What's new

Turkish Peace Operations in Syria (Operation Olive Branch) Updates & Discussions

Many Syrians in Tel Rifaat and Around areas are making Vids, to ask Turkey to take their City back. "Face Covered" + Tags in YPG held areas and such...

So, it seems all that YPG strip of land, south of ES territory was indeed in a TR/RU deal from the beginning. That's also answer the Q of why they weren't any offensive in the beginning of OB op.

I still want to believe "There is a chance" it's wrong.

Last edited:

Many may not understand why Tel Rifaat/Menagh and all the Southern strip of Azaz, that is under YPG... may trigger such "Protest" and "Anger"

--Tel Rifaat, and his surroundings, were since the Beginning under Rebels control, Only made of Rebels and Anti-ASSad since 2011.
--FEw years ago...YPG from Afrin area, started an Offensive in coordination with ASSad and Russia to take it, after few weeks, they succeed, under heavy Airstrikes, to the point where Tel Rifaat can't be called a city anymore, it's the same landscape as Ayn al Arab/Kobane after US intervention.
--All of his Population had to flew to Azaz and a good part to Turkey.

--The main Hate of Rebels toward YPG in the entire Conflict is 90% coming from this YPG Offensive...
--Therefore, In that previous year... FSA swear to retake Tel Rifaat and Destroy YPG as much as possible.
--In this Optic, they accepted to say YES to every move against YPG, So That's why when Turkey started this Wish of taking out YPG, FSA was on the boat...
--So when TR started OB, many syrians hoped ,with the help of Turkey, regain those lost areas...
--The Ultimate goal for FSA is Tel Rifaat, while TR is Afrin...

It's like Liberating the Asian Side of Istanbul, while letting the EU one out of hand and call it a Victory...

--Anyway, it's the First time that Syrians in those areas, ever "Protested" for such "events"...
And things will not stop... TR have to "Clearly" state what she will do? Take it or not...
--And If it's a NO, Then be sure that with All those "Forces" involved in Afrin op..;will not stay calm... and will mostly make a move... and They may think TWICE to future Turkish "expansion" into YPG held areas...
--They didn't get what they died for...and that is frustrating... Frustration is not the best friend of "Reason"...

Is it announced that Tel Rifat wouldnt be taken? I havent heard anything about it.

Is it announced that Tel Rifat wouldnt be taken? I havent heard anything about it.
Well, it doesn't matter anymore... Since the News that Tel Rifaat will not be in, is already in the ears of most Syrians in the region...

Whatever it's true or not... Things could get out of hand quickly...
And tomorrow is Friday prayers...

Reports of Firing btw Forces... It's getting out of hand...

Well, it doesn't matter anymore... Since the News that Tel Rifaat will not be in, is already in the ears of most Syrians in the region...

Whatever it's true or not... Things could get out of hand quickly...
And tomorrow is Friday prayers...

Reports of Firing btw Forces... It's getting out of hand...

What firing and which forces... where is that happening? In Tel Rifaat itself or in some refugee camp under Turkish protection?

TSK Vehicules being blocked... Azaz/tel Rifaat region. (Near Border crossing)

DY7NE7eX4AAuh7s.jpg:large

What firing and which forces... where is that happening? In Tel Rifaat itself or in some refugee camp under Turkish protection?
I don't know, but reports of Firing, in Turkish protected areas.

Shame shame........if indeed tell rifaat isnt taken back from ypg, Its questioned whether FSA will join the next round in manbij

If indeed Olive branch forces stopped....I think its best to resettle the arabs in kurdish homes in afrin........I mean its the kurds fault that tell rifaat is taken.....someone gotta pay for their crimes. Make afrin a arab city and send the kurds to the idp camps instead

Btw: IMHO syrian rebels are doomed to fail......its just a matter of time

Last edited:
Russia gave up afrin district to turkey what will the USA give turkey in return ? Manbij is not enough .

I think American Russian rivalry will give turkey a big space to manouver and increase their safe zone in Syria.

Even if tel rafaat is not taken it remains a big victory . Patience is what is needed to achieve long term goals , Manbij and tel abyad are far more important than tal rafaat.

Turkey should maintain good ties with Russia and support its role in Syria in order to reduce iran's negative influence .

The next step should be reaching agreement with USA regarding the remaining border with Syria .

I am sure USA will accept most Turkish demands ; they are more focused now on taking over Syrian/Iraqi border to cut iran's land route to Syria .
It is important to cut Rojava in pieces. If Manbij is isolated from other parts they will give it up since it doesn't have a use anymore.

AFAIK, the deal with the Russia was for Afrin. Tel-Rıfat not within the Afrin borders but Azez.
I think, FSA commanders knows this however civilians don't.

Back
Top Bottom