What's new

Turkey women MPs break headscarf taboo

If u will be told from ur childhood that u need to wear bucket on ur head otherwise u will go to hell then u will wear a bucket by ur choice.

Why should you reach this conclusion that Muslim women are taught such things so that they wear it by choice? Its you're biased assumption why not say then all non Muslim women are taught to show skin to gain acceptance in their societies. Thats how absurd you're claim was.

Aha i see, seems lots of pretending goes on in Muslim world....

I thought you were a bit more brighter than the infant you quoted. I did a bit research on it a while back. And the concept is simple. Banks do investments in certain areas.

The main difference is that normal banks give you a steady interest based on a simple agreement. The amount of interest won't change even if the bank would be in the reds.

The Islamic banks don't make a agreement on the interests. They simply offer you a partnership in their investments this varies from 10 percent partnership to 90 percent partnership. If they make money from the investments you will get your share, if they lose money you have to pay from your share.

It's a bit similar to making a fund investments. If the companies you buy a share in gains in value, you'll make money.

The same statistic also tell that 80% of the converts leave after a few years.

Know why? because the women finally learn what Islam is all about. These are basically insecure women unsure of themselves trying to find a sense of stability in a rigid religion.

Oh and Atheism is the fastest growing segment in Europe and U.S.A. Look at polls done.
Most who convert don't leave they stay in Islam forever

20131031202132461734_20.jpg

Four female legislators wearing headscarves have walked into Turkey's parliament in Ankara, marking an end to the early 1920s ban on the Muslim symbol imposed in the early days of the Turkish Republic.

Thursday’s symbolic action highlighted an emerging trend in Turkey where the issue of headscarves remains highly sensitive as it is viewed by secularists a sign of political Islam in stark contrast to the republic's strongly secular traditions.

The four MPs - Sevde Beyazit Kacar, Gulay Samanci, Nurcan Dalbudak and Gonul Bekin Sahkulubey are members of Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan's Justice and Development Party (AKP) which has Islamist roots and has gained a strong following in this nation of 74 million.

AKP legislators declared the ban on headscarves as a civil rights issue that had prevented religious women from expressing themselves freely in Turkish politics.

“I have always said that we overlooked the problem of equality between men and women, but today I think we are finally solving this problem,'' said Oznur Calik, a member of the ruling party.

The issue has continually been a highly contentious and public issue. In 1999, a newly elected member of parliament, Merve Kavakci, tried to take her oath while wearing a headscarf. The left-leaning prime minister at the time, Bulent Ecevit, told MPs to ``put this woman in her place.''

Kavakci left the building while some of her colleagues chanted for her to “get out.'' Kavakci lost her seat in 2001.

The restrictions on headscarves in government buildings were loosened as part of reforms aimed at boosting democracy unveiled by Erdogan in September, but the ban still remains in place for judges, prosecutors, military and security personnel.

The AKP's reformist push has been criticised by Turks fearing the rise of Islam in the official sphere, but legislators from the main secular opposition party, the Republican People's Party, said it had decided not to react to the four MPs' actions.

What women can wear has been a political battleground in both Muslim and non-Muslim countries.

France, meanwhile, in 2011 became the first European nation to ban the public use of face veils, infuriating many Muslims who felt their religious community was being singled out for discrimination.

Source:
AFP
http://www.aljazeera.com/news/europ...eak-headscarf-taboo-20131031194259751134.html
@Aeronaut @WebMaster @Oscar @Areesh @Arabian Legend @Yzd Khalifa @al-Hasani
I dont know why does these small little things make news in west as if they dont have anything else to report!

This rather to us shows their further Frustration and Defeats psychologically. 
Obviously not, thats why we dont wanna be a Islamic state.
Well dude we all have freedom of choice and believes. Lets not make a Fuzz.

Headscarves are not an arab thing.My grandmothers wear headscarves since i've known them and so do other women in my country,especially the elderly,as per traditions.

Most of the South Asian women have dupatta over their head. Headscarves are less prevalent among South Asian Muslims.

I thought you were a bit more brighter than the infant you quoted. I did a bit research on it a while back. And the concept is simple. Banks do investments in certain areas.

The main difference is that normal banks give you a steady interest based on a simple agreement. The amount of interest won't change even if the bank would be in the reds.

The Islamic banks don't make a agreement on the interests. They simply offer you a partnership in their investments this varies from 10 percent partnership to 90 percent partnership. If they make money from the investments you will get your share, if they lose money you have to pay from your share.

It's a bit similar to making a fund investments. If the companies you buy a share in gains in value, you'll make money.

Ahm, i was refering to pretending in regards to temporary marriages being an excuse for prostitution/pedophilia, maybe some rules on how to beat your wife that make it ok to do so etc....

Time to bring USA democracy for the oppressed turk people 
Equality? I dont see Erdogan walking in Arab clothes around. For some strange reason AKP men prefer to wear Western clothes, but want their women to wear Arab clothes. Is that equality?
Says someone creating Al Qaeda and disguise them as freedom fighters

I told u what makes me wonder: that all AKP men wear western clothes but their wives wear Arab clothes. I just dont think that's equality.
It's called traditional, no such thing called wives wear that but men wear Western style. In our religion, Muslim women has to wear headscaves with hijab or niqab, abaya or any traditionals female clothing.

On topic - Erdogan is doing a good job lifting freedom for Muslim women after all the headache. Like one story when a Turkish woman wore a headscarve to the office but her boss forced her to take it off then she refused and left the job. No more headache now, good finally. Turkey will get used to it.

It's called traditional, no such thing called wives wear that but men wear Western style. In our religion, Muslim women has to wear headscaves with hijab or niqab, abaya or any traditionals female clothing.

On topic - Erdogan is doing a good job lifting freedom for Muslim women after all the headache. Like one story when a Turkish woman wore a headscarve to the office but her boss forced her to take it off then she refused and left the job. No more headache now, good finally. Turkey will get used to it.
Cool. Women must wear headscarf coz its tradition. But why neither Erdogan, nor Gul, nor Davutuiglu wear turbans, fez or kafias? Thats also thusands years tradition.

Cool. Women must wear headscarf coz its tradition. But why neither Erdogan, nor Gul, nor Davutuiglu wear turbans, fes or kafias? Thats also thusands years tradition.
Its not a tradition,only conservative muslim women wear them. 

It should be free to wear a headcarf,but its not a general tradition.
Modern women dont wear it,so its more religious.

Cool. Women must wear headscarf coz its tradition. But why neither Erdogan, nor Gul, nor Davutuiglu wear turbans, fez or kafias? Thats also thusands years tradition.
Fez is banned in Turkey and it will alarm the Kemalist if he goes strict. Not sure if serious or not, you live in your current location which is well known to have knowledge on Muslims.
Erdogan%20dress1.jpg

Its not a tradition,only conservative muslim women wear them. 

It should be free to wear a headcarf,but its not a general tradition.
Modern women dont wear it,so its more religious.

Turkey is not comparable to Western countries when it comes to religious freedom. If you ask an Aussie, American, Dutch or etc they'll give you a simple answer; our religion.

Headscarves are not an arab thing.My grandmothers wear headscarves since i've known them and so do other women in my country,especially the elderly,as per traditions.
actually thats how I identify romanians here .. head scarves and black skirt... irrespective of their age. :)

I am not against women wearing headscarves btw, or Burqa. I want them to have a choice in the matter.

I would not wear a burqa if I were a women...i do not like it....but I agree with you...its their choice!

This is really amazing - a modern islamic state is emerging - watchout CIA will do all it could to undermine it now that Turkey has started brow beating Israel

Back
Top Bottom