What's new

Time for a fresh start - Rename Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
This title of "Islamic republic of Pakistan" is too harsh on the tongue. How many stans exist? Too many. Its too common. Need to become unique. Pakistan needs to be re imagined, reconstructed to be fit for the modern world.

Rename it.

I propose Indus.

It ties in with the cultural, historical and geographical heritage and separates it from all the stans especially Afghanistan. Its time to delink and and create a new identity.

Kazakhstan crying about Stan make sense because they are paying the price of terrorists from Stans aka Pak-Afghan.

This title of "Islamic republic of Pakistan" is too harsh on the tongue. How many stans exist? Too many. Its too common. Need to become unique. Pakistan needs to be re imagined, reconstructed to be fit for the modern world.

Rename it.

I propose Indus.

It ties in with the cultural, historical and geographical heritage and separates it from all the stans especially Afghanistan. Its time to delink and and create a new identity.
I mean no offence.....but this is the stupidest idea ever.

There is no power on earth which can change the name of pakistan though i believe it should be more modern.
It should be "Peoples republic of Pakistan" .The constitution of 1956 should be abolished.

Hi,

You are correct---. Look at the name---" the land of the pure---"---and the public---most criminal and corrupt in the world---.

So---yes---the name needs to be changed--- SINDH---

In that case name change won't bring anything positive, why not work on changing the way people think and act .... instead.

In that case name change won't bring anything positive, why not work on changing the way people think and act .... instead.
Pakistan ka matlab kia ?????
???????????????????????????????

Any body knows ????

What it was said, when it was created

Rename it.

I propose Indus.

P.A.K.S.TAN is literally an acronym for all the "nations"/peoples that are from the Indus region. So it would not make sense.

Indus is also an ENGLISH word. In local languages, it is Sindh.

How about Urdu Desh. ..like Bangladesh....
Urdu is only spoken by 8% of the population as a first language. It's a foreign language to us, needed as a national language so no other local language takes priority over the other.

Please? Have you ever been to any of them. I have and it annoyed me being there. In fact I was upset. The reason was simple. Unlike Europe or America these places are right next door to us. For instance Dushanbe, Tajikistan is 500 miles from Islamabad, Tashkent, Uzbekistan is 700 miles from Islamabad and both are closer then Karachi is. The people are of Muslim stock and not too dissimiliar to us. However this is where things get shocking. Dushanbe is more like a Eastern European city then Asiatic. Orderly and compared to Pakistan clean etc. I only wish Pakistan was like that. Tajikistan by the way is smaller then K-Pk province.

Uzbekistan

CAR Capitals are like Islamabad. They are nice and clean, but in no way do they mirror the rest of the country.

I also always wonder why -stan Suffix is always lead back to Mongolian Khans(Only After Great Changes Khan) and there rule, Not Related to their Turkic Cousins.
All the khanates of Central Asia are now -stans, our own Country heavily influenced and Self Proclaimed Successor State of a Mongol Dynasty (Mughal Empire) is also names -Stan.
The word Stan even exists in slavic languages such as stan in Russian Language meaning Settlement as well as in Sanskrit -Sthan meaning Place (Janamsthan etc). Russians are heavily influenced by Mongols as far as i know Mongols Conquered Russia(Back then it was called KievanRuss) when they purged Eastern Europe and the Golden horde Legacy and its influence on Slavic Culture and Language.
As far as my opinion is concerned, I don't think we should follow Mongolian influence as they were invaders and destroyed our lands. And it doesn't have to Do with Islam, Even Temur Lang was a Muslim he Destroyed Modern day Pakistan, Nadir Shah was a Muslim he Sacked and Destroyed our lands and our forefathers. I wont associate myself with Mir Temur or Nadir shah. I would side myself with Ghyasuddin Balban (A Muslim and a Turkic Mamluk Origin) Who Defeated Mongols and Protected us at the time. Although History is not that Black and White its an interconnected web.
Its an interesting Debate, Stop being one dimensional. Not everything is Islam Vs Secular. This trend is Irritating on this forum. Islam is our religion. It is not dependent on names. Many Muslim country have historic names and RAce, Turkey, Egypt, Syria, Iran, Malaysia. Some are even named after families like Saudi Arabia. Nothing make them less Muslim then us. I am not saying we should just go ahead and change the name of Pakistan but it can be debated, its not a dead end fatwa.
And yes we should start to boost our Indus valley identity, Instead of Arab-Mongol Nexus that's simply stupid if you think with open mind. Islam is for everyone, no one race or culture is thekedar , You don't even need to Put an emphasized name of Islamic Republic or Islamic Emirate with your name to prove yourself. We are a Muslim Country no one can change our demographics nor our values. As far as i know none of you write the name Muslim with your names. Infact only countries writing Islamic Republic with their names are Afghanistan and Iran look at them how great Islamic nations they are right?. It doesn't even matter. Putting it or dropping it makes no difference how ever people like it. Don't make it an issue all the time

