What's new

Back To C929: COMAC Pushes Ahead With Widebody Rename Following Russia's Exit

I’m saying foreign buyers (outside of say Iran or North Korea) won’t buy for at least 10 years. Plenty of time to use the leap engines with an airline out of Gwadar, and then introduce the domestic engine in 3-5 years in China, and domestic engine version in Gwadar in 10 years. Enough flight hours to earn some credibility for reliability and safety. I think sales to sizable foreign airlines won’t start until after 2035.

I doubt Comac will wait that long to aggressively start foreign sales

I doubt Comac will wait that long to aggressively start foreign sales
I think they will try to sell, but it will be a hard sell if the economics don’t make sense. Passenger and freight airlines both probably operate on thin margin at the best of times, and try to make it through on those profits in the years when oil prices are high.

China should hope we are going into an era of low oil prices if this plane is to be adopted enough for their engine tech to catch up on fuel economy. Also they will need a follow on with longer rage to match the performance of B787 or A350, which seem to have around an extra 1000 nm range over this plane’s design.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom