What's new

What is Jerusalem worth ?

Zarvan

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Its a good movie though in terms of historical accuracy it does not feature very high, especially in its portrayal of Balian of Ibelin, who was a French nobleman rather than some mere petty blacksmith. But of course its a Hollywood blockbuster, so to expect it to be focused entirely on historical accuracy is a far fetched idea. I dont know if theres any evidence for the "what is jerusalem worth?" discussion between Balian and Salahuddin, but it is definitely a very strong discussion, and one which most importantly resonates even today with regards to the Israeli/Palestinian conflict. Will this "holy land" ever know peace? Only God knows.

those like sallaudin are long long gone what is left in muslim world now are just followers of those who love to kill innocents for jannat and sawab ....look around you most muslims dont open there mouth because of fear of prosecution and misinterpritation of so called "tauheen E risalat"

tolerent muslims are a very rare speices found in a very very select few pockets

The Narcissism of the Muslim Civilization - Password Ep32 - YouTube

Muslim World: Victim of Takfeer (declaring each other infidel)? - Focus with Waqas Munawar Ep124 - YouTube

hope i dont offend you please listen to what these guys are discussing hope it opens some minds but i must congratulate you on such a thread :cheers:

Last edited by a moderator:
I liked Kingdom of Heaven as well.

Shows Muslims as a decent humane bunch of people who respect themselves and the others.

Today the impression is exactly the opposite.

those like sallaudin are long long gone what is left in muslim world now are just followers of those who love to kill innocents for jannat and sawab ....look around you most muslims dont open there mouth because of fear of prosecution and misinterpritation of so called "tauheen E risalat"

tolerent muslims are a very rare speices found in a very very select few pockets

The Narcissism of the Muslim Civilization - Password Ep32 - YouTube

Muslim World: Victim of Takfeer (declaring each other infidel)? - Focus with Waqas Munawar Ep124 - YouTube

hope i dont offend you please listen to what these guys are discussing hope it opens some minds but i must congratulate you on such a thread :cheers:

My dear I think you have counted every single muslim and have done extensive research over their religious or political following ....it because of this reason you are making such a tall claim that muslims are killing innocents for jannat and sawab .....might be somehow you have witnessed every single incident that happen only because of this reason you are given that statement .....

My Dear you may have count every single dead body of last 30 years and some how came to know their religion and the religion of their killers ......

My dear if this is the case could you post the official figures of innocent people killed from Iraq first war till 2nd Afghanistan war ....

My dear you raise the query about the "tauheen E risalat" to muslims specially Pakistanis but do no raise query about Defamation Law in India .......

as the Guy said in movie " this land means nothing .................. but EVERYTHING

piece.5.jpg

Jerusalem has been destroyed twice, besieged 23 times, attacked 52 times, and captured and recaptured 44 times.also,all three religions-Judaism, Christianity and Islam considers it Holy.It both achieved greatness and glory and prosperity as well as death and destruction.it is more than just one city,thats why so many people has suffered to capture it.but the real reason is money.Jerusalem is right in the junction of Asia,Africa and Europe and a major trade hub,also as protected one.thats why it bore so much brunt.

Jerusalem has been destroyed twice, besieged 23 times, attacked 52 times, and captured and recaptured 44 times.also,all three religions-Judaism, Christianity and Islam considers it Holy.It both achieved greatness and glory and prosperity as well as death and destruction.it is more than just one city,thats why so many people has suffered to capture it.but the real reason is money.Jerusalem is right in the junction of Asia,Africa and Europe and a major trade hub,also as protected one.thats why it bore so much brunt.

its about money? this must be a joke lol.
is there a port in jerusalem or something? there nothing besides maybe tourism to make money off of in jerusalem. the year is 2013 jerusalem is not important economically.

its about money? this must be a joke lol.
is there a port in jerusalem or something? there nothing besides maybe tourism to make money off of in jerusalem. the year is 2013 jerusalem is not important economically.

I was talking about the past..and do you ever heard about the term "Trade Route"???Jerusalem literally controlled trade routes around it,and as it is in the junction of the three continents,you can understand what amount of trade occurred at that time.also,it is close to Damascus,another jewel of Mid-East at Middle Age and one of the most culturally and scientifically advanced cities around the world at that time.

Jerusalem is worth a finite amount located somewhere between nothing and everything.

Several facts:

1) Jerusalem is mentioned 622 times in Jewish Bible and not a single time in Quran.
2) During Jesus, time Jerusalem was one of the biggest cities in the world with population of 600 thousands, during the Arab rule Jerusalem became a large village with some 20 K population.
3) When Arabs captured Palestine they set the province capital in Lod, instead of Jerusalem. Later switched to Ramla.
4) Majority of Jerusalem's population were Jews even before the beginning of Zionist immigration in 1880.
5) During 1948-1967 when East Jerusalem including Old City and Al Aqsa was in Jordan's hands not a single Muslim leader bothered to visit it (except the Jordanians themselves).

Back
Top Bottom