What's new

The Indomitable Indian Spirit : Making Impossible to Possible

Again you are comparing a a PhD student and a post-docs (band-6) salary with an established scientists. You clearly got no idea what you are speaking about...first get yourself acquainted with science before you start making absurd comments and come up arguments for the sake of it.

I know we are talking about PhD, but then we were also talking about the job opportunities and the package offered in India to our technologists. No I am not comparing PhD student with established scientists unlike your mates here who were.

The one PhD I knew was getting Rs. 18000 as monthly compensation. He was a young boy, living with his parents as Indians generally do, that money was adequate for his stipend.

Stipends in UK US range for PhD students are 13K to 14K and not the 24K you falsely made out to be.
RCUK doctoral stipend levels and indicative fees for 2014 - Research Councils UK

A middle class family needs 2000K in UK per you, so where is this extra 1K per month for PhD students going to come from?

Again you are comparing a a PhD student and a post-docs (band-6) salary with an established scientists. You clearly got no idea what you are speaking about...first get yourself acquainted with science before you start making absurd comments and come up arguments for the sake of it.

Also all scientists working for the Indian govt are not PhDs or Post-docs.

Last edited:
So you are not enrolled in PhD officially. Only once you graduate, would you be enrolled. Plus you will be skipping the masters course entirely.

You backed out of RAAF and still are an undergrad at which University?

As of now neither are you an engineer nor a consultant nor a grad nor a PhD. Yet you claim to be all of these all at once. So you may have worked as a receptionist in the engineering services company, but you talk as if you were the engineer there. You may have worked as the tea boy in the consultancy, yet you talk as if you were the chief consultant there.

Hmmm...

None of these guys have any qualification. Not a single degree. Just stories.

I was a junior engineer at WP. I am an undergrad at The University of Western Australia The concept of a tea boy does not exist in nations that live outside the stone age.

Holy lord, you're a moron.

As far as the university is concerned, I am a PhD student, that's what the sign outside my office says. As far as the government knows, I am officially an undergrad.

I was a junior engineer at WP. I am an undergrad at The University of Western Australia The concept of a tea boy does not exist in nations that live outside the stone age.

Holy lord, you're a moron.

As far as the university is concerned, I am a PhD student, that's what the sign outside my office says. As far as the government knows, I am officially an undergrad.

An undergrad being employed as an engineer in a professional engineering firm? Australia is setting the bar very high for the rest of the world to follow.

The sign outside your office can say you are a neanderthal and hobgoblin for what I care, what matters is what degree you carry.

Good Lord, the number of liars and sociopaths who are being uncovered today.

I know we are talking about PhD, but then we were also talking about the job opportunities and the package offered in India to our technologists. No I am not comparing PhD student with established scientists unlike your mates here who were.

The one PhD I knew was getting Rs. 18000 as monthly compensation. He was a young boy, living with his parents as Indians generally do, that money was adequate for his stipend.

Stipends in UK US range for PhD students are 13K to 14K and not the 24K you falsely made out to be.
RCUK doctoral stipend levels and indicative fees for 2014 - Research Councils UK

A middle class family needs 2000K in UK per you, so where is this extra 1000K per month for PhD students going to come from?

Also all scientists working for the Indian govt are not PhDs or Post-docs.

Check what i wrote...13-24K./annum(tax free) depending on funding...check for the BHF PhD funding which I am getting.....And for an individual to live in London...is £800/month and other places its far less. I have no idea about US...and WTF is 2000K and all...do you have any idea what "K" stands for .Man you really need to be educated.
Furthermore in UK, students get free treatment, concession in everything including travel, fooding...0 council tax.
British Heart Foundation - Costing salaries and stipends

And your presumption is all PhD students live with their parents...I am done educating you. Please get yourself informed about science.

Last edited:
An undergrad being employed as an engineer in a professional engineering firm? Australia is setting the bar very high for the rest of the world to follow.

The sign outside your office can say you are a neanderthal and hobgoblin for what I care, what matters is what degree you carry.

Good Lord, the number of liars and sociopaths who are being uncovered today.

YES! Outside of India and the rest of the third world, companies hire on MERIT. I was offered the job when fulfilling on a contract for them for the earlier company I used to work for.

Anybody with half a brain knows that undergraduate engineering is easy as heck. There's literally nothing difficult about any of the units I've studied as part of the undergrad course. YOU DON'T NEED A MASTERS DEGREE TO BE A PHD STUDENT.

Do you know the meaning of the word sociopath? If so do you understand its irrelevance in this context?

Quite honestly, I've been called many things in my life. Sociopath, egotistical and at times, a megalomaniac. But my ability has never been questioned, this is quite the first.

@Indrani, other than you, everyone with a single foot in the scientific community has agreed with @Skull and Bones

I'd suggest you take the view of the majority here.

Last edited:
This thread is skyshooting my depression level on epic propotion... The qualifications of you guys makes me wonder what kind of looser I am .., Is there anyone in this group who have a simple graduation certificate and currently jobless?:(:(:(:(

When did you pass out and what graduation have you done ?

