What's new

The Truth about Dr Abdus Salam & a background on Pakistan's Nuclear Bomb

review your rating before commenting on mine I am very strict in my criteria.
lets take it offline in private conversation if there is any issue with my conduct

regards
Irfan: I wish you were following your own advice i.e. discussing a TTAs conduct in private. Instead, both you and Jungibaaz are unilaterally deleting my posts and reversing my ratings while at the same time turning a blind eye towards the posts I was replying to or rating negatively. I do not think you have this privilege otherwise there was no need for the thread where all the negative (and positive) ratings are reviewed. Both you and Jungibaaz are abusing your powers. I could have reported it to GHQ or Analyst Forum but my previous experience suggests it would be a futile effort and I'll only get myself insulted in the process. No thank you, at this age of mine, I am not interested in getting mocked and ridiculed by people half my age only because they are 'something' in the hierarchy of a forum. The sole purpose of my presence in this forum is to counter rabids who ridicule my religion and my country, nothing more and nothing less, the rabids who continue to do so unabated because certain mods side with them.

Last edited:
Pakistan is lucky some of their so called "nuclear physist" :lol: was able to steal the nuke. Can you imagine what the state of Pakistan would be today without this stolen nuke? Akhand bharat comes to mind :smokin:

The security value of Pakistan's nuclear deterrent is undeniable. It has helped keep substantial peace in South Asia for nearly half a century now.

Agreed, the good thing about nukes is it forces nations to negotiate rather than going to war. The bad thing is, if some crazy govt/military leader decides to use them, then GG world.

Mutually Assured Destruction has its own way of making negotiations work. :D

I am a biomedical researcher and specialize in recombinant DNA technology. Having working on this for past 15 years and applying it for developing recombinant therapeutic proteins for the treatment of HIV to Dengue and cancers, I have learnt a great deal and these expertise of mine have become sort of a 2nd nature to me. Now if I move back to Pakistan, establish my lab and resume working on what I have been working all my professional life wont be called 'stealing' of technology for this is a knowledge that I have acquired through my research and hard work. In parallel, I have also been creating knowledge base and publishing it both as research papers and patents. That is how science, any science for that mater, works. Only an ignorant fool would call this 'stealing'. Dr Qadeer stole technology... idiocy, ignorance, and immense hatred for Pakistan at their best.

except that is not what aqkhan did - he physically stole! he did not bring his acquired knowledge. But all that is water under the bridge and it doesn't matter anymore. He stands exposed and cannot be called a scientist

interestingly no one quote 'Eating grass: Making of the Pakistan bomb'. Is it watered down? I found that it gave credit to all where it was due....

Funny. German scientists, engineers, and technicians who were literally abducted by the US under clandestine operation 'Paperclip' and by other allied forces such as Russia, UK, and France, and used to establish advanced aerospace and biomedical technologies, are considered scientists but Qadeer is not.

Bharat literally stole fissile material from a research reactor provided by Canada (CIRUS reactor) exclusively for civilian use, and employed it to do 'Smiling Buddha' but it is not called stealing (correctly so because it was dacoity not just stealing). Bhartis should be the last to talk about what Qadeer did.

Last edited:
except that is not what aqkhan did - he physically stole! he did not bring his acquired knowledge. But all that is water under the bridge and it doesn't matter anymore. He stands exposed and cannot be called a scientist

Choro tiger bhai

Kaisy behas kurtay ho.

Is hamam main sub nungay hain.

Why point to only one?
Look under your rug too.

We are more alike than you realize.

Dr.hoodbhoy is a insane person...not worth listening..... Total waste

but of course Malala
why did I forget that. actually I was thinking about the Nobel prizes on the scientific fields like Indians have 3 + and counting (excluding other disciplines).

I was thinking on the scientific field . sorry I meant to say that its a safe bet that we ill NEVER ever achieve anything in any scientific discipline. whereas whenever I pick up an article or book on any branch of science , the Indian names appear frequently in in the current times.
Irfan: I wish you were following your own advice i.e. discussing a TTAs conduct in private. Instead, both you and Jungibaaz are unilaterally deleting my posts and reversing my ratings while at the same time turning a blind eye towards the posts I was replying to or rating negatively. I do not think you have this privilege otherwise there was no need for the thread where all the negative (and positive) ratings are reviewed. Both you and Jungibaaz are abusing your powers. I could have reported it to GHQ or Analyst Forum but my previous experience suggests it would be a futile effort and I'll only get myself insulted in the process.
I am sorry you feel that way. I dont reverse your ratings only asked you before once to reconsider giving negative rating to someone just because you dont agree with their posts. once there is a clear indication of personal dislike with someone your rating becomes an unfair weapon. your posts that I or other might have deleted were reported to be rude or personal.
your legitimate concerns will be heard at the GHQ , like I said lets take it privately or in selected section.

but of course Malala
why did I forget that. actually I was thinking about the Nobel prizes on the scientific fields like Indians have 3 + and counting (excluding other disciplines).