There is no shame in Stan to be honest.

Your country is Pakistan dont betray your founders legacy by changing the name.

I also always wonder why -stan Suffix is always lead back to Mongolian Khans(Only After Great Changes Khan) and there rule, Not Related to their Turkic Cousins.
All the khanates of Central Asia are now -stans, our own Country heavily influenced and Self Proclaimed Successor State of a Mongol Dynasty (Mughal Empire) is also names -Stan.
The word Stan even exists in slavic languages such as stan in Russian Language meaning Settlement as well as in Sanskrit -Sthan meaning Place (Janamsthan etc). Russians are heavily influenced by Mongols as far as i know Mongols Conquered Russia(Back then it was called KievanRuss) when they purged Eastern Europe and the Golden horde Legacy and its influence on Slavic Culture and Language.
As far as my opinion is concerned, I don't think we should follow Mongolian influence as they were invaders and destroyed our lands. And it doesn't have to Do with Islam, Even Temur Lang was a Muslim he Destroyed Modern day Pakistan, Nadir Shah was a Muslim he Sacked and Destroyed our lands and our forefathers. I wont associate myself with Mir Temur or Nadir shah. I would side myself with Ghyasuddin Balban (A Muslim and a Turkic Mamluk Origin) Who Defeated Mongols and Protected us at the time. Although History is not that Black and White its an interconnected web.
Its an interesting Debate, Stop being one dimensional. Not everything is Islam Vs Secular. This trend is Irritating on this forum. Islam is our religion. It is not dependent on names. Many Muslim country have historic names and RAce, Turkey, Egypt, Syria, Iran, Malaysia. Some are even named after families like Saudi Arabia. Nothing make them less Muslim then us. I am not saying we should just go ahead and change the name of Pakistan but it can be debated, its not a dead end fatwa.
And yes we should start to boost our Indus valley identity, Instead of Arab-Mongol Nexus that's simply stupid if you think with open mind. Islam is for everyone, no one race or culture is thekedar , You don't even need to Put an emphasized name of Islamic Republic or Islamic Emirate with your name to prove yourself. We are a Muslim Country no one can change our demographics nor our values. As far as i know none of you write the name Muslim with your names. Infact only countries writing Islamic Republic with their names are Afghanistan and Iran look at them how great Islamic nations they are right?. It doesn't even matter. Putting it or dropping it makes no difference how ever people like it. Don't make it an issue all the time

Great post and I agree we need to emphasise our historical roots more in culture and identity. Pakistan is still a young country and is still forming its fundamentals. Bring up a map from 1550 and look at the difference to a map from today. Its all fluid.

This is not a secular v Islam debate, too many TLP lal masjid types who are unable to debate topics without becoming aggressive and obtuse.

A lot of the things Pakistan has done to create its cultural identity is good but plenty of room for fine tuning.

apnay baap dada ka naam bhi badal lo sirf Pakistan ka naam badalne se kiya ho ga.

apni harkatain theek nai karni mulk ka naam badalne se sab theek ho jai ga...mashaAllah.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom