What's new

The new war epic film is a masterpiece ''The battle at lake Changjin''

Because Chinese people in China would not even be aware that the country has a huge deficit in its ability to communicate with other cultures and to win them over. Trust me, China’s continued inability to do this will make every goal ten times harder than it needs to be.
I said "non-Chinese" never said Chinese have communication problem. I'm not talking about how Chinese think themselves. In fact, this is first time in my life to hear oversea Chinese have that problem with outside world. If it's true it would be utterly weird cause there are millions of Chinese living abroad and none(except you and nang2) of them ever said that. And as I said, non-Chinese never said that too.

I just searched newest data. There are about 5.1m Chinese Americans in total. Among them, nearly 1.9m are Taiwanese Chinese. 0.33m are Hongkong Chinese. The number of descendants of those who moved to US before 1949 is unknown. I guess at least 1.5m. See, most Chinese Americans have not been ruled by CCP for one day. How could you attribute glass ceiling problem to CCP?

955.jpg

Last edited:
I said "non-Chinese" never said Chinese have communication problem. I'm not talking about how Chinese think themselves. In fact, this is first time in my life to hear oversea Chinese have that problem with outside world. If it's true it would be utterly weird cause there are millions of Chinese living abroad and none(except you and nang2) of them ever said that. And as I said, non-Chinese never said that too.

I just searched newest data. There are about 5.8m Chinese Americans in total. Among them, nearly 1.9m are Taiwanese Chinese. 0.33m are Hongkong Chinese. The number of descendants of those who moved to US before 1949 is unknown. I guess at least 1.5m. See, most Chinese Americans have not been ruled by CCP for one day. How could you attribute glass ceiling problem to CCP?

View attachment 790045

This communication/glass ceiling issue if it is real derives entirely from Hong Kong/Taiwan/Overseas Chinese. There is a serious lack of Chinese in CEO positions in Western firms I guess and Chinese are seen as quiet and subservient (to whites), geeky and athletically challenged.

To me, that's because Taiwan, Hong Kong and basically the Chinese diaspora in decades of freedom had not created much of the "soft power" that Tower and Nang (if he is actually Chinese) are looking for. Taiwan/HK, like Korea, are within the Western circle that the PRC can never be. So if Tower wanted "soft power" like Korea you can't expect it from China which the West is hostile to.

The "soft power" that drives ethnic Chinese pride today comes nearly entirely from Mainland China.

Look at the Olympics, until China joined in 1980, the banner of ethnic Chinese was carried by Taiwan/ROC who won literally nothing. The athletically stunted Chinese/East Asian meme continued until China began winning medals.

Lack of CEOs in the West? Why would mainland Chinese even care? There are many massive Chinese corporations with Chinese CEOs. Most Chinese (from the mainland) expect prejudice from the West and find it natural that Western corporations would have Western CEOs and Chinese corporations would have Chinese ones. The Overseas Chinese who live in the West and Taiwan/HK should be the ones cracking this glass ceiling not some mainlanders.

Look at the space program which is one of greatest symbols of prestige ("soft power") in modern times. Taiwan never gave the Chinese ethnics one. China has a space station and is launching rockets at a greater rate than the US.

One fucking thing that always bothered me about Chinese popular Culture from Taiwan and Hong Kong is the complete lack of science fiction that can drive a society forward like in the US and Japan. Okay, Taiwan never had a space program but it can't even imagine a "Star Wars"? All we get are school dramas with metrosexual male leads. No vision for a technologically advanced future.

Thank goodness, China is a space fairing nation in reality and in the movies:

Mark my words, the Chinese box office in the coming years will generate so much money that it can make films that no other film industry outside Hollywood can make. By weight of resources alone it will influence at least some people.

I love Chinese films, to be perfectly honest. I'm looking forward to what I might see in the future. Yes, I hope the CCP loosen up a bit but that is gradually happening in starts and stops over the years.

Last edited:
I don't blame them as I am also a socially inept geek. Instead, I blame China government that effectively prohibits everyone from self-organizing. In China, every social group that is beyond extended families is under close scrutiny by the government, except, maybe, in purely consumer categories. Over the years, most Chinese have lost the social skills for self-organizing. Everything has to be done with the directives from the government. It is like a pack of dogs that always rely on the alpha dog. Once we go abroad, we are lost. We don't know how to speak the language to touch others' hearts. We don't even know how to touch each other's heart. One of many reasons why we Chinese are so talented in technologies and yet Indians beat us in climbing corporate ladders in IT world.

