What's new

Turkish Peace Operations in Syria (Operation Olive Branch) Updates & Discussions

Also claims that as many as 200,000 people have fled Afrin in recent days towards Aleppo. The city must be pretty empty by now.

I have seen many such claims from pro-YPG users on Twitter... 350 000 civilians in Afrin city to 1 000 000 civilians in Afrin region about to get massacred by the fascist Turks and their jihadist allies and etc. Once I asked where are those hundreds of thousands of people living in a city whose pre- war population was around 40 000 with no refugee camps in sight and a population growth of 800% in a few years that must be very easily visible and hard to handle in a city with a few thousand buildings.
I don't expect them YPG rats to be civil engineers and urban planners but those are obvious lies that everyone with at least half of a brain won't believe so easily.

I have seen many such claims from pro-YPG users on Twitter... 350 000 civilians in Afrin city to 1 000 000 civilians in Afrin region about to get massacred by the fascist Turks and their jihadist allies and etc. Once I asked where are those hundreds of thousands of people living in a city whose pre- war population was around 40 000 with no refugee camps in sight and a population growth of 800% in a few years that must be very easily visible and hard to handle in a city with a few thousand buildings.
I don't expect them YPG rats to be civil engineers and urban planners but those are obvious lies that everyone with at least half of a brain won't believe so easily.
True the 200,000 figure is exaggerated, the last census that took place before the civil war at 36000 in the city and I don't think much more 100-150,000 in the 200 odd villages in Afrin district.
On google maps, if you use the time feature, the city hasn't changed much at all since 2010 so there's no way it could hold 10 times the population.

Most YPG fighters have fled, most residents of the city have left, those that remain are looting. Gives a picture of what it's like on the ground in the city right now.

Last edited:
IMG_20180317_185959.jpg
Current map. This is a real success in 8 weeks.

Looks like erdogan is the only good thing that has happend to muslim world in this century, every little achievement by turks in batttle field.makes us equally happy. Only turks.and **** soldiers are a pride arabs are a shame and are now.racists towards.non.arabs , may allah keep pak turk strong enough to protect muslims.they are the only hope.left now

Night op?
On such target?
Night ops were really really rare in OB... And it could be dangerous for Afrin city case... if YPG is still around.
Whole turk intelligence is involved they wouldnt make such a move without giving a green light, rumours are that ypg vacated afrin city already

Back
Top Bottom