Check what i wrote...13-24K./annum(tax free) depending on funding...check for the BHF PhD funding which I am getting.....And for an individual to live in London...is £800/month and other places its far less. I have no idea about US...and WTF is 2000K and all...do you have any idea what "K" stands for .Man you really need to be educated.
Furthermore in UK, students get free treatment, concession in everything including travel, fooding...0 council tax.
British Heart Foundation - Costing salaries and stipends

Hey, we are not just talking of particularly BHF funding right? We were talking in general of all PhDs. The majority fall in the 13K-14K range.

So I need to learn what is 2000K? You will teach me what is K? Moron, it was a typo, because in the same quote I have mentioned 13K and 14K too. Guess I knew what K was all along, Mr. PhD.

Students in India too get concession in travel, food, etc. etc. Plus they pay no taxes.

And your presumption is all PhD students live with their parents...I am done educating you. Please get yourself informed about science.

PhD students in India are generally not married. Again, it is not a blanket statement, but the general trend.

With your deductive and reasoning skill, I worry about the future of science.

Okay let me get this amazing list of positions/jobs you have held in the last 2 years. So you were an engineer, then you became a consultant in WorleyParsons, then you received a "undergraduate" scholarship from RAAF, and from undergraduate scholar you became a PhD student, also working in a start-up R&D firm. Did you not claim to be 20 something year old or was it a teenager still?

Also did you mention earlier in the thread that you have done literature review globally for 3 years? So you started your literature review before you became an engineer, consultant, undergrad, PhD, etc.

With all that you are still an undergrad? Another 1.5 years to go?

So you have no degree to your name still and you are doing PhD and a researcher?

I will answer your question about Skull and Bones once I have understood your status.

@Utkarsh Can you explain this funny scenario.

LOL. Why bother. I am clearly not equipped to handle 21 year old phd students who are yet to complete their graduation but are considered geniuses in their own right. They will be hard pressed to find jobs in India without their daddy's influence. Clearly standards in Australia is not that exacting. :angel:

YES! Outside of India and the rest of the third world, companies hire on MERIT. I was offered the job when fulfilling on a contract for them for the earlier company I used to work for.
Yup, you have merit printed on your *** and based on that they are going to hire an 18 year old as an junior engineer. Now there are earlier companies you had worked for too. Guess you started working as soon as you were born.

Anybody with half a brain knows that undergraduate engineering is easy as heck. There's literally nothing difficult about any of the units I've studied as part of the undergrad course. YOU DON'T NEED A MASTERS DEGREE TO BE A PHD STUDENT.

Yup, that is why at the age of 21, you still do not have a degree to your name. Average people graduate by 21. Guess since you are special, you will graduate by 23.

YOU DON'T NEED A MASTERS DEGREE TO BE A PHD STUDENT.

Apparently in Australia you do not even need to be a graduate to be a PhD student.

Do you know the meaning of the word sociopath? If so do you understand its irrelevance in this context?

Yup, I do. One of their characteristic is of being inveterate liars. Lying for no reason at all.

As to your ability, Sonny you can claim to be Bill Gates on the net and no one would give a fcuk.

LOL. Why bother. I am clearly not equipped to handle 21 year old phd students who are yet to complete their graduation but are considered geniuses in their own right. They will be hard pressed to find jobs in India without their daddy's influence. Clearly standards in Australia is not that exacting. :angel:

Today has been a bad day for Bengalis. All their claims about being the geniuses on PDF are coming undone. Not surprised thought. Dishonesty is the credo of WB.

Yup, you have merit printed on your *** and based on that they are going to hire an 18 year old as an junior engineer. Now there are earlier companies you had worked for too. Guess you started working as soon as you were born.

Yup, that is why at the age of 21, you still do not have a degree to your name. Average people graduate by 21. Guess since you are special, you will graduate by 23.

Apparently in Australia you do not even need to be a graduate to be a PhD student.

Yup, I do. One of their characteristic is of being inveterate liars. Lying for no reason at all.

As to your ability, Sonny you can claim to be Bill Gates on the net and no one would give a fcuk.

I can't do this anymore. You win, India's at the forefront of science, every Indian youngster has all the opportunity in the world to fulfill their dreams.

@Indrani, other than you, everyone with a single foot in the scientific community has agreed with @Skull and Bones

No they have not. Most were too embarrassed to support him. They maintained their silence because they did not want to laugh at him. Halupridol even asked me to not be so self-righteous. He wanted me to make concessions for his human foibles.

You're right. Not sure what I'm trying to prove here. This began as a discussion on the scientific environment in India, it's devolution to one dominated by your sanctimonious behaviour is saddening.

I can't do this anymore. You win, India's at the forefront of science, every Indian youngster has all the opportunity in the world to fulfill their dreams.

Correct me if I am wrong, aren't you the one who had claimed to do bit coin trading and moving into growing coral ?

You're right. Not sure what I'm trying to prove here. This began as a discussion on the scientific environment in India, it's devolution to one dominated by your sanctimonious behaviour is saddening.

Wrong. It began as discussion on the scientific environment in India, but devolved into India bashing by nincompoops and sociopaths. I just set the record straight.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom