What's new

The Problem of Urdu

yes sir. And they also "begged" not to give them a state capital.

Again you seemed to be ill-informed about the Capital part. Chandigarh meant to be Capital of whole of Punjab and to get Chandigarh, Punjab has to transfer some areas of Punjab as compensation to Haryana and deal hasn't reached yet. While Shimla being Hindi majority went to Himachal Pradesh.

4000 innocent Sikhs were not masacred in post Indra fiasco,
Operation blue star never happened.

And yes. This my dear Sir is fake history :lol:

What it has to do with the topic. Should I remind you the fate of your own community. More than 100,000 had to enter Pakistan illegally during 1970-80s and their issue is like agitating honest's nest

Indians and Paks carry a lot of myths in their heads. This is mostly based on the 3rd grade sarkari school history books.

Partition impacted mostly one state in the whole of British India. And that state was Punjab.

Before partition
-- East Punjab (Indian side) had 55-65% Muslim Punjabis. (depending on city/village)
-- West Punjab (Pak side) had 35-45% non-Muslim Punjabis (depending on city/village)

After partition
--- Indian Punjab had 0% Muslim punjabis (totally annihilated by Indian mobs)
-- Pak Punjab had 0% non-Muslim punjabis (totally annihilated by Pak mobs)
--- few exceptions were tiny Muslim population in Malir kotla, and tiny sikh population around holy shrines such as: Nankana sahib and Punja sahib

nowhere else in India or Pak, the ethnic cleansing was so absolute so comprehensive.

Cannot find much fault in this.

However, there was a significant percentage of ppl who moved from Oudh ( Awadh) region of UP to Pakistan too. Yet as stated the major impact was felt by Punjab and in a small measure Bengal.

Well said. Bravo.

Big thanks.

shukriya.. same goes with linguistic champions of india, who want to expel english or hindi and impose marathi or tamil.
the awaam (urdu word) dont care. the aam (hindi) aadmi just wants a language to communicate.
I live in bangalore and i have tried to learn some kannada to make my life easier rather than tell the govt of karnataka to say change the lingua franca to sanskrit since vedas are written in it.

Cannot find much fault in this.

Thank you.

C....
However, there was a significant percentage of ppl who moved from Oudh ( Awadh) region of UP to Pakistan too. .
Most of the migration from Bihar, UP, and Hyderabad did not occur in 1947. Instead it started until after the partition fires had died down and continued until the assassination of PM Liaqat Ali Khan. It was PM Liaqat Ali Khan who instituted special 11% quota for Urdu Speaking folks who were still in India.

You got to be mad out not to take this gold rush. This is when Awadh migration took place too.

peace.

p.s. Thanks for bringing this up.

p.s. As a I said there are a lot of "hidden" things from that era. A lot of stuff that people don't know and they keep p.repeating 3rd grade sarkari school history book or simply regurgitate superficial blabbering of 2-bit TV talk show hosts.

shukriya.. same goes with linguistic champions of india, who want to expel english or hindi and impose marathi or tamil.
the awaam (urdu word) dont care. the aam (hindi) aadmi just wants a language to communicate.
I live in bangalore and i have tried to learn some kannada to make my life easier rather than tell the govt of karnataka to say change the lingua franca to sanskrit since vedas are written in it.

You are very welcome.

Yes. It is so true. Even though I am against imposition of Urdu as "official" language in Pakistan. But on the same page I hate the crowd that says Arabic should be official because it is the language of Islam.

I say to this.

Check out Arabs. And see how messed up their religious fundoos are. If they are so terrible religiously even after having the knowledge of Arab, then what chance Pakistanis have in improving our lot with this Arabic mumbo jumbo.

peace to you

my nephew who is america born, 5 years old, is a big fan of chhota bheem and had a chotta bheem cake cut last year when they were in india. its a pretty popular with kids under 6-7 yrs old. Its like anyother super hero cartoon , not as greatly made, but the killer app is the language. thats why its succeeding in india and pak.
oh yes there is nothing wrong in learning a fw indian / hindi words. it just broadens your outlook.

not so harmless for those who must bring religion and subsequent hatred into everythng.

Most of the migration from Bihar, UP, and Hyderabad did not occur in 1947. Instead it started until after the partition fires had died down and continued until the assassination of PM Liaqat Ali Khan. It was PM Liaqat Ali Khan who instituted special 11% quota for Urdu Speaking folks who were still in India.

You got to be mad out not to take this gold rush. This is when Awadh migration took place too.

peace.

p.s. As a I said there are a lot of "hidden" things from that era. A lot of stuff that people don't know and they keep p.repeating 3rd grade sarkari school history book or simply regurgitate superficial blabbering of 2-bit TV talk show hosts.

