjab and KPK are very much linked and there is large flow of people between two provinces.

Even in central punjab were jats are dominant their population is maybe 30%? Its just that most of the land is owned by them, not that they are majority.

They must be at least 35-40%. Loads of jatts in Multan and Potohar and jangli punjab. And jattistan was a rumour and Q-league was labelled jatt league by a lot of people.

And there is another that i would like to share with members here (they are free to call me racist). I was under the impression that hindkis are hostile to pakhtuns, when i lived in peshawer, i found them opposite. Some very senior peshaweris told me that urduspeaking mohajirs in peshawer falsely identify themeselves as hindkowans and they are very hostile towards pakhtuns...they are the ones creating friction with pakhtuns and hindkowans get blamed. You can identify them from their skin colour and very neat urdu accent. Some of them got settled in peshawer in 1947, some biharis came after 1971 and some of them have shifted from karachi. My younger brother's classfellow , in army public school, was big fan of altaf hussain. My brother once asked him whether he is a mohajir , he denied it and claimed to be from multan. But one day it slipped from his mouth that his brother was close bodygaurd of altaf bhai. After leaving MQM, their family has moved to peshawer as his brother could have been killed for leaving party.

Why did they hide their identity though? To avoid backlash for karachi? I respect urdu speakers as a nation as they are quite educated, soft spoken and patriotic, but have noticed in some, particularly MQM supporters, that they look down upon all the other ethnicities of Pakistan. They consider punjabis to be some sort of illiterate, backwater jaahils and consider themselves superior. I know of a muhajir in Jhelum, who was claiming to be a raja, but his bluff was exposed by some real rajas and he was disheartened by it.

PS: A lot of urdu speakers live in Multan.

They must be at least 35-40%. Loads of jatts in Multan and Potohar and jangli punjab. And jattistan was a rumour and Q-league was labelled jatt league by a lot of people.

Only in central punjab maybe-35%, which include districts Gujrat, Gujrawala, Kasur, Narowal, Sialkot, Lahore, Faisalabad, Chiniot, Nankana Sahib, Okara, Vehari, Sheikhu Pura, Hafizabad, Sahiwal maybe i missed some other district. Overall in Punjab 20%, or at best 25%.

Edit: Jats only seem majority because most of land is owned by them. Even British census prove this, overall in population they are not majority.

Last edited:
Only in central punjab maybe-35%, which include districts Gujrat, Gujrawala, Kasur, Narowal, Sialkot, Lahore, Faisalabad, Chiniot, Nankana Sahib, Okara, Vehari, Sheikhu Pura, Hafizabad, Sahiwal maybe i missed some other district. Overall in Punjab 20%, or at best 25%.

Jat_distribution.gif

Religion Jat Population %
Hinduism 47%
Sikhism 20%
Islam 33%

We were talking about pakistani punjabi jatts only who are distinct from jaats living in neighboring parts of india. The indians love to paint everything with the same brush but it is not the case in pakistan, we seem to be more intelligent than indians who want to assimilate everything in their castes.

Yep, in Pakistan Punjab jat population is 20%. Also in Sindh jats make 10-15% of population if i am not wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom