What's new

Way to import oil from Russia should be found: Prime Minister

Exactly, I was thinking the same. We should talk to the Chinese if they can re-export Russian oil to us with a bit of profit.

China doesn’t want to upset USA.

And US will definitely sanction BD or assassinate Hasina - if BD buys from China.

USA will tolerate buying from India as US wants BD in Indian sphere of influence.

If Bangladesh buys Russian oil from India, the USA may not sanction Bangladesh.
But i think if BD even buy from India, US will punish BD, but not India.

US will not punish India, as they want India should buy weapons from US instead Russia, and also they want to use India for future wars between China and India.

Same US did with Russia, when stupid Russians were coming for Pakistan (Soviet Days). And Soviet Union broke away.

But India want to get every weapons from US just for against Pakistan.

assassinate Hasina
I would say , those days are long gone. If armed forces is hacking Hasina , no one can assassinate her or anyone!

Bangladesh is no longer the bottomless basket, so things aren't as easy as past days!

Also these days are long gone when you can change regime by lobbying at Capitol Hill!

Younus has been trying to grab power since many days , but not successful!

I would say , those days are long gone. If armed forces is hacking Hasina , no one can assassinate her or anyone!

Bangladesh is no longer the bottomless basket, so things aren't as easy as past days!

Also these days are long gone when you can change regime by lobbying at Capitol Hill!

Younus has been trying to grab power since many days , but not successful!

Bro!

You are too optimistic.

There are a lot of ambitious and opportunistic Zia and Ershad about in the military.

Every single General thinks he should be president 🤣🤣🤣

And many officers still blame Hasina for Pilkhana (probably the work of RAW).

Bangladeshi military officer class are too ambitious and divisive.

They continually plot against each other.

Zia killed Kaled and Taher.
Monjur killed Zia.
Ershad killed Zia and all his rivals.

Border forces killed military officers.

Only Hasina has managed to stop the killing and counter killing within the military ranks.

China doesn’t want to upset USA.

And US will definitely sanction BD or assassinate Hasina - if BD buys from China.

USA will tolerate buying from India as US wants BD in Indian sphere of influence.
China not mind to upset USA, China has even just sanctioned the speaker of the US House of Representatives. And trump has already shown us the ultimate sanctions of the USA.

China does not mind making more money from Bangladesh, but we do not want to see Bangladesh sanctioned by the USA. To be honest, Bangladesh's import of Russian oil from India is less dangerous.

China not mind to upset USA, China has even just sanctioned the speaker of the US House of Representatives. And trump has already shown us the ultimate sanctions of the USA.

China does not mind making more money from Bangladesh, but we do not want to see Bangladesh sanctioned by the USA. To be honest, Bangladesh's import of Russian oil from India is less dangerous.

I agree with you.

Hopefully, China will not be deterred by US bullying.

And continue to be our main development partner.

You give us your sunset industries.

In return we buy your weapons, manage the chicken neck and give you our big infrastructure projects.

(Thanks , prime minister, who speaks as Bagher baccha ( daughter of a tiger ) ; if we really buy oil from Russia with ruble , it will be slap on the face of western governments)

Google translation of Bengali news -

Way to import oil from Russia should be found: Prime Minister

Bangladesh will also be able to buy oil from Russia, said Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina. Daughter of Bangabandhu said, if India can buy oil from Russia, why can't we? Talk to Russia and find a way to import fuel oil.

She said this while joining the meeting of the Executive Committee of the National Economic Council (ECNEC) on Tuesday (August 16) via video conference from Ganabhaban. Sheikh Hasina presided over it. Later, Planning Minister MA Mannan outlined the instructions of the Prime Minister.

The Prime Minister asked to find various ways to buy fuel oil. Sheikh Hasina said that it is necessary to look at the issue of buying fuel oil in Russian currency ruble.

In the meeting, the Prime Minister said that only when the people of the country are a little better, various conspiracies and conspiracies start. In fact, those who are doing it, want to stop this progress. Due to the Russia-Ukraine war, the world market has gone out of purchasing power, despite the government's purchasing power.

