What's new

What if the Subcontinent was ONE country?

It would be a fictional place, like Narnia or Mordor or Camelot.

The closest thing to such an entity existed was under the occupation of the British.

800px-Pope1880BritishIndia1.jpg

There were a few empires that came close;

https://www.mapsofindia.com/history/mauryan-empire.html
https://www.mapsofindia.com/history/tughlaq-dynasty.html
https://www.mapsofindia.com/history/tughlaq-dynasty.html

But this is maybe a total of 300 odd years.

The truth is the only people who kept that land mass under 1 monarch the longest were the British. Other than that it has always been a patchwork of kingdoms.

Mughal Empire and Guptas also came close to dominate sub-continent.

1607-004-B9810CCD.jpg

3874.png

O bhai Tamur Lane Invaded and Captured Sultan Bayazid Yaldrim the Caliph of Muslims from the gate of Constantinople when Turks were this close to capture byzantine Empire Capital. He Attacked from Behind and Captured our Holy Respected Khalifa.

He has his positives and his negatives. He united most of the Muslim world, crushed the Knight Hospitallers, kept Muslim rule over India secure, and was a great patron of culture. However, 1/20th of the world population.

You also forgot to mention that it was the Ottomans who instigated the violence after one of their cities decided to join Tamerlane's empire.

He Massacred Delhi

He spared the Muslims who didn't fight him, historical sources confirm this.

You differentiate between Mir Temur and Nadir Shah only by their Sect?

I said no such thing. I dislike Nader Shah because he wasn't focused on improving the state of Muslims at all, he was just a Persian nationalist who wanted to resurrect the Sassanid Empire. I only respect his military capability and appreciate the fact that he awarded Mukarrab Khan (the ruler of north Punjab) well for assisting him in his campaigns. That's it.

What Revisionism. This is what happened in reality.

No, it's propaganda. You've been reading too many liberal-run Urdu articles and haven't bothered to check the historical sources for yourself.

I mentioned Ranjit Singh to be Born in Gujranwala only because you were trying to make a connection with Ahmad Shah Abdali because of his supposed Birthplace in Multan (Which is not the Case).

It is the case, just because you are too ignorant of history to know about it doesn't mean it's not true. Him being born in Multan is far more likely than him being born in Herat. Also, unlike Ranjit Singh, Ahmed Shah Durrani fought for the interest of Muslims and many people from Pakistan fought for him and continue to adore him to this very day, some of us are even his descendants. Just look at the borders of his empire, they mimic Pakistan's almost to the letter:

iu

He has his positives and his negatives. He united most of the Muslim world, crushed the Knight Hospitallers, kept Muslim rule over India secure, and was a great patron of culture. However, 1/20th of the world population.

You also forgot to mention that it was the Ottomans who instigated the violence after one of their cities decided to join Tamerlane's empire.

He spared the Muslims who didn't fight him, historical sources confirm this.

I said no such thing. I dislike Nader Shah because he wasn't focused on improving the state of Muslims at all, he was just a Persian nationalist who wanted to resurrect the Sassanid Empire. I only respect his military capability and appreciate the fact that he awarded Mukarrab Khan (the ruler of north Punjab) well for assisting him in his campaigns. That's it.

No, it's propaganda. You've been reading too many liberal-run Urdu articles and haven't bothered to check the historical sources for yourself.

It is the case, just because you are too ignorant of history to know about it doesn't mean it's not true. Him being born in Multan is far more likely than him being born in Herat. Also, unlike Ranjit Singh, Ahmed Shah Durrani fought for the interest of Muslims and many people from Pakistan fought for him and continue to adore him to this very day, some of us are even his descendants. Just look at the borders of his empire, they mimic Pakistan's almost to the letter:

iu
Well as you wish bhai. If you want to brand me ignorant and then stamp me of reading liberal urdu articels (Dont even know what you were referring there) then what can i argue further. But i don't agree with Mr. Naseem Hijazi sort of Revisionism. There was no such thing as "Muslim Rule" and "Islamic Kings" except a very few rulers that existed in every dynasty , rest of them all were kings.
Nitpicking facts to create a narrative is not good approach being a history student.
Murdering Looting through Muslim Lands dethroning a Muslim Ruler killing thousands in the process cannot be cloaked by a mere hypothesis that "He Sparred Muslims" or "The Contemporary Muslim Ruler was too weak and would have been defeated anyway by non Muslims"
Nice talking to you as some one who have interest in history is rare to be found. But the Real Revisionism came in the form of these scholars that totally white washed the facts of Rulers of Muslim Lands being Kings and fighting each other for centuries like any other rulers of that age and carved out a narrative that it was all a united Empire where every ruler was a semi-Caliph God Fearing Muslim leader.
As you seem very interested in islamic history I would suggest you also read about Ottoman-Persian Wars. How two great Muslim Empires Waged war against each other and Radicalized their populations issuing fatwas against each other on basis of sects into Sunni and Shia Spheres just to strengthen their position as representatives of Successors of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH). That timely Revisionism done by scholars of that time to gain there governments in Isphahan and Istambul Sow the seeds of hatred that we are still harvesting in Muslim world. How those Great wars were simply wiped out of our history books.
Also how the Brave Muslim leaders of Mysore were betrayed by Nizam of Hyderabad and how Ottomans Stopped the Nipolionic Forces from France to Join with Mysore against British. How Ottomans refused to Join hand With Nipolean against the Russians. Tipu Sultan was martyred in the same year as Nipolean forces were defeated in Acre by Combined British-Ottoman Forces and Stopped in their March towards India to help Mysore and invade British forces there.
Anyways. Stay blessed and Keep studying. Knowledge is the ultimate path towards guidance, Don't judge some one by what he have read and observed if it even conflicts with what you have read and observed. Learn from each other instead of calling him ignorant or misguided.

As you seem very interested in islamic history I would suggest you also read about Ottoman-Persian Wars.

I am aware of them. The Persians were complete lunatics who kept trying to shove Shiism down everyone's throats. The massacres they did against Sunnis (especially in Afghanistan and Iraq) were atrocious.

Anyways. Stay blessed and Keep studying.

You too.

Back
Top Bottom