What's new

Time for Pak to Mend Relationship With US: Khar

NATO supply issue linked with 48 countries, not just US: Gilani

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan’s relationship with 48 countries serving in the North Atlantic Treaty Organisation (Nato) cannot be put on stake just because of the US, said Prime Minister Yousaf Raza Gilani on Monday.
While indicating a possible shift in the policy towards Nato supply routes, Gilani said, “this is not a matter of one country, the issue of Nato supply is linked with 48 countries.”
The prime minister was speaking to the media after addressing a visiting 100-member youth delegation from China at the Prime Minister House.
Gilani was of the view that “talks between Pakistan and the US are going on regarding the resumption of Nato supplies in the light of parliament’s recommendations, but ties with Nato-Isaf and the US should be settled through dialogue on an undeviating basis.”
Gilani voiced that Pakistan desires good relations with the entire international community including its neighbouring countries.
The prime minister’s statement endorsed the given earlier by Foreign Minister Hina Rabbani Khar.
Khar was the first official from Pakistan who hinted towards a green signal to reopen the Nato supply route five months after its closure, saying Pakistan would be the one to suffer more if the supplies remain suspended for an indefinite time span.
Last week, Secretary General Nato Andres Fogh Rasmussen had opined that Pakistan should restore the supply route and he also declared that Pakistan had not been listed among the countries invited to attend the Chicago Summit.
Pakistan had closed down supply routes for the Nato forces in Afghanistan after a fatal attack on a bordering check post of the Pakistan army in Mohmand on November 26. The attack had left at least 24 Pakistani soldiers dead.
Earlier during the day, Gilani apprised President Asif Ali Zardari on his UK visit, in which the president lauded the premier’s efforts of getting a positive outcome of the visit.
The president articulated his sheer confidence that Gilani’s visit will further strengthen the bilateral relations between Pakistan and the United Kingdom.
The two leaders also discussed the impending restoration of Nato supply routes and also discussed the overall political situation in the country.

NATO supply issue linked with 48 countries, not just US: Gilani

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan’s relationship with 48 countries serving in the North Atlantic Treaty Organisation (Nato) cannot be put on stake just because of the US, said Prime Minister Yousaf Raza Gilani on Monday.
While indicating a possible shift in the policy towards Nato supply routes, Gilani said, “this is not a matter of one country, the issue of Nato supply is linked with 48 countries.”
The prime minister was speaking to the media after addressing a visiting 100-member youth delegation from China at the Prime Minister House.
Gilani was of the view that “talks between Pakistan and the US are going on regarding the resumption of Nato supplies in the light of parliament’s recommendations, but ties with Nato-Isaf and the US should be settled through dialogue on an undeviating basis.”
Gilani voiced that Pakistan desires good relations with the entire international community including its neighbouring countries.
The prime minister’s statement endorsed the given earlier by Foreign Minister Hina Rabbani Khar.
Khar was the first official from Pakistan who hinted towards a green signal to reopen the Nato supply route five months after its closure, saying Pakistan would be the one to suffer more if the supplies remain suspended for an indefinite time span.
Last week, Secretary General Nato Andres Fogh Rasmussen had opined that Pakistan should restore the supply route and he also declared that Pakistan had not been listed among the countries invited to attend the Chicago Summit.
Pakistan had closed down supply routes for the Nato forces in Afghanistan after a fatal attack on a bordering check post of the Pakistan army in Mohmand on November 26. The attack had left at least 24 Pakistani soldiers dead.
Earlier during the day, Gilani apprised President Asif Ali Zardari on his UK visit, in which the president lauded the premier’s efforts of getting a positive outcome of the visit.
The president articulated his sheer confidence that Gilani’s visit will further strengthen the bilateral relations between Pakistan and the United Kingdom.
The two leaders also discussed the impending restoration of Nato supply routes and also discussed the overall political situation in the country.

they havent consumed dollars for 5 months so they are feeling sick now....once the supplys resume and they consume dollars that they receive in consideration for allowing licenses to kill to americans and nato....they will start feeling better....

Sadly sometimes soldiers give their lives so that the country can survive and prosper.

Salala checkpost incident was wrong in fact terrible indeed. However the armchair warriors in Pakistan want to use this incident to bring out their hate against USA (and very little love for the martyred soldiers).

In many instances in the past larger number of Pak soldiers or more precious equipment was lost but our armchair warriors settled down like the foam on urine.

Salala was a classic case of miscommunication. One reason this miscommunication happened because there was no US/NATO officer to take part in the communication with NATO soldiers on the other side.

We in Pakistan must improve our communication by having joint centers at the field level.

This is the only to avoid similar sad incidents in future. Closing down the NATO supply routes is not the answer.

peace,

Sadly sometimes soldiers give their lives so that the country can survive and prosper.

Salala checkpost incident was wrong in fact terrible indeed. However the armchair warriors in Pakistan want to use this incident to bring out their hate against USA (and very little love for the martyred soldiers).

