What's new

The Indomitable Indian Spirit : Making Impossible to Possible

I see. What is it that you would really like to do ? What is your passion ? What is your dream work ? (not job)

To be frank I didnt yet discovered what my passion is..I do love defence related stuffs but not that knowledgeable like the guys here..

On a Lighter note, I have coined a NEW TERM, let me know what you THINK??

It's called - SEIKOLURIST !!!! :D :enjoy:

@Sidak @JanjaWeed @scorpionx @Indrani @Utkarsh @DRAY @ExtraOdinary @nair @levina :P
What exactly is a seikolorists according to you???

I ask him if he places people in your place or can help. If he does, I would get back to you.
Thank you Sidak ji ☺

To be frank I didnt yet discovered what my passion is..I do love defence related stuffs but not that knowledgeable like the guys here..

What exactly is a seikolorists according to you???

You are 29-30, so chances are some part of you already know what is it that you love doing. You just don't remember.

Why not use this time you have to figure that out ? Remove all this clutter from your mind and take some time out and be with yourself. It will come to you.

Since you have time on hand, I strongly suggest you try Vipasana. That is one very good way to re-discover what you really want out of life.

The clock is ticking and you need to figure it out soon. Otherwise the bus of life will leave without you. I mean that.

We are talking about scientists, right? The lowest level salary in ISRO is 7 lakhs per year. Then they have subsidized housing, free transport, lunch, medical care, etc. etc. So with absolutely no spending on transport and nominal spending on other utilities, this family can easily save 40K per month. If the wife is also in the same organization, it is all saving. All govt employee quarters are huge campuses with plenty of parks, greenery, and all other amenities. Quality of life is leagues ahead of that in UK for these employees.

Even in Delhi/Mumbai in a 1 lakh salary, 60 k can be savings.
Again it's all about perspective, saving $1000 a month, being a top notch scientist may not be feasible for all, but might be perfectly satisfactory for some.

Yes. Literally, all of those things.

I was working part time at an engineering services company here. In my 2nd/3rd year of my undergraduate degree. I left to join WorleyParsons an engineering consultancy where I worked till earlier this year.

About two months into my employment at WP, I was successfully accepted into this program:
ADF Education: Defence University Sponsorship - Defence Jobs Australia

I'm still an undergraduate but I was accepted as PhD candidate because of a manuscript I presented to the Dean on mechanism theory.

My supervisor who started his R&D firm, asked me to join. Which I did. As work progressed here, I realised I didn't want the commitment of the 4 years of post-graduate work I would have to do for the RAAF and backed out. I had to repay the scholarship money.

I won't be awarded my PhD until I have received my undergraduate. Technically I'm not officially enrolled in the course. I'm working through an arrangement with the university. Once I graduate from my undergrad. I'll be enrolled and my supervisor will float my PhD. I'll probably officially be a PhD candidate for a few short hours/days.

Yes I'm 21 years old. And I've been working on my research since I was about 18. That is when I began my literature review.

I'm sorry you have so much difficulty coming to terms with all of this.

Oh did I mention I am also an avid fitness enthusiast.
Very Impressive indeed bro....

Again it's all about perspective, saving $1000 a month, being a top notch scientist may not be feasible for all, but might be perfectly satisfactory for some.

I said that is the pay at entry level and they need not be PhD's either.

Last edited:
I think it is the time you leave us "Sickulars" alone, and concentrate on your core strength...... Trolling BD section......:P

What happened to him? Did you sickulars piss him off? He does seem to be veering more towards us chaddi terrorists.

Check what i wrote...13-24K./annum(tax free) depending on funding...check for the BHF PhD funding which I am getting.....And for an individual to live in London...is £800/month and other places its far less. I have no idea about US...and WTF is 2000K and all...do you have any idea what "K" stands for .Man you really need to be educated.
Furthermore in UK, students get free treatment, concession in everything including travel, fooding...0 council tax.
British Heart Foundation - Costing salaries and stipends

And your presumption is all PhD students live with their parents...I am done educating you. Please get yourself informed about science.

In US, it varies for a wide range depending on the university. In UB, stipends vary from 1600-2400 depending on the department and RA/TA/GA you're getting. Few of my friends in other universities like UMass, Amherst getting 3000, i have even heard people getting close to 70-80k per year in Stanford, Berkeley, (including dean's scholarship, RA/TA stipend).

Giriyeke ari polaise sage....ha ha ha. Suwali thik hoi ase roba...fellowship eta apply korisu. Ebar confirm hoi gole oha bohagot biya.
borhiya!
moiu pise thik hoi ase buliye bhabisilu :D
biya axomot hole matiba :)

Tumar plan ki pise...
plan hol post graduate degree course eta join kora,,,last time entrnce.exam bhal nohol,,,eku clinical subject napalu,,,so opted out,,,sau eibar Ki hoi....napau Judi axom goi kunuba bhitorua gaot NRHM join korim bappeke :p:
bhal pua ejoni asile,,,beessed hol.....but i guess that's life.

This thread is skyshooting my depression level on epic propotion... The qualifications of you guys makes me wonder what kind of looser I am .., Is there anyone in this group who have a simple graduation certificate and currently jobless?:(:(:(:(

I will keep you company.

I have average motivation, average intelledct and average self-discipline.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom