What's new

Top Torrent Sites and Richard Dawkins Blocked in Pakistan

however If I craete software(music/video/book) spending enermous amount of time, I should get benefit.

Here's the problem:

Access.

People want your software but they do not possess the resources or the reach to get to it
How many systems that run Windows in the subcontinent use a genuine version? 10%?

If they could not, then should the PC's of a school in Madhya Pradesh be devoid of an OS because they cant afford windows or they cant get their hands on a copy?

If someone patents a technique for making clean water out of anything and then decides not to sell it or asks an exorbitant price. Would you be ok with kids in your country and other places dying of thirst when you know this thing can solve your problem?

Or better yet, if someone buys massive acres of farmland and then ruins it.. is that fair or is the law the allows him to keep something that could benefit all humanity fair?

I agree with the issues on entertainment and games.. after all.. those people have families and work for it as well. But what about the rest of the world?
It simply comes down to a balance of what and where you can enforce laws. Just as you have different tax brackets , you have different areas where different laws may be enforced. Where it is possible to enforce piracy laws like the US and western countries.. then it should be done. Where it is technically impossible, then the best solution is either to sell a light version of the software enmasse(but with lots of locks and loopholes) and weigh on the economy of scale to make a revenue.

Here's the problem:

Access.

People want your software but they do not possess the resources or the reach to get to it
How many systems that run Windows in the subcontinent use a genuine version? 10%?

If they could not, then should the PC's of a school in Madhya Pradesh be devoid of an OS because they cant afford windows or they cant get their hands on a copy?

If someone patents a technique for making clean water out of anything and then decides not to sell it or asks an exorbitant price. Would you be ok with kids in your country and other places dying of thirst when you know this thing can solve your problem?

Or better yet, if someone buys massive acres of farmland and then ruins it.. is that fair or is the law the allows him to keep something that could benefit all humanity fair?

I agree with the issues on entertainment and games.. after all.. those people have families and work for it as well. But what about the rest of the world?
It simply comes down to a balance of what and where you can enforce laws. Just as you have different tax brackets , you have different areas where different laws may be enforced. Where it is possible to enforce piracy laws like the US and western countries.. then it should be done. Where it is technically impossible, then the best solution is either to sell a light version of the software enmasse(but with lots of locks and loopholes) and weigh on the economy of scale to make a revenue.

countries India are open to violate IP laws to give benefit to poor (like for cheap cancer/aids drugs) but we should be very careful that its minimal and with less consequence.
With open and free software available, you have much less reason to copy useful software. I have yet to see any prosecution of a commercial software in India(for individual), but if you are a profit making company using it, am sure MS will be much more unhappy.
The most pirated software are music and videos and games (I use software in broad sense that can be digitally copied and transmitted ) I dont see any case of greater public good in stealing it.

Good , block all these rascals and while you are at it Pakistan, for heaven sake kick out all Foreign NGO's from Pakistan.

These organizations are nothing but a nest of Spies destroying Pakistan.

This is the new way CIA and Mossad operates so wake up.

May be you could out source the download jobs to us. :D

Dawkins never claimed he is expert theologist in islam, his criticism is based on what he hears on news. I guess he will do the same with african tribal religion or hinduism. His rants are usually directed at christians because thats what he is familier with.

If you say all muslims agree with science about evolution he is not going to pick upon you and show that you dont in verse xyz. Death for apostacy and muhammed's slicing the moon on winged horse hurts one's brain hence he specifically picked on it.

He never claimed he created the ideas he is propagating. The difference is he is not into 'mild' criticism like most intellectuals do, he comes all guns blazing.. lolz

Dude I don't give a horse's arse about what hurts his brains or not ! My sole contention was that the quality of his arguments & hence the ensuing discourse pales in comparison to the arguments put forth by some of the more brilliant atheists out there. Even Sagan used to make much better arguments & the guy wasn't a philosopher.

Dude I don't give a horse's arse about what hurts his brains or not ! My sole contention was that the quality of his arguments & hence the ensuing discourse pales in comparison to the arguments put forth by some of the more brilliant atheists out there. Even Sagan used to make much better arguments & the guy wasn't a philosopher.

Yaara he is not interested in presenting an argument as such. His simple wish is to ridicule anyone who will allow myths and superstition to take precedence over scientific facts which aren't just theoretical anymore but peer reviewed and the basis of tangible applications and tech. He isn't preaching and Sagan was probably god himself- if there is a god. Lets not compare people to the great one. Listen if someone tells me that Ram rajya lasted for 10,000 years under his direct rule and that that's a fact and must be taught as a historical fact in schools contrary to every sense then I would react just like Dawkins- you forget that his primary targets are bible thumpers who want to ban the teaching of evolution- funnily enough there are quite a few scientists and professionals who want to do the same due to their atavistic and fundamentalist leanings (read politics). That's all there is to it- he wants people to stop screaming about intelligent design, Adam and Eve and the Earth being 5000 years old AND dinosaur fossils being a test of faith left around in rock so that man may dig them up. At that point it becomes mind numbing, the same applies for gooks over here who won't break wind without checking up on the grahas and vastu. I know there are quite a few people here as well who despite being students of the sciences ridicule evolution due to their religious leanings and head firmly tucked underneath the sand syndrome but come on man- primarily his grouse has been against the more shocking displays of religious fundamentalism- be it Christianity, Hinduism, Buddhism, Islam.

We are moving towards becoming a police state. Wahhh raaah Jhumariat.
If these @$$holes really want to ban something, start by banning GEO which has causes embarrassment to Pakistan and its institutions on numerous occasions.

Are Torrent Websites Blocked in Pakistan? For Time Being, Yes!
Are Torrent Websites Blocked in Pakistan? For Time Being, Yes!
While we are not sure about the fate of ********’ websites in Pakistan, it is clear that top torrent websites are snipping in and out during past 25 hours here in this country.

Right now all top torrent websites are inaccessible in Pakistan. However, there are some torrent websites which are still accessible, hinting that the blockade is manual and not automatic.

As reported by over a dozen users in last 24 hours, Torrent websites were reportedly blocked last evening but were re-opened late night. ISPs, including PTCL didn’t clarify on the issue.

Apparently, same has happened today again. Just moments ago access to all torrent websites was blocked in all major cities of Pakistan.

It is interesting to note that P2P connections are running smoothly, its just the torrent websites that are inaccessible.

It maybe recalled that PTCL had capped P2P connections earlier in March this year. Which were later restored by saying that company had to limit the bandwidth usage during submarine cable outage.

PTCL, on its official twitter account, confirmed that Torrent websites are blocked but hinted that they might get reopened. Company said that there are some issues which are being worked out. PTCL didn’t detail the issues.
---
Pakistan Telecommunication Authority have also blocked the Skype Calls in Pakistan for Broadband and Evo users.

2ykgw9i.jpg

So are the downloads running well?

@ANTIBODY, you sure?

Richard Dawkins official website and ********* both are visible to me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom