What's new

Time to talk to Israel

Should Pakistan rethink it's strategy regarding ISRAEL ???

• NO, We are on course.

• YES,Course correction needed

Results are only viewable after voting.
Hi,

Recognition by Pakistan is the most important item on the list of Israel.

Any recent statements to this effect Sir? I know what you have said is perfectly logical and was indeed the case some years back.

Hi,

The Palestinians made their decision when they walked out of Camp David----. Arafat---in his arrogance and deceit---did more damage to the cause of Palestine that day---than could have been done otherwise---.

The Palestinians are suffering the blunders and deceits of their great leader. Pakistan has no dog in this fight---. If the palestnians cannot make better decisions for themselves----we are a nobody.

Any recent statements to this effect Sir? I know what you have said is perfectly logical and was indeed the case some years back.

Hi,

There are no statements---but it is understood what the value would be like.

We need not boost unnecessary hostility against Israel. The Arabs and Iranis do what really suits to their interests. Why can't we do what really suits to our national interests? Are we permanently obliged to float with our sentiments for the Palestinians or Arabs? The UAE govt. was more supportive to the Hindu residents compared to the Muslim residents at the time of the demolition of Babri Masjid.

There is no harm in negotiating our terms with Israel. We must do what really suits the best to our national interests.
This article is totally unnecessary and at the wrong time. First, nobody is raising any hostility towards israel in Pakistan. It is just we do not recognise this illegal occupation and this is based on principals and not to appease any arab or gulf countries as they are more supportive of israel than Palestinians right now. This has been the case for many decades but there has not been any direct conflict between the two countries either. What we need is to activate our diplomatic machinery raise awareness about our issues with islamic and friendly countries to get their support and show the evil nature of enemy (india).

Hi,

The Palestinians made their decision when they walked out of Camp David----. Arafat---in his arrogance and deceit---did more damage to the cause of Palestine that day---than could have been done otherwise---.

The Palestinians are suffering the blunders and deceits of their great leader. Pakistan has no dog in this fight---. If the palestnians cannot make better decisions for themselves----we are a nobody.

Hi,

There are no statements---but it is understood what the value would be like.

Anyway Israelis would Jump at this chance, they are desperate for friends and this rapprochement would be a huge win for Netanyahu

I agree, we are gaining nothing from this point, we are not helping our Palestinian brothers from this point, there is nothing wrong in recognizing Israel, that way we can negotiate with them too, exert pressure. How can anyone expect solution to a problem if we do not address the other party.

My point exactly, by ignoring what have we gained so far, nothing. We need to start solving the problem, not let it drift and expect it to solve itself.
My opinion

How else are we to help our Palestinian brothers in need? if not by talking to Israel. This is the only way to help the Palestinian cause.
But the problem having relations with israel is that israel will demand alot and will turn its back and bite us
Look how can a foreign country like israel receive billions of dollars yearly from the U.S while the U.S itself is unable to support its own people i mean look at Detroit.How is it even possible?But we can definitely negotiate with israel through turkey as turkey knows well of how to confront israel.
Please keep me updated ☺

But the problem having relations with israel is that israel will demand alot and will turn its back and bite us
Look how can a foreign country like israel receive billions of dollars yearly from the U.S while the U.S itself is unable to support its own people i mean look at Detroit.How is it even possible?But we can definitely negotiate with israel through turkey as turkey knows well of how to confront israel.
Please keep me updated ☺
Your logic may be correct. Should we cut our diplomatic relations with Bharat because of similar apprehensions ?

It won't happen because the GCC nations won't like it. Simple.

Even though Jordan, Turkey and Egypt went their way and were/are successful to some extent, it is not the same for us. Israel for them is a stones throw away, not the same for us.

What can happen is that Pakistan gradually gets more liberal GCC nations on board....like Qatar, UAE, add Bahrain and Oman....and they together negotiate a diplomatic stance.

It won't happen because the GCC nations won't like it. Simple.

Even though Jordan, Turkey and Egypt went their way and were/are successful to some extent, it is not the same for us. Israel for them is a stones throw away, not the same for us.

What can happen is that Pakistan gradually gets more liberal GCC nations on board....like Qatar, UAE, add Bahrain and Oman....and they together negotiate a diplomatic stance.

Agreed.

Talking to Israel and recognizing it are two different things. Most Pakistanis confuse the two.

Qatar already estabilished formal relations with Israel, falling short of full recognition.

Definitely, we shall be dealing with Israel on equal bilateral terms. There is going to be no submission.

That policy is set up by Quaid e Azam. No reconsideration will be done.

Accepting Israel doesn’t means we will join their alliance against Palestine.

Yes there are many foes pretending to be friends. We need to differentiate between right and wrong.
Our political leadership is not strong in dealing on tables.

I understand the logic of Israeli friendship for Pakistan.

They are a elite military power
india close military ally
Israeli cutting edge weapons are in indian ships missles radars etc.
Israel has political voice in Washington

BUT other than trying to win their friendship you will gain very little leverage over them and their interlocked military and strategic alliance with india.

in other words you will not get much out of them

Pakistan will talk to Israel the moment Israel gets rid of all the jews and become secular like KSA

Back
Top Bottom