Very few amongst us & this includes the media have the inclination to delve deeper into facts of the past before blurting out things learnt thru rote.

Most of us are therefore told things we like to hear or have been programmed to hear .

Can you share some details of the quota ? I wasnt aware of this.

Thank you.

Thank you.

peace.

You are very welcome.

Yes. It is so true. Even though I am against imposition of Urdu as "official" language in Pakistan. But on the same page I hate the crowd that says Arabic should be official because it is the language of Islam.

I say to this.

Check out Arabs. And see how messed up their religious fundoos are. If they are so terrible religiously even after having the knowledge of Arab, then what chance Pakistanis have in improving our lot with this Arabic mumbo jumbo.

peace to you

agree, its almost asif quran and arabs are great because of arabic. language is just a medium , so lets not shoot the messenger.
a language is a language irrespective of where it comes from.
i am a software person, an instruction to add two numbers will have the same result whether written in C or perl or java.

@FaujHistorian: I am sure arabic is as beautiful language as any other and it will be completely wrong to say it promotes religious fundoos. Arabs are quite at ease with their own language as well as English (most arab posters write fine English here).
The fact that subcontinent muslims regard arabic as some holy language is not fault of arabs.

The question is whether it is suitable for pakistan (in place of urdu), I would say no, for most pakistanis urdu will be much easier to learn.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you.

Passport system was introduced by Pakistan between India and Pakistan in 1952 to stop the migration of Muslims into Pakistan. But this 11% quota for Muhajirs was wrong and discrimination since the population Muhajir was just 3-4% at that time.

I see Pakistan won't feel bad about alien Turkish or Hollywood culture but will always feel insure about Indian culture.

i have not read the opening post. dont feel like reading it at all seeing two lines at the end replacing a national widely spoken language with regional ones.

however about your post well

1. What is Indian culture in the first place?

if attire? then we also wear the same attire as worn in India ranging from shalwar kameez to kurtas to pajamas to Sari.

if you talk about language then well Indian movies. dramas have almost same language urdu/hindi we understand words of sunskrit as well in hindi.

So what exactly you are talking about Indian culture here?

i see quiet strong differences in airing of Turkish dramas and Indian ones.

And hollywood is far advanced quality sans any religious BS unlike Indian programmes

i have not read the opening post. dont feel like reading it at all seeing two lines at the end replacing a national widely spoken language with regional ones.

if attire? then we also wear the same attire as worn in India ranging from shalwar kameez to kurtas to pajamas to Sari.

if you talk about language then well Indian movies. dramas have almost same language urdu/hindi we understand words of sunskrit as well in hindi.

And hollywood is far advanced quality sans any religious BS unlike Indian programmes

Please read the first post its not us talking about Indian culture.
And by the way what do you want to say, there's nothing called Indian culture ?

exactly the whole post is worthless and some religious fundoo who has misplaced cultrue and relgion due to all the cr@p about relgion spouted in pakistan for decades has written some nonsense.

Even Hollywood makes movies on religious topics. Pakistan's insecurity is even with Hindi origin words. Pakistani kids don't grow up speaking Urdu but the native language, both Urdu and Hindi are from UP, so its sounds bizarre when you say cultural invasion. Chhota Bheem has no religious content, so you have no problem with Japanese or American cartoons but insecurities with Indian one.

Even Hollywood makes movies on religious topics. Pakistan's insecurity is even with Hindi origin words. Pakistani kids don't grow up speaking Urdu but the native language, both Urdu and Hindi are from UP, so its sounds bizarre when you say cultural invasion. Chhota Bheem has no religious content, so you have no problem with Japanese or American cartoons but insecurities with Indian one.

1. i have no issue with hindi/sunskrit words many dont BUT we all must be against ruining of pure languages. Here in Pakistan we are also sad about mixture of English words in Urdu.

2. Nobody talks about culture invasion interms of language but all we want our beautiful national languge should not be polluted.

3. The Japanese cartoons, or for that matter american cartoons do not promote religious things unlike Indian cartoons where characters are based on Hindu gods. its time Indians should separate promotion of religion from pure entertainment.

4. There should be everything to oppose such kind of religious preaching cartoons. its not about insecurity its about giving kids religious free entertainment.

NOTE: about Hollywood religious movies they do not preach religion but shows only few things where the character needs to show unlike Indian kids cartoons based on purely a hindu god's life

Please read the first post its not us talking about Indian culture.
And by the way what do you want to say, there's nothing called Indian culture ?

I am asking you what is INDIAN CULTURE? you sure have one tell me what is it?

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom