What's new

Two S-400 batteries and 240 warheads to cost Turkey $2.5bn

Major target of Turkeys administration with S-400 deal is political. Not based on military requirements. Bcs of that i can not expect so much system can be buyed from Russia. And of course we make different structural organization of this missile system, not like Russian did. (Battery org. and pieces...)

Secondery target with buying S-400 is this: Lovering pressure on TAF specially in Agean air area. Of course this systems are mobil and i can expect to see that in east of Turkey also. But if we protect west with some system can able to shoot NATO planes without any conditions, we can move and focus our air force more quick where we need.

Turkey and Russia is a good trade partner for now. Then we can make barter of course. I don't think we need credit or loan. And we have a money also. This argument must be only excuse for buying time.

We can expect in near future, main long range missile and air breathing target interceptor system for Turkey based on the Aster system. İ can not say we buy Aster 15/30 or we can developed togather Aster 30 Block 1/2/NT etc. We will buy All work about Aster system and make a base on it and build a new local system more good and developed then Aster. It's very good working / proven model and we do that before. And we can hope to see that system navalized on İ class Turkish made frigates in near future.

Some of European countrys (İnc. Greece) make a partnership for Iris-T. With IDAS project (submarine launched air defence missile) we can have full data pack about it. Bcs it's based on Iris-T AAM. And we developed and localized that data pack much much more that original. And we make Hisar air defence missile system familiy based on it. (Good night Greece)

And it's confirmed. 4 S-400 systems buyed from Russia. 2 of them come in next year. 2 of them produced (assembled i think) in Turkey. Defence ministers plan to sign in next week.

$2.5 billion for 4 systems with 2 of those produced/assembled in Turkey sounds like a much better deal. Congrats.

Is the S-400 better than Patriot PAC-3 ?
They are completely different systems and incomparable.

http://www.bloomberght.com/sondakika

According to Bloomberg HT, Turkey is going to buy 4 S-400 System for $2,5billion

This is my air defense system position prediction. Small red circles are range for anti-ballistic missile (120km) as it claimed in wikipedia. But wiki says that S-400 is only effective against short-medium range ballistic missiles. Green big circles are range of 48N6 missiles(250km), we will possibly buy very limited number of 40N6 (400km) so most of anti-aircraft range would be 250km.
DrWezpU.jpg

Ankara-İstanbul-İzmir ones are pretty obvious. I assume that fourth one will be stationed next to Akkuyu nuclear power plant, since SSM shared one air defense video long time ago, in that video there was an air defense system next to Akkuyu, it also covers Cyprus.
I think we will definitely cover some areas in northern Syria. That is one of the reasons why we are buying this. Remember how a syrian/iranian airplane bombed our soldiers there? If we place cover that region our planes will comfortably hang around because "if you bite me i will bite you". Plus, we will buy at least some 40N6 missiles, so jam packing the batteries on the western half of the country doesn't make sense as their ranges will overlap. Finally don't forget that Konya is our best defensive city, positioning an S-400 with 40N6 missiles there will cover Ankara, and Cyprus.

Who said it failed to engage, it failed to detect them over syria.
And even if u claim the Russian chose not to, Israel has long history of destroying Russian made sam'

No S-400 ever tried to engage Israeli aircraft period, end of story, end of conspiracy theories. Russian aircraft regularly intercept NATO F-15s and F-16s. Israel uses the same aircraft and they show up on radar exactly the same way; and if something is seen on radar it is usually not difficult to shoot down given its within range.

Konya is our best defensive city, positioning an S-400 with 40N6 missiles there will cover Ankara, and Cyprus.

Not cyprus since mountains in the seaside are parallel to the sea in Mersin/Antalya, which will block Radar view.
Also anti-ballistic missile missiles cannot cover Ankara from Konya.

So with S400 and Aster we will go from second league to Champions League in air defence, right?

Amk we should put a S400 in the defense of Galatasaray against fucking Östursund in the next game.

Major target of Turkeys administration with S-400 deal is political. Not based on military requirements. Bcs of that i can not expect so much system can be buyed from Russia. And of course we make different structural organization of this missile system, not like Russian did. (Battery org. and pieces...)

Secondery target with buying S-400 is this: Lovering pressure on TAF specially in Agean air area. Of course this systems are mobil and i can expect to see that in east of Turkey also. But if we protect west with some system can able to shoot NATO planes without any conditions, we can move and focus our air force more quick where we need.

Turkey and Russia is a good trade partner for now. Then we can make barter of course. I don't think we need credit or loan. And we have a money also. This argument must be only excuse for buying time.

We can expect in near future, main long range missile and air breathing target interceptor system for Turkey based on the Aster system. İ can not say we buy Aster 15/30 or we can developed togather Aster 30 Block 1/2/NT etc. We will buy All work about Aster system and make a base on it and build a new local system more good and developed then Aster. It's very good working / proven model and we do that before. And we can hope to see that system navalized on İ class Turkish made frigates in near future.

Some of European countrys (İnc. Greece) make a partnership for Iris-T. With IDAS project (submarine launched air defence missile) we can have full data pack about it. Bcs it's based on Iris-T AAM. And we developed and localized that data pack much much more that original. And we make Hisar air defence missile system familiy based on it. (Good night Greece)

I think all the time about that "urgent need". Need against whom? Greece/Cyrus was my first suggestion. About IDAS, I don't know if project is cancelled or not.

I don't think you will cover north Syria. Against whom you will in north Syria? Assad/ = Russia? USA or an other US ally (Arabian or European state)?

So with S400 and Aster we will go from second league to Champions League in air defence, right?

Amk we should put a S400 in the defense of Galatasaray against fucking Östursund in the next game.

No nation will dare to violate our airspace after we purchase S400 and Aster systems. However, I remain skeptical till the first systems arrive in Ankara.

They are completely different systems and incomparable.

Right but I don't really understand why these two systems cannot work together.

No nation will dare to violate our airspace after we purchase S400 and Aster systems. However, I remain skeptical till the first systems arrive in Ankara.

Because of Erdogan's golden palace.

Right but I don't really understand why these two systems cannot work together

Missing network integration. No side would share his "secret" with each other systems.

Because of Erdogan's golden palace.

It seems like you're successfully turkified finally.

Missing network integration. No side would share his "secret" with each other systems.

I know. But is it impossible to set up an intermediary entity between these two systems? They don't have to communicate directly.

Back
Top Bottom