What's new

The effectiveness of Bayraktar tb2 drones in Karabakh war

The question that keeps me up at night is what is the counter to such a system. We can't expect the opponent to not see the same things that we see.

As a counter, you want an air defense option that can detect and engage out to 40 km at 6 km altitude for less than a million dollars per successful shot. I don't know what this system looks like. Before anyone says Pantsir - obviously this system does not meet the aforementioned parameters. The challenges are two-fold:
  1. Detection of a small target at ranges out to 40-50 km without needing a huge power-hungry radar. Perhaps some kind of modern AESA solution. I don't know. You also need to track at those ranges. Tracking and detection are pretty different things, obviously.
  2. Destroying the target at that range. Missile? Lasers? Rocket-Jet hybrid cheap missile something? I don't know.

Air defence network of MANPADS static and mobile on company or battalion level. Revive Anza-3 series development on a Mobil platform like a pick up truck, With multi missile launcher tubes, and machine guns. Something like a US AN/TWQ-1 Avenger but made and developed in Pakistan.

Air defence network of MANPADS static and mobile on company or battalion level. Revive Anza-3 series development on a Mobil platform like a pick up truck, With multi missile launcher tubes, and machine guns. Something like a US AN/TWQ-1 Avenger but made and developed in Pakistan.
MANPADs don't reach out to 40km. Also, the tiny IR seekers don't see out to 40 km either. What you are suggesting is a downgrade of Pantsir, which we already know to be inadequate.

I never understand why does ppl glorify this little drone when f117, global hawk can be taken down by a non equal power like serbia,iran.

Are there any alien tech on this little one which makes the turkish member so confident that it will worked against proper russian forces.
Because they are cheaper and arguably more effective...

The question that keeps me up at night is what is the counter to such a system. We can't expect the opponent to not see the same things that we see.

As a counter, you want an air defense option that can detect and engage out to 40 km at 6 km altitude for less than a million dollars per successful shot. I don't know what this system looks like. Before anyone says Pantsir - obviously this system does not meet the aforementioned parameters. The challenges are two-fold:
  1. Detection of a small target at ranges out to 40-50 km without needing a huge power-hungry radar. Perhaps some kind of modern AESA solution. I don't know. You also need to track at those ranges. Tracking and detection are pretty different things, obviously.
  2. Destroying the target at that range. Missile? Lasers? Rocket-Jet hybrid cheap missile something? I don't know.

The TB2s are BBQing Russian Pantsir systems

MANPADs don't reach out to 40km. Also, the tiny IR seekers don't see out to 40 km either. What you are suggesting is a downgrade of Pantsir, which we already know to be inadequate.
40km is the distance from where the Drones can target and mark their targets ?

Should the TB2 next time wait until the SAM become operational to make it more fair? 😀
This Drones are operated from Poland or are from the polish inventory right ?

Should the TB2 next time wait until the SAM become operational to make it more fair? 😀

What the maximum range from where this drones can take out their targets and from which maximum height they can operate mark and take out their targets and at what maximum speed they do all that ?

I think Russians know how effective UAVs are against ground troops. They may not have very effective countermeasures so they are just trying to tough it through.

those are just rumours but Poland ordered 24 systems and didn’t receive them yet. Today they asked if its possible to deliver it earlier. Probably Turkey will send some operational ones.

TB2 can be hiddin in 10m2 with folded wings and it need just 200m road to take off. I don’t think it is needed to use polish territory.

I think Russians know how effective UAVs are against ground troops. They may not have very effective countermeasures so they are just trying to tough it through.

Very much it, huge column west of kiyv been crawling through woods under fire for more than a say, and they just kept going.

Kiyv defense seem to have run of heavy firepower to rout that column

those are just rumours but Poland ordered 24 systems and didn’t receive them yet. Today they asked for if its possible to deliver it earlier. Probably Turkey will send some operational ones
What the maximum range from where this drones can take out their targets and from which maximum height they can operate mark and take out their targets and at what maximum speed they do all that ?

18,000 Feet Operational Altitude
27 Hours Maximum Airtime
Fully Automatic Flight Control and 3 Redundant Autopilot System (Triple Redundant)
Fully Automatic Landing and Take-off Feature Without Dependence on Ground Systems
Navigation with Internal Sensor Fusion Without Dependency on GPS
25,000 Feet Max Altitude

@Inception-06

Communication Range <300 km
Travel - Maximum Speed 70 knot - 120 knot
Payload Capacity 150 kg
Payload - ISR Switchable EO/IR/LD or Multi-Purpose AESA Radar
Payload - Munitions 4 Laser Guided Smart Ammunition
Fuel Capacity / Type 300 Liters / Gasoline
Takeoff and Landing Track (Automatic)
Maximum Takeoff Weight 700 kg
Endurance 27 Hours