And those in China only know how to repeat the government lines since they haven't learned to think for themselves. This kind of "soft power" is not to win people's hearts. It is just to shove government rhetoric down to people's throats and they are puzzled on why people don't love us even though we are rich.
I never heard any non-Chinese said that Chinese have communication problem. Most Chinese who live in US are not from China mainland. It is definitely not CCP's fault if they can not climb corporate ladder.
Because Chinese people in China would not even be aware that the country has a huge deficit in its ability to communicate with other cultures and to win them over. Trust me, China’s continued inability to do this will make every goal ten times harder than it needs to be.

Chinese films are largely only watched by Chinese people. Hence they are useless when it comes to expanding China’s soft power and winning the country friends and countering the severe anti China hostility being spread by the Zionist regime.

You really don’t get it.

This communication/glass ceiling issue if it is real derives entirely from Hong Kong/Taiwan/Overseas Chinese. There is a serious lack of Chinese in CEO positions in Western firms I guess and Chinese are seen as quiet and subservient (to whites), geeky and athletically challenged.

To me, that's because Taiwan, Hong Kong and basically the Chinese diaspora in decades of freedom had not created much of the "soft power" that Tower and Nang (if he is actually Chinese) are looking for. Taiwan/HK, like Korea, are within the Western circle that the PRC can never be. So if Tower wanted "soft power" like Korea you can't expect it from China which the West is hostile to.

The "soft power" that drives ethnic Chinese pride today comes nearly entirely from Mainland China.

Look at the Olympics, until China joined in 1980, the banner of ethnic Chinese was carried by Taiwan/ROC who won literally nothing. The athletically stunted Chinese/East Asian meme continued until China began winning medals.

Lack of CEOs in the West? Why would mainland Chinese even care? There are many massive Chinese corporations with Chinese CEOs. Most Chinese (from the mainland) expect prejudice from the West and find it natural that Western corporations would have Western CEOs and Chinese corporations would have Chinese ones. The Overseas Chinese who live in the West and Taiwan/HK should be the ones cracking this glass ceiling not some mainlanders.

Look at the space program which is one of greatest symbols of prestige ("soft power") in modern times. Taiwan never gave the Chinese ethnics one. China has a space station and is launching rockets at a greater rate than the US.

One fucking thing that always bothered me about Chinese popular Culture from Taiwan and Hong Kong is the complete lack of science fiction that can drive a society forward like in the US and Japan. Okay, Taiwan never had a space program but it can't even imagine a "Star Wars"? All we get are school dramas with metrosexual male leads. No vision for a technologically advanced future.

Thank goodness, China is a space fairing nation in reality and in the movies:

Mark my words, the Chinese box office in the coming years will generate so much money that it can make films that no other film industry outside Hollywood can make. By weight of resources alone it will influence at least some people.

I love Chinese films, to be perfectly honest. I'm looking forward to what I might see in the future. Yes, I hope the CCP loosen up a bit but that is gradually happening in starts and stops over the years.

Among the global top 500 enterprises, there are 122 global top 500 enterprises in USA, of which 36 CEOs are of Indian descent, and there are 7 global top 500 enterprises in India. A total of 43 CEOs of global top 500 enterprises are of Indian descent. There are 143 global top 500 enterprises in China, all of which are Chinese as CEOs.
OK, we do not count overseas Chinese, 143:43, obviously, China has the largest number of CEOs of global top 500 enterprises. The reason for the lack of Chinese executives in the USA is that excellent Chinese executives have returned to China to start a business.

The only war they won so far was the civil war fought inside US borders. They just jumped in the WW2 at the end to take credit
1941 was by no means the 'end' of World War 2. Regardless, without pivotal US help it wouldn't have been won.

Among the global top 500 enterprises, there are 122 global top 500 enterprises in USA, of which 36 CEOs are of Indian descent, and there are 7 global top 500 enterprises in India. A total of 43 CEOs of global top 500 enterprises are of Indian descent. There are 143 global top 500 enterprises in China, all of which are Chinese as CEOs.
OK, we do not count overseas Chinese, 143:43, obviously, China has the largest number of CEOs of global top 500 enterprises. The reason for the lack of Chinese executives in the USA is that excellent Chinese executives have returned to China to start a business.

Actually the main reason, unfortunately, is a class of Taiwanese/Hongkies/Chinese-Americans/-Westerners who never done much to dispel the stereotype and racism from whites.

Those handful of China-born foreign students were never going to be hired by an American firm as a CEO. None of them would ever expect it. China is the only route to success for them. If there are to be Chinese CEOs, they have to come from those in the Western block -- either the Overseas Chinese or those from Taiwan or Hong Kong.

Embrace your own understanding of "soft power" then. Just don't expect everyone would agree with you.

soft power is defined as the ability to have others behave according to your interests (power) without physical or economic coercion.

China has that ability. Witness the vast support on PRC even entering the UN, despite China not paying countries to do so (could China have even possibly paid UK and Sweden in the 1970's?) nor threatening them. Witness the vast support on pushing back against the Xinjiang lies.

Meanwhile US could not even force Japan - an 'ally' under military occupation - to bend to its will without punitive fines, tarrifs and the Plaza Accord. However I must admit, US has significant soft power somewhere - India has been compelled to do things in the US's interest while neither being under threat nor being paid to do so, textbook definition of soft power.

The key is to be a CEO in a country that doesn't speak your native language. In another word, it is the difference between home-court winning and winning as a visiting team.
despite China not paying countries to do so
That, my friend, is a very questionable statement. You think China gave large support to many African countries despite the hardship endured at home for purely charitable purpose?

Also remember a lot of inventions originate in SciFi and while they may not be successfully created until decades after being first mentioned..those stories drove the research.

HG Wells mentioned lasers in 1897 and many later works reinforced that as a "given" assumed technological advance (along with forcefield shields). Lasers didn't become reality until 1960.

Same with television, flat panels, touch screens, holograms, wireless phones, robots, AI, mechanical prosthetics, videoconferencing, genetic engineering, realtime translators, CCTV cameras, computers, automation, driverless cars, spaceships, space stations, GPS, etc. All from the minds of sci-fi writers.

Last edited:
The key is to be a CEO in a country that doesn't speak your native language. In another word, it is the difference between home-court winning and winning as a visiting team.

That, my friend, is a very questionable statement. You think China gave large support to many African countries despite the hardship endured at home for purely charitable purpose?

There are usually two types of people in a large enterprise.

Class A, they don't have much desire and want a stable and peaceful life. They can patiently do work that takes a long time to produce results or repetitive transactional work. These people are usually engineers, architects, etc.

Class B, they have a strong sense of achievement. They are eager to succeed and are willing to pay a heavy price. They work overtime frequently, compete fiercely, and may even sacrifice their family and health.

The higher management, the higher the proportion of class B people. And Class A people are often concentrated in senior personnel of the professional line.

The current situation in China is that class B Chinese often work after graduation. They have no patience to study for a doctor's degree or study abroad. When their class A classmates graduate with a doctor's degree, they may already be directors or even start their own company.
So now there are fewer and fewer class B Chinese studying in the west, and more and more class A. The opposite is true in India.

Here's the results of UN Resolution 2758. Half of Africa and half of Latin America voted against China, proving your theory that China paid developing nations to be incorrect.

2560px-Voting_res_2758.svg.png

Meanwhile China didn't pay western countries like UK, Canada, France, Italy, Israel, Belgium, Netherlands, Sweden, Norway, Finland and Chile yet they all voted on China's side. It wasn't just western countries too, Warsaw Pact also voted for China, as did stronger developing countries like India, Pakistan, Malaysia, Turkey, Mexico, etc.

Now, how many Vietnam movies that non-Vietnam watch? How many German movies that non European watch? despite they are good, and even give the watcher a lot of inspiration. And why Hollywood movies are everywhere, although they're bad, and even a trash? That's the question, isn't it?

Do you think that German movies are bad? I doubt it. I'm sure that there are good German Movies. But I never watch them, or even find them anywhere in my country. But do you think Hollywood movies are good? They're actually every where, despite to be considered as a trash by Americans themselves.
Germany makes boring movies and films. There are some exceptions the film “Das Boot” is great.

Here's the results of UN Resolution 2758. Half of Africa and half of Latin America voted against China, proving your theory that China paid developing nations to be incorrect.

