What's new

Top Torrent Sites and Richard Dawkins Blocked in Pakistan

If I take some thing from your home you do not have it anymore......In the internet that is not true......I am not taking away a product from you I am cloning a clone of a clone of a clone of your product......Conventional law does not apply here.....You cannot steal knowledge!If you gave all the knowledge that you have you'd still have it!

Dude, be quiet. You know nothing.

Laws say an artist gets some amount of money everytime his track is played on the radio, TV etc...that's why all the stations send their playlists into their national version of artist protection agency so it gets calculated how much they have to pay.

You stole the right to listen and your little excuses about copying a clone of a clone are irelevant.

Let me help you get out of this mess-

Use hotspot shield to open blocked site- search and download the torrent file which is usually in kilobites-
Disconnect hotspot and use your ptcl connection using torrent software to download the rest of the file-

Also, ensure that all incoming connections are encrypted in your torrent client.

If someone patents a technique for making clean water out of anything and then decides not to sell it or asks an exorbitant price. Would you be ok with kids in your country and other places dying of thirst when you know this thing can solve your problem?

Or better yet, if someone buys massive acres of farmland and then ruins it.. is that fair or is the law the allows him to keep something that could benefit all humanity fair?

If i create something and sell it at a price (any price exorbitant or not) what rights do you think you have over it? Even if your children are dying, what rights do they have over my rights for a proper living which i make by selling the said item?

or, if i ruin my farmland, who are you to talk to me about my stuff? Buy your own land, do with it what you want.

Have you ever worked for a living? I mean worked with your own head, not doing stuff on orders from superiors???????
I'm sorry, this may sound harsh, but when you start working with stuff you created out of your head, to which IP applies and you ar living off it, then maybe you can talk, but up until then your logical fallacies are just a piss poor attempt of justifying theft.

Needless to say they are epicly bad examples, tailored specifically to make people agree with your "common" sense of justifying theft.
IE.....if someone creates a device to make clean water, he would not be selling at exorbitant prices because he would be cutting himself away from profit, high prices means only developed world could afford, but we already have water so the device wouldn't sell. He would be forced to price it down.

Second example-who'd buy masses of land and pay loads of money for it, if it will all be ruined. Noone.

I think that enough of this blockade and censorship.If you have so much complains with other websites,then why not launch of your OWN,IN ORDER TO END THIS DEPENDENCY FOR ONCE AND FOR ALL??

how does it apply to blocking torrent sites... :cheesy:

hahahahaha....I am talking of Websites like youtube,because a poster just said that it was useful for Videos like Virtual University etc..
Where as torrent sites are concerned,it is good that they are banned,as they are mainly misused for transference of pirated,illegal content,so blockade of torrent sites will help in control of piracy some how.:chilli:

does pemra allow tv channels like mtv,fox america plus etc where we can watch these new tv series? I think only axn and star world are allowed for foreign tv series and there is a ban on foreign music mtv/channelV -- hell even discovery channel is mostly in urdu

does pemra allow tv channels like mtv,fox america plus etc where we can watch these new tv series? I think only axn and star world are allowed for foreign tv series and there is a ban on foreign music mtv/channelV -- hell even discovery channel is mostly in urdu

PEMRA has gone to the dogs, seriously. They ban ads on contraceptives, but then they let rubbish songs be on air, which are practically soft ****.

I hated the dubbed stuff as well.. the humor never translates properly ..

Have you ever worked for a living? I mean worked with your own head, not doing stuff on orders from superiors???????
I'm sorry, this may sound harsh, but when you start working with stuff you created out of your head, to which IP applies and you ar living off it, then maybe you can talk, but up until then your logical fallacies are just a piss poor attempt of justifying theft.

Fortunately for me. I have. Even further, I worked in programming software so I am even more aware of it. Except that unlike you who would keep your IP to yourself to make a profit at the expense of other human beings, I would rather let other people use my stuff for free as long as the IP exists. An IP does not automatically translate to profit, which is all you seem to be focused on instead of the idea of being credited. Yeah, I would feel pissed off if my work on voice compression would be copied and passed off as someone else's..but I would have no problems if someone takes it further develops it and makes a profit out of it because as long as my name is there.. I could not care less if a profit is made out of it or not.. since that is not my character to worship money instead of achievement.

Your main itch with the argument seems to be losing profits without realizing that hoarding is not profit. If you worship money and profit so much that the very idea of losing it causes you nightmares, then it is your character flaw and not mine to understand that there are places and people in the world where IP theft is a reality regardless of whatever can be done.And there are particular inventions and creations that will be stolen or used if people are desperate enough for it or if it suits the common good. So instead of whining about losing profits, i'd rather look to making something unique where the people who pay for it , do pay for it.

Back
Top Bottom