What's new

Waiting for the bus in freezing winter cold? Chinese City set up heated "warm room" for the waiting passengers

I never said sheltering every bus stop, I don't know where you get that from.
But OP is just a random stop , not even a major stop in busy district, why you want these random stops to come with terminal buildings?

But OP is just a random stop , not even a major stop in busy district, why you want these random stops to come with terminal buildings?
Random stop or not, enclosed or heated station are not something new concept, the one in Canada is also random stop as well, and there are a few random stop in T-Way that are enclosed.

Again, going back to my original point. Did the Chinese really just think of enclosing the bus stop now to keep people from the environment??

Random stop or not, enclosed or heated station are not something new concept, the one in Canada is also random stop as well, and there are a few random stop in T-Way that are enclosed.

Again, going back to my original point. Did the Chinese really just think of enclosing the bus stop now to keep people from the environment??
When did I say it's a new concept? does Australia enclose every random bus stops? why you want Urumqi to do so?

Did they just think about enclosing the bus stop to get people away from element??

This has been done a long time ago in Australia. This is Blacktown Westpoint Interchange, has been like this since I move to Blacktown around 10 years ago, which is strangely just about 100 meters from another major bus terminal (Above ground and open) (Blacktown station interchange), most people would just walk to the West Point and take bus there

When did I say it's a new concept? does Australia enclose every random bus stops? why you want Urumqi to do so?
Why does it have to enclose "every" bus stop?? Nobody but you talking about enclosing EVERY bus stop here....

And my point is not whether or not this is a new concept, my point is did the Chinese JUST think of enclosing their bus stop so people can get away from the environment?? I mean, how many years people freezing their butt off in those stop before they manage to think to enclose it? lol. My question is a simple Yes or No question. I meant nothing by it other than whether or not Chinese JUST think of enclosing stop to get people out of the cold.

Why you want the OP one to be like a terminal size building then?
Are these terminal size??

_1_sr_covid19_200629_busterminal_08.jpg

Airconditioned_bus_stop_in_Dubai_UAEa.jpg

fd1066d84e293bef7fff4c74509144bc.jpg

UK Kings Line Bus stop.jpg

Your first post is, these are not ,they are more or less are just like Urumqi's, so what's wrong with them? If you believe Urumqi's has a problem, these must also do.
Again, why does size matter??

We are talking about an enclosed stop aren't we? Unless you don't count enclosing an entire bus stop are enclosed stop, they are enclosed.

I never said there are problem with individual enclosed bus stop, I said and ask you whether Chinese JUST thought about enclosing their stop to keep people from freezing their arse off. Dude, either you are seeing things or you are once again trying to divert and evade my question.

Again, why does size matter??

We are talking about an enclosed stop aren't we? Unless you don't count enclosing an entire bus stop are enclosed stop, they are enclosed.

I never said there are problem with individual enclosed bus stop, I said and ask you whether Chinese JUST thought about enclosing their stop to keep people from freezing their arse off. Dude, either you are seeing things or you are once again trying to divert and evade my question.
I posted some Urumqi's bus stops and you jumped in saying "Did they just think about enclosing the bus stop to get people away from element?? , then you posted all those pics, I don't really get your logic, if you don't agree with Urumqi's bus stops, why you posted similar bus stops of other countries?

I posted some Urumqi's bus stops and you jumped in saying "Did they just think about enclosing the bus stop to get people away from element?? , then you posted all those pics, I don't really get your logic, if you don't agree with Urumqi's bus stops, why you posted similar bus stops of other countries?
So are you punishing Australia because instead of enclosing individual stop, they tend to just build an enclosed concourse to keep people out of the heat or weather before boarding the bus??? So that does not count as enclosed?? You ask me why I don't agree with Urumqi Bus stop, why are you disagreeing with Australian Bus Stop?

Otherwise whether it's a small stop like Urmaqi or Toronto, or a big concourse like the Paramatta Bus Interchange on the other partof the Railway concourse, both are enclosed station.

I didn't say anything about Urumqi stop have any issue, my point was, did the Chinese JUST NOW think of enclosing their stop, either by enclosing individual stop or enclosing the concourse, to keep people out of the weather?? And I have been asking this for like 6 post now, I still don't have a simple Yes or No answer I am asking for. Why do you want to avoid answering my question and keep going on abotu what is enclosed stop??

I didn't say anything about Urumqi stop have any issue, my point was, did the Chinese JUST NOW think of enclosing their stop,
I guess you didn't watch it carefully, it's been upgraded, they've been there for a decade, and I never said other cities or countries don't have something similar, you know Urumqi is a relatively backward city in China, don't you?

微信图片_20221207004525.png

Last edited:
I guess you didn't watch it carefully, it's been updated, they've been there for a decade, and I never said other cities or countries don't have something similar, you know Urumqi is a relatively backward city in China, don't you?
Then it's fine, I just don't understand why you have to be so defensive on simple question like this. Not everything I said was rhetoric you know? I was just asking a question and then you come out all gun blazing.

Then it's fine, I just don't understand why you have to be so defensive on simple question like this. Not everything I said was rhetoric you know? I was just asking a question and then you come out all gun blazing.
_20221207004525-png.903471

Not everything is a competition, I just posted a remote, frontier city's public transport improvement, I don't know why you believed that I meant it's a new innovation, I also post Urumqi's subway, I hope you don't think that I mean Urumqi's subway is the first one in the world.

_20221207004525-png.903471

Not everything is a competition, I just posted a remote, frontier city's public transport improvement, I don't know why you believed that I meant it's a new innovation, I also post Urumqi's subway, I hope you don't think that I mean Urumqi's subway is the first one in the world.
I never said it was new innovation, again, the question I ask is "Did the Chinese Just think of enclosing those station to get people away from the weather" That is the question I asked, not whether or not this is a new innovation, not whether ALL the bus stop should be made enclose, not do you think it is crazy to enclose all bus stop"

Sometime a question is just a question, it doesn't have any hidden meaning, if you think there is, then you are probably getting paranoid, maybe you need to seek medical help on the issue.

Sometime a question is just a question, it doesn't have any hidden meaning, if you think there is, then you are probably getting paranoid, maybe you need to seek medical help on the issue.
LOL, medical help? we all know why you jumped in this thread, don't we?

Back
Top Bottom