What's new

Tracking jf-17 information post Zuhai air show

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mentioned by different sources and articles that the number can easily go upto 150 with in house manufacturing facility can also be obtained

Would love to see that.

Now this means that F-16 shall become middle line special purpose aircraft with JFT at the bottom and J-10 at the top? Which also mean that we might not exercise the option of buying more F-16s.

And with SD-10 going good, we might not buy more AMRAMs.

Moreover, 250 JFT, 70-80 F-16s 150 J-10s. This looks pretty cute.

The misconception about j-10b being less agile than JFT is new to me. Last i checked even j-10a defeated SUs in agility and things only got better in B variant. I do believe JFT holds upper hand at low speed agility since this is where it simply excels.

The misconception about j-10b being less agile than JFT is new to me. Last i checked even j-10a defeated SUs in agility and things only got better in B variant. I do believe JFT holds upper hand at low speed agility since this is where it simply excels.

That's true... and since you know now that JFT is more agile than why go for J-10B while BVR and AESA is available for JFT also.

As i said i'm considering the cost of new platform! vs. return?
1- more range
2- more pay load

while, JFT blk-2 exceeds in rest all.

That's true... and since you know now that JFT is more agile than why go for J-10B while BVR and AESA is available for JFT also.

As i said i'm considering the cost of new platform! vs. return?
1- more range
2- more pay load

while, JFT blk-2 exceeds in rest all.

JFT more agile at LOW SPEED than j-10, j-10 excels at HIGH SPEED thanks to full IRON BIRD FBW with no hydraulic backup and canard config bro :)

Great info by Hannan and Sir Munir, also good to see confirmation of some tits bits that i heard some months ago :)

Nice to know that our Pak friend lives in Nanjing! That is where I was from originally as well! Does he attend Nanjing's aeronautics and space university?

Would love to see that.

Now this means that F-16 shall become middle line special purpose aircraft with JFT at the bottom and J-10 at the top? Which also mean that we might not exercise the option of buying more F-16s.

And with SD-10 going good, we might not buy more AMRAMs.

Moreover, 250 JFT, 70-80 F-16s 150 J-10s. This looks pretty cute.

we already have ordered 500 AMRAMs and that is quite a huge number so i don't think there would be any need of more orders for AMRAMs in any case

And yes according to an high official where he mentioned that "within few year from now block 52+ will not be the most advanced fighters in PAF inventory .

for confirmation you can check out this thread "Question and answers from high official " in military aviation thread

Nice to know that our Pak friend lives in Nanjing! That is where I was from originally as well! Does he attend Nanjing's aeronautics and space university?

A friend of mine is travelling to Shanghai... in few weeks.
Any advice/hints?

All of my hopes are being fulfilled in the Block 2 except the fixed IFR. Thats a bad choice !

and except this capony!

f-22-raptor-amber-cockpit1.jpg

I know, I will be regarded as stupid but idea is worth trying!

:cheers:

A friend of mine is travelling to Shanghai... in few weeks.
Any advice/hints?

Learn how to eat with chopsticks?

Once in Guangzhou i was given a full bowl of Beef soup with chop sticks,and i didnt have a clue how to have soup with chopsticks...

JFT is a true multi role.
IFR increase its range while without IFR it has ferry range of 3000km.
without convincing reasons i can't favor spending $36 million/piece on J-10B.

a 4.5gen fighter for 36 mill is cheap! an opportunity not to be missed!

J-10B/FC-20 is likely surpass F-16 block 52+ in almost all aspects.

This Jet will have AESA, DSI, SD-10B, IRST, a newer EW/ECM suite!
It already had the range, payload, thrust and impressive maneuverability!

May even come with ToT!!!

Some info about JF-17s DSI Intakes: Dated (7-7-2005)

Reference URL: J-10 to get DSI intakes ?, page 1

It is widely speculated that Israel transferred DSI intake tech from the F-35 to China prompting the US to suspend Israel from the F-35 programme.

The same DSI tech may also find its way into the FC-1.

Will someone who is acquainted with the language in the image give me a translation of what's in there ?

Here is another pic of technicians looking into the J-10's intakes. (Looks a little stupid)

j10dsiintake14mo.jpg

Can somebody elaborate is the bulge reflect air-intake the only feature of DSI-Intakes? I mean what is sooo special about it that other countries could not think about it and Americans did and Israel had to help China to learn it???

DSI offer better performance at high-speeds as it limits the air-intake to allow the engine to burn fuel in a more efficient manner (fuel-to-air ratio remains ideal). Contrary to what the name might suggest, the bulge's actual purpose is to DIVERT air, or restrict it. Google for more info. Without the DSI, you need other methods of restricting air (hence the term "divertless"). It also has some slight stealth advantages as the engine's compressor-blades are not completely visible at any speed (reduced radar signature). On the other hand, DSI's tend to limit the thrust at low speeds (restricted air-intake), which is why many in the past thought it wasn't a great idea.

DSI offer better performance at high-speeds as it limits the air-intake to allow the engine to burn fuel in a more efficient manner (fuel-to-air ratio remains ideal). Contrary to what the name might suggest, the bulge's actual purpose is to DIVERT air, or restrict it. Google for more info. Without the DSI, you need other methods of restricting air (hence the term "divertless"). It also has some slight stealth advantages as the engine's compressor-blades are not completely visible at any speed (reduced radar signature). On the other hand, DSI's tend to limit the thrust at low speeds (restricted air-intake), which is why many in the past thought it wasn't a great idea.

When air is passed over a surface a boundary layer is formed. In case of engines we do not want this air going into the engine hence some space is always left between the aircraft body and the intake. Dsi's have something to do with pressure recoveries i kinda forgot that part. The bulge is there only to produce a shock so that supersonic air gets subsonic while entering into the engine. Now how to get the boundary layer out of the engine?? suck it in...thats why there are holes in the bulge. But you have to pay a weight penalty for putting in the suction mechanism.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom