What's new

Two Indian soldiers killed in LoC skirmish: Indian army

Of course ! Thats why I didn't have a hissy fit on the other thread & started talking about wars & mutilations !

But then again most of your compatriots were see taking the same line of reasoning as I am....why then does the thirst for 'substantiation' dies out now ?

At least the beheading part cannot be a complete fabrication. The names of thee dead have been released, and their bodies will be brought home to their native place. A lot of people will get to see the bodies, and if the heads are intact, then the lie won't stand for long.

Of course, one could argue that Indian armymen did the beheading to malign pak army...

But I think you will agree that it would be extremely difficult for the Indian army to put out a fake statement of a beheading that didn't actually happen. They wouldn't behead their colleagues' dead bodies simply to blame Pakistan.

As to where it happened, whether it was on Indian territory or Pakistani, only the statement of the army will be available.

And yesterday (or the day before) was an 'official' statement from the ISPR, the point being that its simply 'one word against another' without any evidence to back up the narratives of either of those two events.

Pakistanis were gullible in accepting yesterday's narrative just as you guys are today !

Such incidents have happened many times in the past and the Indian army have not issued a statement saying there has been a mutilation unlike this one that is why this is diffrent to previous cases.

head taken back....lets see Pakistanis justify this ... killing of soldiers..its sad ..but this happens..but who does something of this sort ?

Well whatever...we need more cricket to improve peace.

At least the beheading part cannot be a complete fabrication. The names of thee dead have been released, and their bodies will be brought home to their native place. A lot of people will get to see the bodies, and if the heads are intact, then the lie won't stand for long.

Of course, one could argue that Indian armymen did the beheading to malign pak army...

But I think you will agree that it would be extremely difficult for the Indian army to put out a fake statement of a beheading that didn't actually happen. They wouldn't behead their colleagues' dead bodies simply to blame Pakistan.

As to where it happened, whether it was on Indian territory or Pakistani, only the statement of the army will be available.

All is possible when there is enough bad blood between the two of us & more than enough history to go with it !

Otherwise these 'beheadings' being 'carried by Pakistani soldiers' on 'Indian soil' is just 'conjecture' !

I am a bit stumped at two things here

1. 'Beheading of two soldiers, as is being alleged by India media': By heavens, I truly hope and pray that this news is wrong and Army Command PR in Udhampur has not confirmed it. Because if this is true, this is not a 'normal' cross border firing and is truly 'unbecoming' of a solider. Also, if that were to be true, I promise that while we type from the comforts of our room and threaten each other, some other mother will definitely lose more of her young kids. I really really hope that the beheading news is wrong!

2. These small border fights around the Poonch & Rajouri districts are not a good news, as they are quickly escalating. For the readers, this border is very broad (~100-120km), highly mountainous, very cold and very wretched. It starts from Haji Pir Range and goes all the way to Chamb-Jourian sector - with Pakistani areas like Kotli, Mandhol, Bagh and Indian areas like Krishna Ghati, Rajouri, Nowshehra and Akhnoor. There are more than 2 complete Divs (8-12 full Bridgades) of IA along this border (I think Pak Rangers and PA combined has around 6 brigades on this border) and any escalation just means more casualty on both sides and I really hope, both countries silences the guns with immediate effect.

Guys, you don't realize this. This border has not seen so much firing for the last 6-10 years and this can steamroll into something UGLY and BIG in a matter of hours.

Don't feel like answering..

Anyways, giving false information about who fired first and such is understandable from both the sides but beheading is only the tools of perverse..

If the beheadings were indeed carried out by Pakistanis in Indian territory - We don't have the 'facts' or anything close to 'circumstantial evidence' to say that such was the case.

Pak kills 2 Indian soldiers in J&K, 1 body mutiliated: Army

Srinagar, Jan 8: Two Indian soldiers, Lance Naik were today killed by Pakistani troops in the Mendhar sector of Jammu and Kashmir. The attackers who intruded nearly 600 metres inside Indian territory are said to have snatched the duo's service rifles. Reports say the two soldiers were beheaded but the Army spokesman only confirmed that "one body has been badly mutiliated." The incident was preceded by a prolonged firefight between the two sides. Incidentally, this is the second ceasefire violation by Pakistan in the last three days. On Jan 6, the Army was forced to retaliate after mortal shells fired from across the Line of Control damaged the home of a civilian.

Pak kills 2 Indian soldiers in J&K, 1 body mutiliated: Army - Oneindia News

All is possible when there is enough bad blood between the two of us & more than enough history to go with it !

Otherwise these 'beheadings' being 'carried by Pakistani soldiers' on 'Indian soil' is just 'conjecture' !

Of course, anything is possible. But in situations like this, the question one has to ask is what is probable. Or, what is MORE probable.

What is more probable, that Indian soldiers would mutilate their colleagues' bodies to malign thee pak army, or that a few rogue soldiers in the pak army would behead two Indian soldiers?

If it was the other way round too, what would a neutral person have concluded? If a pak armyman's body was brought back with the head missing, which of the two alternatives would be more probable? That a few rogue Indian soldiers beheaded him, or that his own colleagues mutilated his dead body to cast India in a bad light?

Asking for concrete evidence in cases like this is a non-starter. You cant expect to get any. In such cases, one has to ask the question I just raised. Which of the two sides story is MORE likely than the other.

Back
Top Bottom