I was thinking on the scientific field . sorry I meant to say that its a safe bet that we ill NEVER ever achieve anything in any scientific discipline. whereas whenever I pick up an article or book on any branch of science , the Indian names appear frequently in in the current times.

A country that currently produces more PhDs in Gobbledygook obviously has its priorities in research away from contemporary science and therefore cannot be expected to compete with other countries in scientific output that the Nobel Committee may be able to recognize.

Allah hamari haalat par rehem farmye. Certain Pakistanis and their self-defeatist attitude; is it because of Bharti propaganda or because we are so lazy that we don't want to know about our country? or because we have compromised on how we are presented internationally?

Total Number of universities in India: 677
Total Number of universities in Pakistan: 144
Ratio: 4.70:1 (India : Pak)

H-index of papers published by Indian universities betweem 1996-2013: 341
H-index of papers published by Pakistani universities betweem 1996-2013: 130
Ratio: 2.6:1 (India : Pak)

H-index: An index that attempts to measure both the productivity and citation impact of the published body of work of a scientist or scholar.

Basically, it shows that albeit of having more universities, more research scholars, obviously lot more funds, the papers published by Pakistani universities are qualitatively better than those published by India.

India ranks at 9th and Pakistan at 46th position in terms of total number of publications but in science what matters is the quality i.e. H-index. When we look at the H-index, research produced by Pakistani universities has received more citations considering a large difference between number of Universities (and total work produced) between the two countries. More Universities will produce more overall papers and therefore we need to 'normalize' the data.

When taking H-index as reference, US still ranks first, followed by UK, Germany, France, Canada, Japan, Italy, Netherlands, Switzerland etc. India is ranked at 24, Singapore at 32, Ireland at 30, and Pakistan at 58. Now the research being done at Singapore is whole lot better but it falls behind India simply because all that research is produced by two, yes, just two Universities compared to 677 Universities in India. So mere ranking means nothing, we have to take into consideration a country's population, number of universities, number of researchers, and funds allocated for research.

In Pakistan, less than 1% budget (India 3.8%) is allocated for education and perhaps less than 10% of this goes to Universities for pure research. Considering these dismal conditions, Pakistan's ranking in quality research publications is not too bad and assuming that Pakistan will NEVER ever achieve anything in Science is kind of incorrect. An overwhelming majority of 3rd world scientists who won Nobel prize had not achieved scientific breakthroughs while working in their own countries but in developed countries. Our (3rd world's) research infrastructure, funding, atmosphere nothing is conducive for producing ground breaking science and we cant and must not single out Pakistan in this respect.

---

Indian universities: List Of Universities In India - 2015
Pakistani universities: Total how many Universities in Pakistan Public (Govt) and Private list Numbring wise
Country ranking in research publications: SJR - International Science Ranking

@Slav Defence @HRK @Indus Falcon @TankMan @Gufi @Horus @Donatello @Akheilos @Spring Onion @Psychic @Zarvan @Bratva @Shamain @salarsikander @Aether @Areesh @Malik Abdullah @sonicboom @waz @Jango @Emmie @Gazi @Gunsnroses @WAJsal

Last edited:
Despite personal dislikings I can't call Mr Hoodbhoy or Mr Abdusallam as hoax or fake physicits as they are well renowned in their field. One is teaching in Quadi Azam Uni and other was noble prize winner. But sad thing is people who do not like Abdul Qadeer just because of his beliefs are trying to degrade his qualifications. Pls answer me what are efforts of Mr Hoodbhoy or Dr Abdusalaam in case of Pak atomic developments. Dr Abdusalam even if we don;t call him American agent along with Me Muneer did nothing for Pak atomic development despite program was running before he went to self imposed exile.
On the other hand Dr Qadeer left his bright carrier in Holland and came back to motherland to help his country, and so sad to see people abusing him just due to mistakes of Musharaf.
Further every country has right to get knowledge and stabilize it's defense. If all NATO countries are under atomic shield and even India despite having Atomic bombs much before Pak had no sanctions I don't know why some foreign people and their puppets in Pak try to create drama about Pak Atomic Program and scientists.

H-index of papers published by Indian Universities betweem 1996-2013: 341
H-index of papers published by Indian Universities betweem 1996-2013: 130
Ratio: 1: 2.6

Eh? A ratio of itself with itself? This cannot be correct.

By SJR, India is #9, Pakistan is at #46, BTW.

One other confirmed and sad fact is Pak muslim scientists are deprived from doing research work in fields of nuclear physics/applied physics along with other sensitive fields since long time. (Sorry for stressing word Muslim because people like Dr Abdusalam/Hoodbhoy are welcomed there any time)

One other confirmed and sad fact is Pak muslim scientists are deprived from doing research work in fields of nuclear physics/applied physics along with other sensitive fields since long time. (Sorry for stressing word Muslim because people like Dr Abdusalam/Hoodbhoy are welcomed there any time)

Not really. Pakistani contributions to CERN are well known and well respected.

Back
Top Bottom