What's new

Turkish President Erdogan says that Muslims discovered America before the Europeans

Selous

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Turkish President Erdogan says that Muslims discovered America before the Europeans

The president of Turkey, Recep Tayyip Erdogan, has said that Muslims discovered the Americas in the 12th century, nearly 3 centuries before Christopher Columbus did. He claims that the Muslims discovered the Americas in the year 1178 AD. According to him Columbus describes a mosque on a hill on the Cuban coast in his diary. He offered to build a mosque on the same spot by saying: "I would like to talk about it to my Cuban brothers. A mosque would go perfectly on the hill today".

Source: Erdogan says Muslims discovered Americas - Middle East - Al Jazeera English

So Muslims discovered the Americas before Native Americas, I think this is one of his moments when he should of kept his mouth shut but failed to do so. Thus not making a fool out of his whole country.

haha, bravado.
yet the Americas are highly Christian and not Muslim though :coffee:
guess we can thank the Spanish and Portuguese for that.

vikings were first, russia was made by vikings so Russia discovered America. Also the native americans who came to america came from Russia

Native Americans are from Turkic stock and migrated from Central Asia. :)

So in this order:
1. Turkics
2. Muslims
3. Christians

So Muslims discovered the Americas before Native Americas, I think this is one of his moments when he should of kept his mouth shut but failed to do so. Thus not making a fool out of his whole country.

sometime people just dont read, he said before European

Native Americans are from Turkic stock and migrated from Central Asia. :)

So in this order:
1. Turkics
2. Muslims
3. Christians

Lol no Native Americans aren't Turkic neither genetically, linguistically nor in any other way. Native Americans are closely related to the Ket people in Siberia.

sometime people just dont read, he said before European
Apparently you didn't comprehend what I said, Native Americans discovered the Americas, everybody else RE-discovered the Americas.

Native Americans were actually very good Muslims...they read 5 times salah and ate beef. Thats why the European invaders killed them off in such a hurry...can't have the world knowing that the New World was Darus Salam. :D

haha, bravado.
yet the Americas are highly Christian and not Muslim though :coffee:
guess we can thank the Spanish and Portuguese for that.
yeah right... Christians in the west are really rare..

Back
Top Bottom