What's new

The effectiveness of Bayraktar tb2 drones in Karabakh war

Which makes me wonder why Turkey went for the S-400 and lost the F-35 deal. This becomes even more crazy when you consider the Turks will have long range SAMs of their own in couple years.

USA was supporting PKK terrorists, they bloecked us at syria, when we buy S400 we balanced against US forces at syria and we pushed them back and its alliances, because USA was threatening us with balistic missiles from under of table.

also this is the strategy to kick out from F35 program without pay any fee but USA has to pay Turkey now. Also we are preparing ourselves kick out from NATO too. NATO has bring Turkey only military coups and has supported all terrorists organizations since we enter in it.

Last edited:
What surprised me is the logistics problems of the Russian Army. Weren't they preparing the invasion for months?
Because the Russians did not actually plan a full-scale invasion and city wars that would last for months. They planned a "special operation" that would last 2-3 days and would result in a change of government. They must have thought that the Ukrainian army would flee immediately and that the people would embrace them.

However, events developed very differently. They're stuck in a swamp right now. If they want to hammer one last nail in their coffins, their action is simple: Bombing cities Aleppo-style indiscriminately. That's when we refer to Ukraine as "Russia's Great Disaster".

minimum 5

It would be incraise with training, maintanince, spare parts and ammunitions...

one MQ-9 140 million dolars TB2 only 5 million ? cmon
Difference between labor costs and R&D, as well a material and doctrine.

The MQ-9 is a bigger drone with a higher payload, and more advanced sensors.

The TB2 is meant to be a workhorse, and easily replaceable.

The Turks fully expect the TB2 to be shot down. The Americans expect the MQ-9 to come back safe and sound.

The Turks fully expect the TB2 to be shot down. The Americans expect the MQ-9 to come back safe and sound.
MQ-9 seems more expensive then F-35 ofc you expect them to come back safe use it atleast for 10 years.

minimum 5

It would be incraise with training, maintanince, spare parts and ammunitions...

one MQ-9 140 million dolars TB2 only 5 million ? cmon
That's right, someone claimed it to be $1 million that's why i said $5 and that's basic without ammo etc.

Last edited:
Because the Russians did not actually plan a full-scale invasion and city wars that would last for months. They planned a "special operation" that would last 2-3 days and would result in a change of government. They must have thought that the Ukrainian army would flee immediately and that the people would embrace them.

However, events developed very differently. They're stuck in a swamp right now. If they want to hammer one last nail in their coffins, their action is simple: Bombing cities Aleppo-style indiscriminately. That's when we refer to Ukraine as "Russia's Great Disaster".
Either this or Putin has a different plan or endgame.

actually i know what is the diffences between TB2 and MQ9 but when we look at the battle field we only see success of TB2 while MQ9 has more capacity.

Thats why i compared their prices, TB2 is so so cheap to compare its battle field success.

That's right, some guy claimed it to be $1 million that's why i said $5 and that's basic without ammo etc.

i think we cant know its exact price right now already it is engine, flir and payload capacity increased.

MANPADs don't reach out to 40km. Also, the tiny IR seekers don't see out to 40 km either. What you are suggesting is a downgrade of Pantsir, which we already know to be inadequate.
If I am not mistaking. The engagement range of TB2 is about 15-20Km? Why 40Km then?

If I am not mistaking. The engagement range of TB2 is about 20Km? Why 49Km then?
TB2 strike range is 15 km (soon 30 km) but its detection range of the flir is far more it can detect and lase the target outside the dangerzone for other ground or air assets to take it out.

TB2 strike range is 15 km but its detection range of the flir is far more it can detect and lase the target outside the dangerzone for other ground or air assets to take it out.
Usually laser range finders have 20Km range. So still 15-20Km engagement?

actually i know what is the diffences between TB2 and MQ9 but when we look at the battle field we only see success of TB2 while MQ9 has more capacity.

Thats why i compared their prices, TB2 is so so cheap to compare its battle field success.

i think we cant know its exact price right now already it is engine, flir and payload capacity increased.
If Bayraktar was a US company TB2 would cost atleast $50 million.

Air defence network of MANPADS static and mobile on company or battalion level. Revive Anza-3 series development on a Mobil platform like a pick up truck, With multi missile launcher tubes, and machine guns. Something like a US AN/TWQ-1 Avenger but made and developed in Pakistan.

This coupled with frames on tanks/APC's where you can mount anti jamming equipment, so it's harder to target them.

It is necessary to underline one issue with the Ukraine war:

Turkey is not an enemy of either Russia or Ukraine. We are trying to get closer to both countries on a strategic scale. We want to see both countries as our friends. For this reason, we have done and continue to do whatever we can to prevent this war. We have warned Russia many times about the trap they are trying to get into. In fact, Erdogan himself invited Putin to Istanbul to discuss this issue privately. Our strength was not enough to prevent this war.

The disintegration of Russia does not serve Turkish interests, for reasons such as mountains, which are not the subject here.

On the other hand, Ukraine's special position is of vital importance for Turkey, which is experiencing a huge crisis of confidence with NATO and the Atlantic pact, especially showing itself in the field of national interests, defense, aviation and space.

Neverthless There are no Turkish soldiers in the Ukrainian war. Turkey does not have a hostile attitude towards Russia. We are the only (or one of the very few) NATO country that does not close its airspace to Russia and does not participate in economic sanctions despite incredible pressure.

Due to the nature of Ukraine-Turkey relations, we sell military drones and share their technology to Ukraina. However, these systems are operated there under the Ukrainian flag and with Ukrainian personals.

Turkey has fought the PKK for 40 years. From light weapons to MANPADS, we lost thousands of our people because of the weapons of Russian origin provided to these terrorist organizations. We did not directly blame Russia for these, nor did we take a stand against Russia economically or politically because of them. Therefore, we expect Russia to understand our situation.

Back
Top Bottom