What's new

Upset with delay, Kabul shelves request for arms aid from Delhi

your response shows bro that you have not studied the region fully.

Perhaps it's just a perspective thing. He knows more about the region than I do, or at least as much as me.

I've said many times in this forum when replying to other Indian members, that when they comment about Af-Pak affairs, they're very often plainly wrong in their opinions and I call out their comments for being inaccurate and their confidence in them as bluffs, with that I also claim that I've only come across not more than 2 or 3 Indians on forums like this that are actually clued up on this topic. @sandy_3126 is the first that comes to mind, though I don't mention him in these posts, I hint at it in many posts of mine in this forum.

The biggest error in your arguments is that Pakistan has provided with all kinds of help to Afghanistani citizens. Which your posts tend to completely ignore.
Where did I imply that? Pakistan has rehabilitated war torn refugees, that doesn't absolve pakistan of taliban in the past... today pakistan needs to reach out to elected afghan government, which I hope they do, because they did not do that with the karzai government.

Where did I imply that? Pakistan has rehabilitated war torn refugees, that doesn't absolve pakistan of taliban in the past... today pakistan needs to reach out to elected afghan government, which I hope they do, because they did not do that with the karzai government.

Taliban supported by one block.

NA supported by another.

you focus on just one and not the other for obvious reasons.

Taliban supported by one block.

NA supported by another.

you focus on just one and not the other for obvious reasons.
Some one had to oppose the genocidal maniacs hell bent on bringing back the dark ages... It surely wasn't going to be pakistan.... some one had to step in and thus India provided some measly support to the warriors of panjshir...

Btw your prime ally too ended up supporting the Northern alliance, how come no anger about that?

In that case the Kabul stadium will again witness public execution of women on charges of adultery. Time will tell.

If India wins, we will witness public rape of women at the bus stop outside of Kabul stadium, on the charges of refusing sexual advances. Time will indeed tell.

If India wins, we will witness public rape of women at the bus stop outside of Kabul stadium in the charges of refusing sexual advances.
Since when did public rape in India become a public occurrence? :o: Rapes in South Asia in its entirely is very low when compared to the world. Though not as low as Pakistan (0 rapes), but still quite low. Indians have identified and acknowledged this problem. Things will improve. :tup:

As for the Afghan question, we all know what the situation was in 1999 for example. Not sure if doing that is in Pakistan's interest. Now don't get me wrong - it does not bother me wrt to Pakistan. Only the implications it will have for India.

In that case the Kabul stadium will again witness public execution of women on charges of adultery. Time will tell.

For us to win in Afghanistan is to have a friendly government, or even a government that understands boundaries and won't accommodate those who cause trouble. We'[re at war with the taliban and have no delusions as to what we want in the future in Afghanistan. Whenever Afghanistan becomes a mess, it's never within our interests, only our own security is the goal and there are many much better ways to achieve that.

If Afghanistan want low-cost and fairly effective weapons, China would be the best source. The Chinese are also very reliable suppliers with no strings attached.

Well, This might sound like a bad news for India, but i dont think it really is. Since India still cant even meet all its local defence needs indigenously, so how does afghanistan expect India to meet their defence needs? India of course will prioritize meeting its own army defence needs before it can think of exporting any such equipments to a foreign country. Another solution for India will be to give soft loans/gifts/credit to afghanistan for them to buy/procure much needed weapons from say Russia(i think i red somewhere that India sign an agreement with Afghanistan and Russia whereby India will provide funds to Afghanistan so they can procure/buy weapons from Russia), that will be a good way of helping the Afghan army, since India is not really in a position(well not yet) to meet afghanistan defence needs.

Afghanistan already has alot of U.S weapons and to some extent Russian as well in its inventory so i dont understand why they are so desperate for other weapon supplies. They should focus more on their economy and signing a peace treaty with the other rebels/guerilla fighters/Taliban so they can focus on development. This will be better than always focusing on weapons/military(though its needed as well). For i dont think there will be any peace without negotiation with these scums called Taliban, they have to be relaistic and deal with it, since the Taliban are going nowhere and are there to stay, but we and the Americans are foreign countries, hence we cant stay there forever. So hopefully the Afghan government will act responsibly and look at a larger picture. Good luck to Afghanistan and the Afghan people, for they have gone through some pretty tough times these past decades.

Back
Top Bottom