What's new

West Papua 'becoming a hunting ground' as Indonesian forces open fire on student protesters

According to 'some' Indonesians here, Indonesia is willing to server under USA to contain China. No idea if it's true or they are just deluded.

Last edited:
They would have all rights freely, but not you let them voice out. Democracy is not a girl you make her up as you want. Independence Referendum result will tell you it is a handful student or the vast majority Papuans.

In order to do a referendum, they need support from the Papuan people to forward the case. So far majority of Papuans don't even want a referendum. No one else speak about it other than these so called "student" and agents living outside the country. What are they gonna do?

Sure there are still things to improve in Papua but mostly are happy enough or at least acceptive with the current status. Because not only that they're not living in camps, they also have special autonomy, they can choose their own Governor through fair election, they can have their own political party, they can rise up to become high ranking generals and minister, even be a President of Indonesia as no law forbid them.

In order to do a referendum, they need support from the Papuan people to forward the case. So far majority of Papuans don't even want a referendum. No one else speak about it other than these so called "student" and agents living outside the country. What are they gonna do?

Sure there are still things to improve in Papua but mostly are happy enough or at least acceptive with the current status. Because not only that they're not living in camps, they also have special autonomy, they can choose their own Governor through fair election, they can have their own political party, they can rise up to become high ranking generals and minister, even be a President of Indonesia as no law forbid them.

Need to hear Papuan real voice not only one side. What things still need to be improved in Papua in your opinion? If Papua decide to leave Indonesia, what will Indonesian do?

Australia on the other hand no longer see a weak Indonesia as beneficial.

Yeah... Just because they are currently more worried with China's rise than us... it's understandable that they would prefer to have a more solid buffer state between China and themselves... and for that, they have somewhat tempered down their media attacks on us regarding Papua nowadays, probably preferring to spread Xinjiang "genocide news" rather than Papuan "genocide news"...

Had this happened in the late 90's / early 2000's, they would've been relentless in their smear campaigns against us.. I still remember reading some Aussie news articles during the time of the East Timor referendum, it's as if we are some demon hellbent on Timorese genocide... almost no different with the articles we read today regarding China and Xinjiang... and then later how the heroic ADF come to the rescue against the genocidal TNI..

Let's not forget that most of this Papuan pro-separatist groups are operating freely from Australia and from their client states in the Pacific (and also the UK), and even received recognition and support from some of their lawmakers... So I have no doubt that, had the Aussies not be so preoccupied with China's rise today, we will the ones that are on the receiving end of this type of smear campaigns, and much more "news" similar to the one posted here will be propagated... and it can still happen, if and when Australia stabilizes their relationship with China, they might then turn their attention back to us...

Yeah... Just because they are currently more worried with China's rise than us... it's understandable that they would prefer to have a more solid buffer state between China and themselves... and for that, they have somewhat tempered down their media attacks on us regarding Papua nowadays, probably preferring to spread Xinjiang "genocide news" rather than Papuan "genocide news"...

Had this happened in the late 90's / early 2000's, they would've been relentless in their smear campaigns against us.. I still remember reading some Aussie news articles during the time of the East Timor referendum, it's as if we are some demon hellbent on Timorese genocide... almost no different with the articles we read today regarding China and Xinjiang... and then later how the heroic ADF come to the rescue against the genocidal TNI..

Let's not forget that most of this Papuan pro-separatist groups are operating freely from Australia and from their client states in the Pacific (and also the UK), and even received recognition and support from some of their lawmakers... So I have no doubt that, had the Aussies not be so preoccupied with China's rise today, we will the ones that are on the receiving end of this type of smear campaigns, and much more "news" similar to the one posted here will be propagated... and it can still happen, if and when Australia stabilizes their relationship with China, they might then turn their attention back to us...
That's why I'm always pro status quo, we don't want China to completely be gone, but I don't want china to be the dominant power in Asia either.

Hmm.... some change of determination? :)
I've always been pro status quo since day 1, you're just not paying attention enough.

The QUAD being able to defeat and subdue China is key to preserve the status quo,because if not, China would likely declare war tomorrow if they're confident enough to win a major war in Asia.

There are different dear. China feel Australia noisy, or brain disorder, nothing else.
You are democracy country, you may try to follow Aussie and American free direction. Look, after free Timor, they accepted you. if free Papua, they will embrace you, kiss you, lovely babe.

You are democracy country, you may try to follow Aussie and American free direction

What Aussie and American free direction...? had the Aussies ever freed their Aborigines to form their own country...? had the Americans ever freed their Native Americans to form their own country..? :crazy:

What Aussie and American free direction...? had the Aussies ever freed their Aborigines to form their own country...? had the Americans ever freed their Native Americans to form their own country..? :crazy:

At this attitude, the democracy country will not accept you.

That's why I'm always pro status quo, we don't want China to completely be gone, but I don't want china to be the dominant power in Asia either.
You look more like an India bashing China than Indonesian. You sound anti China than pro status quo like some Vietnamese here.

I've always been pro status quo since day 1, you're just not paying attention enough.

The QUAD being able to defeat and subdue China is key to preserve the status quo,because if not, China would likely declare war tomorrow if they're confident enough to win a major war in Asia.

If the QUAD subdue China it will be unipolar world centered on US, no status quo as you think. It will be like 18th or 19th centuries where the major powers are western nations.

Back
Top Bottom