What's new

Tracking jf-17 information post Zuhai air show

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some info about JF-17s DSI Intakes: Dated (7-7-2005)

Reference URL: J-10 to get DSI intakes ?, page 1

It is widely speculated that Israel transferred DSI intake tech from the F-35 to China prompting the US to suspend Israel from the F-35 programme.

The same DSI tech may also find its way into the FC-1.

Will someone who is acquainted with the language in the image give me a translation of what's in there ?

Here is another pic of technicians looking into the J-10's intakes. (Looks a little stupid)

j10dsiintake14mo.jpg

Can somebody elaborate is the bulge reflect air-intake the only feature of DSI-Intakes? I mean what is sooo special about it that other countries could not think about it and Americans did and Israel had to help China to learn it???

arghhhhh man with a similar name !
wrong time, I am in a huge hurry, but i will write about this when I am back.

Just know, see the nostrils of an eagle, u will notice a little finger like thingie protruding out of it,
it is there to make sure the eagle can breath even when flying fast.

Same concept, beautifully used in Mig 21 also.

I will come back and write about it.

With such upgrade which are mentioned in the thread.

i think Jf-17 will be no more less then f-16 and Gripen

and except this capony!

f-22-raptor-amber-cockpit1.jpg

I know, I will be regarded as stupid but idea is worth trying!

:cheers:

Hi,

This a gold plated glass---makes it look beautiful doesn't it---well it serves another purpose---the gold plating doesnot let the glass heat up much---so minimal heat reflecting signature----that is what the purpose is---.

If some older members might remember the older air conditioned coaches in pakistani trains---or trains all over europe----the sealed window pane glass were gold plated to keep the heat out.

Hi Mr. MK, it might also have to do something with cutting down the radar signature. I read a book on the development of the F-117 Nighthawk (called Skunk Works). In that book, it mentioned that one of the biggest radar blips was caused by the pilots head/helmet, and that special glass had to be developed to trap radar signals and not cause them to be reflected out. Take care.

Hi,

This a gold plated glass---makes it look beautiful doesn't it---well it serves another purpose---the gold plating doesnot let the glass heat up much---so minimal heat reflecting signature----that is what the purpose is---.

Hi Munir,

I guess you visit us at times---I didnot go into the detail---because of time restraint at that time---but I did mention something about a minimal signature---an extended discussion can take the topic a little further.

Ang,

See those words---minimal---signature---when talking about warbirds---it means in relation to the radar---I guess i was taking it for granted---and for you too Munir---. Thanks.

Glad to see these program details and my heart rocks to see the Thunder getting mature.:victory::sniper::pakistan::china:
But I am amazed that there is no indian posters in this thread. Positive criticism is always wellcome...

Glad to see these program details and my heart rocks to see the Thunder getting mature.:victory::sniper::pakistan::china:
But I am amazed that there is no indian posters in this thread. Positive criticism is always wellcome...

:rofl::rofl: indian and positive criticism on Pakistani fighter
my friend which planet you live???

:pakistan::pakistan:

we already have ordered 500 AMRAMs and that is quite a huge number so i don't think there would be any need of more orders for AMRAMs in any case

And yes according to an high official where he mentioned that "within few year from now block 52+ will not be the most advanced fighters in PAF inventory .

for confirmation you can check out this thread "Question and answers from high official " in military aviation thread

Yes I remember: 500 AMRAMs 200 Sidewinders etc. I think (and hope) this would be the last and we shall buy no more such stuff from west.

Hi Munir,

I guess you visit us at times---I didnot go into the detail---because of time restraint at that time---but I did mention something about a minimal signature---an extended discussion can take the topic a little further.

As I know you have read Sir Munir's reply to your post but for other forum members I am posting it here!

Well... He know talks about goldplated F22 canopy for the purpose to reduce inside temperature. Passionate... Surely, but I think a little research would give him the real purpose...

>>>Have Glass is the code name for a series of RCS reduction measures for the F-16 fighter. Its primary aspect is the addition of an indium-tin-oxide layer to the gold tinted cockpit canopy. This is reflective to radar frequencies, while it may seem odd, adding a radar reflective coating actually reduces the plane's visibility to radar. An ordinary canopy would let radar signals straight through where they would strike the many edges and corners inside and bounce back strongly to the source, the reflective layer dissipates these signals instead. Overall, Have Glass reduces an F-16's RCS (radar-cross section) by some 15 percent.

Logic tells me... Here you are on top notch expensive fighterjet. Last thing you want is that they optically spot you form far... So if that goldplate canopy only reduced inside temperature then I would skip it. In reality it reduced RCS... I love passionate people. But I really like facts.

So in other words they are saying 'NO' for this idea to be tested on JFT :undecided:

@Sir Munir: You are invited to have a good discussion here too! Please :oops:
It will be honor for us to have you here!

my stomach is already burning:D

Congratulations with jealous:toast_sign:

Masta Khan: Sorry I cannot reply on the forum cause it is a pity to be threatened and banned while hoping to contribute.
Last edited by Munir; 12-01-2010 at 07:50 AM.

Hi,

Well--I guess you would read this as well---yes it is a tragedy that there are censorships and banning when sometimes the managers don't understand the significance.

The same is true for me on the other board where you are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom