What's new

The Great Game Changer: Belt and Road Intiative (BRI; OBOR)

Man this guy is showing all the signs of foolishness. I am with him when it comes to drug war but he is becoming reckless.

:
More like he is doomed if u continue's his pontless alliance with the US. Pivoting to China is a pragmatic decision

Last edited by a moderator:
i
More like he is doomed if u continue's his pontless alliance with the US. Pivoting to China is a pragmatic decision
Loosing its claim over SC sea is pragmatic? I am not sure. Please elaborate

Last edited by a moderator:

Well that's what Hong Kong people are for. How are those student leaders working?

You know I am a Hong Konger right? :lol:

Tell me, what has the "mutual defence treaty" between the USA and the Philippines done for them?

When China was seizing territory from the Philippines in 2012, what did America do?

Nothing. They didn't even sanction China for $0.01, that's how much their "mutual defence treaty" is worth to them.

But now Duterte can come and negotiate directly with China. Our claims in the SCS are up for negotiation, as long as the other side is reasonable. (Much better than just losing it anyway under an alliance with the US.)

There is just one problem, US is not reasonable. When we went to Afghanistan or Iraq or Libya. You get it. Right?

Yeah I remember the USA invaded 3 countries in the past decade alone.

And you wonder why Duterte wants nothing to do with the USA anymore. :lol:

Under their alliance with the USA, China was actively seizing territory from them, while America ignored their own mutual defence treaty. You can't blame them for thinking that is a bad deal.

You know I am a Hong Konger right? :lol:

Tell me, what has the "mutual defence treaty" between the USA and the Philippines done for them?

When China was seizing territory from the Philippines in 2012, what did America do?

Nothing. They didn't even sanction China for $0.01, that's how much their "mutual defence treaty" is worth to them.

But now Duterte can come and negotiate directly with China. Our claims in the SCS are up for negotiation, as long as the other side is reasonable. (Much better than just losing it anyway under an alliance with the US.)
Now the sane answer, they will not back out of the treaty. And yes we need their -- what? We give them a lot in lieu for the bases there.

Well that's what Hong Kong people are for. How are those student leaders working?

like the other poster said, how do u lose somethign when it's never yours in the first place. Clearly Duterte knows this deep within. Hence, hes smart to pivot to China in return for the massive incoming Chinese infrastruture investments in the PH(like the railroad projects)

Yeah I remember the USA invaded 3 countries in the past decade alone.

And you wonder why Duterte wants nothing to do with the USA anymore. :lol:

Under their alliance with the USA, China was actively seizing territory from them, while America ignored their own mutual defence treaty. You can't blame them for thinking that is a bad deal.
What territory are you claiming? South China Sea?

Philippines's president has accused the United States Holocaust Philippines

83aa9fde0ccf2e7d36bc43f2e9ff5e6d.jpg

So he wants to negotiate with China, not the United States
china isn't going to negotitate over the 9 dash line. it's either submit or be conquered.

china is going to do what it wants no matter what. Duterte and the Phillphines aren't equals to China on this issue.

Yeah I remember the USA invaded 3 countries in the past decade alone..
Because the US arms dealers want to make more money.:coffee::D

china isn't going to negotitate over the 9 dash line. it's either submit or be conquered.

china is going to do what it wants no matter what. Duterte and the Phillphines aren't equals to China on this issue.
Therefore, in this issue, the United States can not play a role. Philippines can only negotiate with China

Back
Top Bottom