Eknek president said that the price of daily commodities has increased greatly due to the increase in the price of fuel oil. Due to which people are suffering. The government truly realize these things.

The head of government said, we think it is absolutely necessary to take some more steps or initiatives to save the poor people, to keep the price of daily commodities bearable.

He said, I do politics for people. So when people suffer, I suffer too.

ERL doesn't have capability to refine Russian crude oil. You can't recalibrate it, as you will not be able to refine ME oil economically. to add ERL is the sole refinery for BD. So importing Russian crude doesn't make sense, unless Hasina is going to setup a second refinery.

Other option is to buy refined oil. You have only two suppliers. India and China.
As suggested by some of your countrymen you can buy refined oil from China which has to be transported via sea. This is too costly, less cost effective than buying crude from ME. check the world sea route map to understand.
Now it is all with India, India as a policy will not sell Russian Oil to any third party.

So, end result no Russian oil

Last edited:
Even if you somehow managed to get cheap oil from Russia you have to configure the refineries to process Russian oil.
Refineries are tuned to specific type of crude oil.
I sincerely hope Hasina stays out of that, her father's export of Jute to Cuba under us sanctions didn't go too well.

Yes, cheap fuel is essential to curb inflation in Bangladesh.

I suggest that Bangladesh buy Russian oil from India.

If Bangladesh buys Russian oil from China, the USA is likely to impose sanctions on Bangladesh.

If Bangladesh buys Russian oil from India, the USA may not sanction Bangladesh.

you do know that Russian oil and gas is not sanctioned - you just can't buy it using dollars and Euros. You also can't get shipping insurance for your cargo so India and others that choose to import Russian oil have to pay through the nose for the shipment. Now if the Russians deep discount the cargo then yes the discount will offset the higher shipping cost. if not, and the cargo is priced per market value then Russian oil will be prohibitively expensive.

everyone on PDF wants to slap on the face of western governments yet want to settle in west, sell their products to them and use their technology... Nobody want to settle/study/work in Russia or buy their cars or mobile phones or PC or consumer products... why? why?

everyone on PDF wants to slap on the face of western governments yet want to settle in west, sell their products to them and use their technology... Nobody want to settle/study/work in Russia or buy their cars or mobile phones or PC or consumer products... why? why?
Why anyone in this earth answer it to an Indian?

First of all, it's not really possible for Bangladesh to buy Russian oil from Russia, Russia only take Rouble and they can't process any payment, and you can't really trade Rouble anywhere. Don't know how much business Bangladesh deal with Russia, I don't suppose BD have large Rouble Reserve as in India and Chinese case.

The only option is for Bangladesh to buy oil from other people that import from other who brought from Russia. However, that mean they are reselling it to you. That mean you won't be having a discount as much as India or Chinese had. And the remaining discount is offset by transportation and processing cost.

And finally, it is not at all profitable now to buy from Russia as Brend dropped significantly since May, it's currently at $82.5 USD per barrel, so at the end, you probably better off buying from other country.

First of all, it's not really possible for Bangladesh to buy Russian oil from Russia, Russia only take Rouble and they can't process any payment, and you can't really trade Rouble anywhere. Don't know how much business Bangladesh deal with Russia, I don't suppose BD have large Rouble Reserve as in India and Chinese case.

The only option is for Bangladesh to buy oil from other people that import from other who brought from Russia. However, that mean they are reselling it to you. That mean you won't be having a discount as much as India or Chinese had. And the remaining discount is offset by transportation and processing cost.

And finally, it is not at all profitable now to buy from Russia as Brend dropped significantly since May, it's currently at $82.5 USD per barrel, so at the end, you probably better off buying from other country.
Rubles are not required. Russia accepts CNY payment, and Bangladesh also accepts CNY payment.

The problem is that Bangladesh may not have much CNY reserves due to its long-term trade deficit.

In addition, the USA will launch sanctions against Bangladesh.

Back
Top Bottom