What's new

US becoming ‘developing country’ on global rankings

Very good explanation.

Cheerleading as usual huh. Marshall plan created huge deficits with Europe which enabled them to use dollars. Ultimately, US elites were more interested in controlling the system than having an industrial base. China was created based on this philosophy, thank god, we exploited this system and strengthened our country.
What do you expect? Europe was in ruins everything destroyed, people hungry. The US has the dollar, the technology, foods, machines, military and everything else. Without the US there is a risk the Soviet army could just roll over. Not cheerleading just stating a fact.
Some elder Germans told me they were hungry when they were kids they hunted for coals some just survived because they had a small farm.

I want to lose weight, so this morning I ate only a small loaf of bread which sold for 2,000 VND at a minimart in Cau Giay district, Hanoi (23,500 VND = 1 USS)
Yo that's cheap, bánh mì in my city costs 3000 VND a piece.

What do you expect? Europe was in ruins everything destroyed people hungry. The US has the dollar, the technology, foods, machines, military and everything else. Without the US there is a risk the Soviet army could just roll over. Not cheerleading just stating a fact.

Calm down Jose, why so emotional. US is far from righteous, Europe is now being relegated to an American puppet instead of an independent power. All they had to do was make your fear Russia and instigate a war. Its so typical, only numbs numbs think US is helping Europe. Russia wasn't gonna invade Europe anytime soon, its the other way round. Wake up woke boy.

When we hang the capitalists, they will sell us the rope.
------Stalin
I am no ideologue, but this saying is pretty accurate, US created today's China but of course we can't undermine the hard work Chinese put in. US gave us the chance, we used it and worked hard to excel.

Lol.

People keep talking about all of these things like they are bugs.

Ethnic and social tension is the easiest way to have a stable democracy, because you can easily distract from any real issue with fake artificial ones.

Income inequality = efficiency.

The higher the income inequality, the higher efficiency the country is.

The less the healthcare, the easier it is to downsize it later.

The less guarantees given by the government, the easier it is to downsize it later.

The way I see it, the U.S. is way better equipped for post-imperial decline than any of the other advanced economies, since it doesn't have to lower it's living standards as far, and therefore won't suffer as much real threat to social cohesion.

Aka, famine, lack of energy, etc.

BTW, you can buy things like wheat flour for dirt cheap in the U.S.

So you can just buy dirt cheap wheat flour and buy a bread machine and get nearly free bread forever.

Just did a quick check and you can buy wheat flour for ~33 cents per pound and you can buy a bread machine for like 50-100 USD.

Last edited:
It always has been, when you leave the big famous cities (and even then only the rich parts) it's a whole different world. People only see the fancy parts in movies and on TV.

Yo that's cheap, bánh mì in my city costs 3000 VND a piece.

In the West Coast of US, where I live, cheapest Banh Mi is around $5, and up to $8 in pricier restaurants. Talking about Chicken Banh Mi. Bowl of small Pho is $8 as well.

It always has been, when you leave the big famous cities (and even then only the rich parts) it's a whole different world. People only see the fancy parts in movies and on TV.
not really except for ghettos, life is good even in mid tier city

It takes a price to become an international currency.

First of all, you must have a large trade deficit. Only the deficit can let other countries own and use your currency.

Secondly, in order to create a trade deficit, you need to transfer a large part of the manufacturing industry and invest abroad. That was one of the purposes of the Marshall Plan.

You will need to build a huge invincible fleet and invest heavily in military affairs to ensure global trade security and currency credit.

Because of the huge deficit, you will become a country relying on domestic demand to drive economic growth. Because war is the biggest domestic demand, you will gradually become infatuated with the smell of war. Your people will die in a war that will never stop.

Because of the transfer of manufacturing industry, your people will inevitably be troubled by the growing gap between rich and poor. Because of the high costs of war and armaments, your citizens will enjoy worse and worse welfare and public facilities.

If you want to maintain your position, you must attract talents from all over the world. This will inevitably lead to the diversification of your country. Diversified countries will inevitably be accompanied by ethnic conflicts, LGBT and other issues.

If you choose this path, you must always be alert to any risk of failure. Because once the monetary system collapses, countless currencies will return to your country, which will bring an unprecedented economic disaster.

Heavy is the head who wears the crown.
------Shakespeare

In fact, it is good for most Americans to make the world multipolar. The crown is both a blessing and a curse. After the curse is removed, the United States will become more and more like Europe, not more like hell.
Very good analysis 👍.

In the West Coast of US, where I live, cheapest Banh Mi is around $5, and up to $8 in pricier restaurants. Talking about Chicken Banh Mi. Bowl of small Pho is $8 as well.

That's crazy expensive compared to here LOL

That's crazy expensive compared to here LOL

Yeah California is the most expensive state in the US. San Jose (Silicon Valley) is even more expensive compared to Los Angeles/San Diego.

What's a mid tier city to you?

I'd say cities like Tucson, Albuqurque, El Paso, San Antonio or even Salt Lake city.

It has everything, but still has a homely small town feel.

Stores closed after 9 PM.

Has only a few freeways which are mostly Interstates.

Even among mid tiers, they have smaller and larger ones, the ones above are huge.

Smaller mid Tier would be a city like San Luis Obispo or Santa Barbara.

Parts of Philadelphia, Detroit, Oakland, Fresno, Bakersfield and LA's Compton are really bad.

Berkeley with the homeless thugs is also getting really bad.

A city has to apply rules of public safety. When you don't - it goes downhill fast.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom