What's new

The Truth about Dr Abdus Salam & a background on Pakistan's Nuclear Bomb

We as anation should be ashamed what happened to Mr Qadeer as same was not happened to western puppets who tried to sabotage the entire nuclear programe. Further prolification can't be done by asingle person just like an atomic bomb can't be made by a single person.

Not really. Pakistani contributions to CERN are well known and well respected.
Can you convey any names of Pak Muslim scientists still working there. Who are ready to come back to Pak.

H-index of papers published by Indian Universities betweem 1996-2013: 341
H-index of papers published by Indian Universities betweem 1996-2013: 130
Janaab I believe 1 of this is Pakistan?

Allah hamari haalat par rehem farmye. Certain Pakistanis and their self-defeatist attitude; is it because of Bharti propaganda or because we are so lazy that we don't want to know about our country? or because we have compromised on how we are presented internationally?

Total Number of Universities in India: 677
Total Number of universities in Pakistan: 144
Ratio: 1: 4.70

H-index of papers published by Indian Universities betweem 1996-2013: 341
H-index of papers published by Indian Universities betweem 1996-2013: 130
Ratio: 1: 2.6

H-index: An index that attempts to measure both the productivity and citation impact of the published body of work of a scientist or scholar.

Basically, it shows that albeit of having more universities, more research scholars, obviously lot more funds, the papers published by Pakistani universities are qualitatively better than those published by India.

India ranks at 9th and Pakistan at 46th position in terms of total number of publications but in science what matters is the quality i.e. H-index. When we look at the H-index, research produced by Pakistani universities has received more citations considering a large difference between number of Universities (and total work produced) between the two countries.

Indian universities: List Of Universities In India - 2015
Pakistani universities: Total how many Universities in Pakistan Public (Govt) and Private list Numbring wise
Country ranking in research publications: SJR - International Science Ranking

@Slav Defence @HRK @Indus Falcon @TankMan @Gufi @Horus @Donatello @Akheilos @Spring Onion @Psychic @Zarvan @Bratva @Shamain @salarsikander @Aether
I dont know about indian uni or standard....However, I can tell you this much all the indians I have worked with who are colleagues have held high labelled "positions" such as RESEARCH ASSISTANT right after BSc or MSc while many of these are only offered to PhD in UK and some EU countries...

Dont know the case in Pakistan but this was astonishing for me! They get scholarships coz they HOLD POSITIONS and when tried they ONLY know THEORETICAL knowledge and cant really do much in practice and have to be retrained .....I once asked 1 of my colleagues you held an RA position what did you do...His reply was only PCR nothing else and this was one from S.india Tamil Nadu to be precise....the area which literally brags about their education system :unsure:

Can you convey any names of Pak Muslim scientists still working there. Who are ready to come back to Pak.

CERN works in association with PINSTECH. There are many Pakistani scientists working on CERN projects both in Pakistan and Switzerland in rotations.

And what abt Unis of europe and west abt Applied Physics, Nuc studies and such subjects. As I have authentic source confirming that western Unis denying Pak students.

And what abt Unis of europe and west abt Applied Physics, Nuc studies and such subjects. As I have authentic source confirming that western Unis denying Pak students.

Please post up your source that you claim is authentic.

sorry I can't give u source due to his and mine security. He is too close to me not like friend's father or friend. Further he also have Post Graduate degree from reputable UK uni along with App Physics back ground. So considering mentioned facts I may claim my source is authentic.

However I have finance background which is totally different from area of discussion.

sorry I can't give u source due to his and mine security. He is too close to me not like friend's father or friend. Further he also have Post Graduate degree from reputable UK uni along with App Physics back ground. So considering mentioned facts I may claim my source is authentic.

However I have finance background which is totally different from area of discussion.

Anecdotal evidence does not mean much in this context, then.

However I have deep interest in history and analysis specially Muslim history. I have studied a lot abt Pak Atomic Program, Dr Qadeer's writings and other sources.

However I have deep interest in history and analysis specially Muslim history. I have studied a lot abt Pak Atomic Program, Dr Qadeer's writings and other sources.

So what does your research and analysis tell you about the Pakistani atomic program?

Irfan: I wish you were following your own advice i.e. discussing a TTAs conduct in private. Instead, both you and Jungibaaz are unilaterally deleting my posts and reversing my ratings while at the same time turning a blind eye towards the posts I was replying to or rating negatively. I do not think you have this privilege otherwise there was no need for the thread where all the negative (and positive) ratings are reviewed. Both you and Jungibaaz are abusing your powers. I could have reported it to GHQ or Analyst Forum but my previous experience suggests it would be a futile effort and I'll only get myself insulted in the process. No thank you, at this age of mine, I am not interested in getting mocked and ridiculed by people half my age only because they are 'something' in the hierarchy of a forum. The sole purpose of my presence in this forum is to counter rabids who ridicule my religion and my country, nothing more and nothing less, the rabids who continue to do so unabated because certain mods side with them.
Sir,
Excellent post, very well researched.
Besides that ,keeping everything aside,it is even challenging for our scientist to make their work published in reputable journals such as nature with so much limitations.
My own professors have accomplished their PhD from recognized international universities and their work have been published in nature.It is really amazing to see for how they create balance, prepare courses for students of every background so that they all come up at equal level.Then they began to teach the actual course.It deserves huge applause.You should have seen "hope" in them.They are still so hopeful with us.They tell us about ourselves that even we don't know about it.
Please do not compare or rank things,people.
Pakistan has different circumstances, conditions ,problems and very limited options.Out of those,we make our own ways and variations.
Linking all such scenario to the op,I will applaud Mr.Qadeer Khan as well as Abdul Salaam sir .We cannot ignore Mr.Munir's contribution as well.Everyone was wonderful and their effort has given us power, strength and new face to withstand external pressures.
I will say to all my friends to stop making argument that who did what.It is already known.
Instead ,I propose you all that why not we think as title holders for god sake and initiate project at PDF in which we not only enlist them but mention their contributions as well so that our young Pakistani students could find it right away at Google search.
@WebMaster and @Horus and every title holder ,I need your help in this regard.
Thanks

Last edited:
Sir,
Besides that ,keeping everything aside,it is even challenging for our scientist to make their work published in reputable journals such as nature with so much limitations.
My own professors have accomplished their PhD from recognized international universities and their work have been published in nature.It is really amazing to see for how they create balance, prepare courses for students of every background so that they all come up at equal level.Then they began to teach the actual course.It deserves huge applause.You should have seen "hope" in them.They are still so hopeful with us.They tell us about ourselves that even we don't know about it.
Pakistan has different circumstances, conditions ,problems and very limited options.Out of those,we make our own ways and variations.
Linking all such scenario to the op,I will applaud Mr.Qadeer Khan did as well as Abdul Salaam sir did.We cannot ignore Mr.Munir's contribution as well.Everyone was wonderful and their effort has given us power, strength and new face to withstand external pressures.
I will say to all my friends to stop making argument that who did what.It is already known.
Instead ,I propose you all that why not we think as title holders for god sake and initiate project at PDF in which we not only enlist them but mention their contributions as well so that our young Pakistani students could find it right away at Google search.
Thanks

Dear Good Post,

But traitor remains traitor u may observe here how some members having Ahmedi background accusing Dr Qadeer. Perhaps it is true that we as a nation have not been developed. So I have no shame to say that Dr Abdusalaam despite having much knowledge in field of applied physics never used his knowledge to develop Pak Atomic Program meanwhile Mr Muneer Khan and other so called nuclear scientists were not able to develop Pak nuclear weapon the main task given to them. So from all of them Mr Qadeer was victorious and should be given more credit than those people. Further as a Physicist we should respect Dr Abdusalaam but not as Pak national.
I do have more respect for Dr A. P. J. Abdul Kalam who made no false excuses and served his country honestly.

Further fact remains fact that whensomething is manufactured then it is manufactured by efforts of many people i.e in case of a jet a team of experts designs the jet, some people work on prototype, others involved in engine mfg etc and process goes on. However some key people get more credit just like Doctor Qadeer.
As he was the leader of a program and gave spirit to the body i.e enriched uranium capable to produce atomic bomb.

Qadeer Khan did provide critical centrifuge technology to manufacture enriched uranium to Pakistan. Since Qadeer Khan did not belong to certain religion so nobody defended him . Qadeer Khan could have also have been equated with Albert Einstein but wrong community.

Kia hua bhai khariat tau hai konsa religion AA gaya beech main ??

Allah hamari haalat par rehem farmye. Certain Pakistanis and their self-defeatist attitude; is it because of Bharti propaganda or because we are so lazy that we don't want to know about our country? or because we have compromised on how we are presented internationally?

Total Number of universities in India: 677
Total Number of universities in Pakistan: 144
Ratio: 4.70:1 (India : Pak)

H-index of papers published by Indian universities betweem 1996-2013: 341
H-index of papers published by Pakistani universities betweem 1996-2013: 130
Ratio: 2.6:1 (India : Pak)

H-index: An index that attempts to measure both the productivity and citation impact of the published body of work of a scientist or scholar.

Basically, it shows that albeit of having more universities, more research scholars, obviously lot more funds, the papers published by Pakistani universities are qualitatively better than those published by India.

India ranks at 9th and Pakistan at 46th position in terms of total number of publications but in science what matters is the quality i.e. H-index. When we look at the H-index, research produced by Pakistani universities has received more citations considering a large difference between number of Universities (and total work produced) between the two countries. More Universities will produce more overall papers and therefore we need to 'normalize' the data.

When taking H-index as reference, US still ranks first, followed by UK, Germany, France, Canada, Japan, Italy, Netherlands, Switzerland etc. India is ranked at 24, Singapore at 32, Ireland at 30, and Pakistan at 58. Now the research being done at Singapore is whole lot better but it falls behind India simply because all that research is produced by two, yes, just two Universities compared to 677 Universities in India. So mere ranking means nothing, we have to take into consideration a country's population, number of universities, number of researchers, and funds allocated for research.

In Pakistan, less than 1% budget (India 3.8%) is allocated for education and perhaps less than 10% of this goes to Universities for pure research. Considering these dismal conditions, Pakistan's ranking in quality research publications is not too bad and assuming that Pakistan will NEVER ever achieve anything in Science is kind of incorrect. An overwhelming majority of 3rd world scientists who won Nobel prize had not achieved scientific breakthroughs while working in their own countries but in developed countries. Our (3rd world's) research infrastructure, funding, atmosphere nothing is conducive for producing ground breaking science and we cant and must not single out Pakistan in this respect.

---

Indian universities: List Of Universities In India - 2015
Pakistani universities: Total how many Universities in Pakistan Public (Govt) and Private list Numbring wise
Country ranking in research publications: SJR - International Science Ranking

@Slav Defence @HRK @Indus Falcon @TankMan @Gufi @Horus @Donatello @Akheilos @Spring Onion @Psychic @Zarvan @Bratva @Shamain @salarsikander @Aether @Areesh @Malik Abdullah @sonicboom @waz @Jango @Emmie @Gazi @Gunsnroses @WAJsal
Excellent find and well said.

But what I don't understand is that why, among the course books of science and technology subjects taught in Pakistan, many have been authored by Indian professors. @Irfan Baloch.

Sir,
Linking all such scenario to the op,I will applaud Mr.Qadeer Khan as well as Abdul Salaam sir .We cannot ignore Mr.Munir's contribution as well.Everyone was wonderful and their effort has given us power, strength and new face to withstand external pressures.
Thanks

That is a great idea Sir, but it can work only if Think Tanks do what they are supposed to do - THINK - rather than having the sole declared purpose of countering anything that goes against set beliefs to the exclusion of anything and everything else.

i have heard that dr.Abdus Salam was a Qadiani/Ahmadi/Mirzai

Back
Top Bottom