In many instances in the past larger number of Pak soldiers or more precious equipment was lost but our armchair warriors settled down like the foam on urine.

Salala was a classic case of miscommunication. One reason this miscommunication happened because there was no US/NATO officer to take part in the communication with NATO soldiers on the other side.

We in Pakistan must improve our communication by having joint centers at the field level.

This is the only to avoid similar sad incidents in future. Closing down the NATO supply routes is not the answer.

peace,

it wasnt mis-communication....nato/american helicopters have all sorts of cameras and they can clearly see the uniforms and flags from miles away.....plus it was not just one bomb dropped by mistake...the shooting continued for 2 hours....and PAF dident responded allowing the massacre to continue....later on the ex-air chief who was running PAF at that time is made PIA chief upon his retirement as bonus for his services rendered during salala and abbottabad raid.....it was like a message to others that anyone who serves the interests of america never retires.

it wasnt mis-communication....nato/american helicopters have all sorts of cameras and they can clearly see the uniforms and flags from miles away.....plus it was not just one bomb dropped by mistake...the shooting continued for 2 hours....and PAF dident responded allowing the massacre to continue....later on the ex-air chief who was running PAF at that time is made PIA chief upon his retirement as bonus for his services rendered during salala and abbottabad raid.....it was like a message to others that anyone who serves the interests of america never retires.

Ok So are trying to support your version as:

1. Your version of the story about Army is trying to prove it was doing good
2. Your version of the story about Air force is trying to prove it did bad stuff

What is it? Are you trying to make one wing of Pakistan military fight against the other?

Is this you do using false flags spreading intra-military hatred? You sure look like doing Talibob's job.

Shame on you.

Ok So are trying to support your version as:

1. Your version of the story about Army is trying to prove it was doing good
2. Your version of the story about Air force is trying to prove it did bad stuff

What is it? Are you trying to make one wing of Pakistan military fight against the other?

Is this you do using false flags spreading intra-military hatred? You sure look like doing Talibob's job.

Shame on you.

no son...i am just saying that miltary is supposed to safe-guard the lives of civilians......they are not supposed to safe-guard the lives of foreigners by waging war in ones own country.

no son...i am just saying that miltary is supposed to safe-guard the lives of civilians......they are not supposed to safe-guard the lives of foreigners by waging war in ones own country.

"supposed to" yes Military is supposed to this, and supposed to that.

In Pakistan these days every paan walah and every cigareete shop keeper says "make me PM and I'll fix every thing", put me in "Kyani's seat" and I'll show the world how Pakistani army is "supposed to" fight.

hahahaha.

your comments my dear are no different from the paan waalah and Khuwancha farosh.

You think Air force command is a doofus, Kiyani doesn't know how to run the army, and you my dear Sir know it all.

Very good berry beerry good.

peace to you brother, peace to you.

"supposed to" yes Military is supposed to this, and supposed to that.

In Pakistan these days every paan walah and every cigareete shop keeper says "make me PM and I'll fix every thing", put me in "Kyani's seat" and I'll show the world how Pakistani army is "supposed to" fight.

hahahaha.

your comments my dear are no different from the paan waalah and Khuwancha farosh.

You think Air force command is a doofus, Kiyani doesn't know how to run the army, and you my dear Sir know it all.

Very good berry beerry good.

peace to you brother, peace to you.

Hehehe... nice analysis..:laugh:

Now count "burn trucks" the day when NATO supply re-open ....

And you and other like you have huge and immense love for those soldiers that's why you have no issues with resumption of supplies even when your god has refused to apologize for the death of those soldiers.

its funny here is a member who change his stance like i change my underwear.first he said pakistan cannot hold nato supplies not more than 10 days than he said not more than one month after he said not more than 2 months ..such cheap person he is lolx

its funny here is a member who change his stance like i change my underwear.first he said pakistan cannot hold nato supplies not more than 10 days than he said not more than one month after he said not more than 2 months ..such cheap person he is lolx

Just ignore the honorary WASP.

public sentiment is very strong right now....Khar is probably just trying to tone and calm nerves on both sides

i dont see the supply routes opening if the parliamentary review parameters are ignored by the NATOs

me personally, i think they should remain shut until an apology is given formally and until a new tax mechanism is formally put into place on these containers - which are clogging our ports and causing added pollution and traffic congestion along the highways.

we know how desperate and how much sleep these guys have lost over the NATO closure, the writing is on the wall.....

There's a funny rumour that Iran might allow access through it's port.

It was absolutely necessary for Pakistan to strongly protest but a lot of time has passed, this has to pay some dividends and I don't see any.

Eventually you need to think about this rationally.

If it's true that NATO are leaving soon they they need the Pakistan route, so it's in pakistans interest to facilitate this.

Won't it be stupid if it turns out Pakistan is the biggest obstacle to letting NATO leave?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom