What's new

Time for a fresh start - Rename Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Land of the pure" is obnoxious. Nobody likes people who are full of themselves or state the obvious like "Islamic republic" blah blah yes we get it. Need to be warm and inviting to attract tourists and trade. Another reason to change.

If you hate Pakistan then leave simple, but Pakistan will not change for you.

why only change the name
change every thing like politics, economics, law and justice
change name to khilafat-e-Muhammadia
and all other things to Islamic law

Stan represent a village or town center not a country.
Pakistan can certainly change its name.
It should start from "Islamic Republic" to "Peoples Republic"
Better you get lost to your Bongadesh..

i like Indus .. excellent suggestion! all the "stans" its kazakistan , turkistan , uzbikistan , azerbaijan etc etc are loosers even regionally we are far out from them and have no connection and whats wrong with the name change all remain the same may be our country can have a fresh start for the state ! @Menace2Society great thought mate

This title of "Islamic republic of Pakistan" is too harsh on the tongue. How many stans exist? Too many. Its too common. Need to become unique. Pakistan needs to be re imagined, reconstructed to be fit for the modern world.

Rename it.

I propose Indus.

It ties in with the cultural, historical and geographical heritage and separates it from all the stans especially Afghanistan. Its time to delink and and create a new identity.
You have an inferiority complex. There is nothing wrong with Pakistan.

all the "stans" its kazakistan , turkistan , uzbikistan , azerbaijan
Please? Have you ever been to any of them. I have and it annoyed me being there. In fact I was upset. The reason was simple. Unlike Europe or America these places are right next door to us. For instance Dushanbe, Tajikistan is 500 miles from Islamabad, Tashkent, Uzbekistan is 700 miles from Islamabad and both are closer then Karachi is. The people are of Muslim stock and not too dissimiliar to us. However this is where things get shocking. Dushanbe is more like a Eastern European city then Asiatic. Orderly and compared to Pakistan clean etc. I only wish Pakistan was like that. Tajikistan by the way is smaller then K-Pk province.

Uzbekistan

Please? Have you ever been to any of them. I have and it annoyed me being there. In fact I was upset. The reason was simple. Unlike Europe or America these places are right next door to us. For instance Dushanbe, Tajikistan is 500 miles from Islamabad, Tashkent, Uzbekistan is 700 miles from Islamabad and both are closer then Karachi is. The people are of Muslim stock and not too dissimiliar to us. However this is where things get shocking. Dushanbe is more like a Eastern European city then Asiatic. Orderly and compared to Pakistan clean etc. I only wish Pakistan was like that. Tajikistan by the way is smaller then K-Pk province.

Uzbekistan

we are democratic they are super autocratic dictatorships also new dehli , tehran or kabul are comparatviely a lot more closer than any of these aliens and except religion we have nothing in common , their languages or cultures have nothing , zilch , zero to do with us .. you my friend is comparing amroods with kinoos , sorry totally illogical

we are democratic they are super autocratic dictatorships also new dehli , tehran or kabul are comparatviely a lot more closer than any of these aliens and except religion we have nothing in common
Fact. Islamabad is closer to Dushanbe then it is to Sindh. It is exactly 400 miles away. And I was not talking about democracy - the same democracy that have us Altaf Hussain, Mr 10%, Nawaz Sharif and before that we had miltary dictatorships. I was answering the charge that other 'stans' are failed. They are in far better condition then Pakistan despite being next door to us. Despite being 400 miles away Dushanbe could be in Europe. That was point. It is cleaner, tidier, better, safer, people more orderly, living better life then most of Pakistan so I have no idea why we look down on them.

Its not undoing, its giving it a unique identity.

Macedonia are renaming their country so why not.
Its not. Kazakhstan, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan, Turkmenistan, Afghanistan.

This is what the Kzakh president said about this:

Kazakh President Nursultan Nazarbayev doesn't like the name Kazakhstan.

"Kazakhstan has the 'stan' ending like many other nations of Central Asia. At the same time, foreigners take an interest in Mongolia, the population of which makes up only two million, but its name does not end in '-stan,'" he told onlookers while visiting a school in Atyrau, according to his official website. "Perhaps, eventually it is necessary to consider an issue of changing the name of our country into the 'Kazakh Nation', but first of all, it should necessarily be discussed with people." (His proposed name would be rendered as "Kazakh Eli" in English.)
So...Uncle if "OTHER people are doing it and we should do it too"...HOW does that make it a "UNIQUE" move?

Pakistanis who want to change the Name of country should mention it to Embassy workers who issue passport it will make their experience delightful

Unlike Europe or America these places are right next door to us. For instance Dushanbe, Tajikistan is 500 miles from Islamabad, Tashkent, Uzbekistan is 700 miles from Islamabad and both are closer then Karachi is. The people are of Muslim stock and not too dissimiliar to us. However this is where things get shocking. Dushanbe is more like a Eastern European city then Asiatic. Orderly and compared to Pakistan clean etc. I only wish Pakistan was like that. Tajikistan by the way is smaller then K-Pk province.
We are shaped by relative distance not absolute distance. Absolute distance does play a role but it is not as predictive of outcomes. Central Asia is logistically linked closely with Russia and was part of the Russian Empire/Soviet sphere of influence thus resulting in the Eastern European feel, many are comfortable with the culture.

In terms of absolute distance Pakistan is closer to Central Asian capitals but its mutual connectivity is lacking, terrain and Afghanistan plays a role. Afghanistan was the buffer between Russian and British spheres of influence. Central Asian nations became more influenced by Russia and each other, while Pakistan became influenced by Britain and the nations within the British sphere of influence due to the connectivity, either naturally occurring or man-made forces.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom