What's new

Upset with delay, Kabul shelves request for arms aid from Delhi

Just as your adopted country interferes in tiny Cuba's affairs, A-Stan claims two Pakistani provinces, has history - so we interfere like all countrys to defend our interests.
Guess who else has a border dispute with you? By your own logic, you shouldn't be complaining when the same hand is dealt to you

Guess who else has a border dispute with you? By your own logic, you shouldn't be complaining when the same hand is dealt to you
are you suggesting india is somehow holding back on the matter of defending its interests?-

we can handle india - and if A-Stan doesn't conflict with our interests we have no reason to interfere and never would.

we can handle india - and if A-Stan doesn't conflict with our interests we have no reason to interfere and never would.
Please enlighten us the reason to unleash 40K fighters in 1994-96 against najibullah, aid taliban with military advisors and militia, during raid on kabul in 94, assassination of Ahmed Shah Massoud, Rabbani, Abdul Haq, Airlift of Konduz, Aiding a abetting a genocidal Taliban regime throughout it's pillage of afghans, arming taliban despite genocide of hazaras and Ubeks.... What did the afghans do to pakistan to deserve the most evil regime ever known to the modern world... Please tell us how had infighting afghan mujhahideens risked your interests that deserved the gift called Taliban?

Please enlighten us the reason to unleash 40K fighters in 1994-96 against najibullah, aid taliban with military advisors and militia, during raid on kabul in 94, assassination of Ahmed Shah Massoud, Rabbani, Abdul Haq, Airlift of Konduz, Aiding a abetting a genocidal Taliban regime throughout it's pillage of afghans, arming taliban despite genocide of hazaras and Ubeks.... What did the afghans do to pakistan to deserve the most evil regime ever known to the modern world... Please tell us how had infighting afghan mujhahideens risked your interests that deserved the gift called Taliban?

Blah blah blah, we did what we needed to, for us rightly or wrongly the red line is for the Afghans to become close to india.

The reason is the hostile behavior of Afghans against the Pakistani state. Long before Pakistan supported Taliban. Long before Pakistan supported any mujahideen. It was Afghan govt that sent military to invade Pakistani territory. It was Afghanistan that supported separatists in KPK on the name of greater Pushtoonistan. Long before Pakistadn supported Taliban Afghans support Baloch separatists and other militant organizations like Al-Zulfiqar. Even it was only Afghanistan that opposed Pakistan in United Nations in 1947.

All these reasons and history has been repeated numerous times on this forum. Now if you skipped your history classes back in school or just another internet hindu from India who overlooks all this history to bash "evil" Pakistan then it is not our problem. You should enlighten yourself instead of wasting our time by asking such already answered questions.

And that exactly is the problem.... Learn to recognize others "sovereignty", although the word might not have relevant significance to you

@FaujHistorian what's your opinion on the rafi's backyard...

Look my brother Sandy

As Paks and Inds we can quibble about many many many many (did I say many?) things.

But we must learn from our shared and common history of 3000 years and agree on just one thing.

I mean one thing only (Is it too much to ask?)

--- Control of Afghanistan must be a shared strategy between Ind and Pak. With Pak getting 70-80% control.
--- This is what Mouria empire did, this is what happened during Maharaja Ranjeet Singh time, and this must happen now

peace to you.

The reason is the hostile behavior of Afghans against the Pakistani state. Long before Pakistan supported Taliban. Long before Pakistan supported any mujahideen. It was Afghan govt that sent military to invade Pakistani territory. It was Afghanistan that supported separatists in KPK on the name of greater Pushtoonistan. Long before Pakistadn supported Taliban Afghans support Baloch separatists and other militant organizations like Al-Zulfiqar. Even it was only Afghanistan that opposed Pakistan in United Nations in 1947.

All these reasons and history has been repeated numerous times on this forum. Now if you skipped your history classes back in school or just another internet hindu from India who overlooks all this history to bash "evil" Pakistan then it is not our problem. You should enlighten yourself instead of wasting our time by asking such already answered questions.

Please tell us about al Zulfikar, wasn't it formed by zulfikar ali bhutto's son to avenge his father who was killed by a megalomaniac dictator..... apart from that your justification of support taliban is quite poor, try again ... this time with maybe some content....

Look my brother Sandy

As Paks and Inds we can quibble about many many many many (did I say many?) things.

But we must learn from our shared and common history of 3000 years and agree on just one thing.

I mean one thing only (Is it too much to ask?)

--- Control of Afghanistan must be a shared strategy between Ind and Pak. With Pak getting 70-80% control.
--- This is what Mouria empire did, this is what happened during Maharaja Ranjeet Singh time, and this must happen now

peace to you.

That is a view, maybe I am naive, but I think sovereignty of a-stan should be respected, no country should be anyone's backyard.... alignment of foreign policy should be out of co-operation and not coercion.

That is a view, maybe I am naive, but I think sovereignty of a-stan should be respected, no country should be anyone's backyard.... alignment of foreign policy should be out of co-operation and not coercion.

No one in Pakistan has a claim in AFghanistani territory.

If some Afghanistani groups are up for bidding, and India bids for some, USA bids for some, and Pakistan bids for some.

Then you ought to tell everyone to stop accepting such bids. Why focus on just one country's bidding and ignoring others.

@sandy_3126 you are preaching the converted dear
my point was, we were criticized by Northern alliance, India and Americans for suggesting that talks with Taliban shouldnt be ruled out . the good and bad Taliban jibe was coined for us but in the end, except India everyone had to open the channels.so we felt vindicated. Taliban are scumbags just like the Northern alliance nonTaliban scumbags whose infighting was also one factor giving rise to taliban (ISI, CIA and Saudis being the king makers of course).

I will address your points in details later

No one in Pakistan has a claim in AFghanistani territory.

If some Afghanistani groups are up for bidding, and India bids for some, USA bids for some, and Pakistan bids for some.

Then you ought to tell everyone to stop accepting such bids. Why focus on just one country's bidding and ignoring others.

India is in support of the afghan government, US is in support of the afghan government, pakistan for some reasons is supporting anti-government agencies, thus trying to coerce the afghan government to tow it's line .... that is the difference.

In a perfect world, yes indeed, sir. It however happens that this is no perfect world- utopia, hence the disrespect for sovereignity and integrity for most countries, we do it on whoever we can do it, you do it on whoever your power and ability allows you to. The rationalizations might be different, but the work, in the basic sense, remains the same.

Back
Top Bottom