2560px-Voting_res_2758.svg.png

Meanwhile China didn't pay western countries like UK, Canada, France, Italy, Israel, Belgium, Netherlands, Sweden, Norway, Finland and Chile yet they all voted on China's side. It wasn't just western countries too, Warsaw Pact also voted for China, as did stronger developing countries like India, Pakistan, Malaysia, Turkey, Mexico, etc.
Well, then, maybe Mao Zedong was wrong then, because I only repeated what he said. :D

I don't blame them as I am also a socially inept geek. Instead, I blame China government that effectively prohibits everyone from self-organizing. In China, every social group that is beyond extended families is under close scrutiny by the government, except, maybe, in purely consumer categories. Over the years, most Chinese have lost the social skills for self-organizing. Everything has to be done with the directives from the government. It is like a pack of dogs that always rely on the alpha dog. Once we go abroad, we are lost. We don't know how to speak the language to touch others' hearts. We don't even know how to touch each other's heart. One of many reasons why we Chinese are so talented in technologies and yet Indians beat us in climbing corporate ladders in IT world.

And those in China only know how to repeat the government lines since they haven't learned to think for themselves. This kind of "soft power" is not to win people's hearts. It is just to shove government rhetoric down to people's throats and they are puzzled on why people don't love us even though we are rich.

Is it really true? Well, let say that what you said is true. Then CPC will be doomed sooner or later. Maybe sooner than later. And maybe they're already doomed now. And when they fall, it will cause a catastrophic disaster to China. The principle itself actually come ancient Chinese wisdom. Even the ancient Chinese know that putting on restriction to the limit will only cause harm to your government. It like water in a balloon. The tighter you restrict the water inside the balloon, the stronger resistance that you will encounter. Everything need balance. That's why in Chinese wisdom we know Yin and Yang. Balance.

it is okay for CPC to restrict their people in political matter, but they should give them freedom in another side. That is balance. I doubt that all 1.4 billions people act like robot without any freewill. They have feeling, and they have a need of freedom. Even with everything they have, CPC can't restrict everything. Chinese people will talk bad things about their government in unknown sites using VPN. And that kind of gathering can't be controlled by the government. And if the government restrict more, the struggle will become wider and stronger. Sooner or later, those discontent people will gather and cause some kind of Arab Spring that will bring PRC fall / destroyed. Like in Syria, Libya, etc.

As strong as CPC / CCP is they have their limit. Even if PLA is strong, they have only at max 10.000.000 people. Compared to 1.4 billion is nothing. And I'm sure that those 1.4 billions are not immune to dissent, discontent, anger, and resentment toward the government. CPC definitely can't control them with too much restriction.

So it is impossible for you theory to be true. Because if it is, then CPC has been taken from their throne today. You can only control the people by touch their heart. Without that, you won't last long. And that also written in some Ancient Chinese wisdom.

Last edited:
Is it really true? Well, let say that what you said is true. Then CPC will be doomed sooner or later. Maybe sooner than later. And maybe they're already doomed now. And when they fall, it will cause a catastrophic disaster to China. The principle itself actually come ancient Chinese wisdom. Even the ancient Chinese know that putting on restriction to the limit will only cause harm to your government. It like water in a balloon. The tighter you restrict the water inside the balloon, the stronger resistance that you will encounter. Everything need balance. That's why in Chinese wisdom we know Yin and Yang. Balance.

it is okay for CPC to restrict their people in political matter, but they should give them freedom in another side. That is balance. I doubt that all 1.4 billions people act like robot without any freewill. They have feeling, and they have a need of freedom. Even with everything they have, CPC can't restrict everything. Chinese people will talk bad things about their government in unknown sites using VPN. And that kind of gathering can't be controlled by the government. And if the government restrict more, the struggle will become wider and stronger. Sooner or later, those discontent people will gather and cause some kind of Arab Spring that will bring PRC fall / destroyed. Like in Syria, Libya, etc.

So it is impossible for you theory to be true. Because if it is, then CPC has been taken from their throne today. You can only control the people by touch their heart. Without that, you won't last long. And that also written in some Ancient Chinese wisdom.
You misunderstood what I said. I didn't say CCP prohibits people from touching each other's heart. I certainly didn't say CCP doesn't try to touch people's hearts. What I said is that CCP prohibits people from touching each other's heart IN THEIR OWN WAYS. In China, you can do whatever you like as long as it is sanctioned by CCP. For regular folks living in China, this kind of practice is what they are familiar with for thousands of years. In effect, CCP is practicing feudalism, with high-ranking officials and their families are the new lords and the party secretary being the new emperor. That is why CCP can hold on to its power for a long time and it is important to isolate its people from the rest of the world since feudalism has kind of been out of fashion.

Back
Top Bottom