What's new

The effectiveness of Bayraktar tb2 drones in Karabakh war

I know that some profiles in the forum are uncomfortable with the fact that this system type comes to the forefront over the product of a Turkish manufacturer.
Yes,yes,these bstards!

In order to understand the logic of what I am saying, you should look at the relevant topics in the period 2016-20.
I've read before about this in some threads. That apparently some people back in 2016 or earlier didn't think there would be a real Turkish UAV or that they wouldn't be good enough.

As I understand from these video footages, the special operations boat is maneuvering with emergency engine power to avoid being targeted by the tactical UAV. Still, the ship with a beam of 4 meters cannot avoid being hit. The fact that a boat with a top speed of over 45 knots and an extremely low silhouette is so desperade gives reasons for rethinking marine-special operations. Even missile boats outside the appropriate air defense umbrella can be included in this scope.

As I understand from these video footages, the special operations boat is maneuvering with emergency engine power to avoid being targeted by the tactical UAV. Still, the ship with a beam of 4 meters cannot avoid being hit. The fact that a boat with a top speed of over 45 knots and an extremely low silhouette is so desperade gives reasons for rethinking marine-special operations. Even missile boats outside the appropriate air defense umbrella can be included in this scope.
Russians kept talking and talking and all these years they haven't developed an anti-drone system. What did they expect?

And I'm nagging because my country too needs a solution to defend against UCAVs. We should have bought the drone dome yesterday,but we're still talking and talking. If the THK decides to attack,how will they stop Turkish UCAVs? With OSA and Vshorads? And if they attack at Thrace,how will they protect the tanks and AA systems from waves of TB2,Anka,
Aksungur and Akinci??

Russians spent all their money in conventional AA weapons and are getting smashed by UAVs and UCAVs.Töbe töbe!

There is no drone dome yet, only adjustment of current ADS, which creates other problems for defender.

Russians kept talking and talking and all these years they haven't developed an anti-drone system. What did they expect?

And I'm nagging because my country too needs a solution to defend against UCAVs. We should have bought the drone dome yesterday,but we're still talking and talking. If the THK decides to attack,how will they stop Turkish UCAVs? With OSA and Vshorads? And if they attack at Thrace,how will they protect the tanks and AA systems from waves of TB2,Anka,
Aksungur and Akinci??

Russians spent all their money in conventional AA weapons and are getting smashed by UAVs and UCAVs.Töbe töbe!
I can assure you that there is no truly hostile attitude towards Greece on the Turkish side. We want to solve our problems with Greece through negotiations.

When we can transition to a reality where Turkey and Greece have started joint defense industry projects one day, we will leave such concerns behind us.

You are shortsighted, this one can do a nitch against type of drones like tb2, what it cam do detect whlle droped bomb on it.
The TB-2 is just a tactical armed drone that costs probably under 2 million as well. Tb-2, Anka etc all are preliminary solutions that were conceptualized about 15 years ago and implemented almost 10 years ago. The main thing to pay attention to is what issues the Turkish defense industry is currently focusing on and what conditions these studies will reveal in 10 years. If one side is doing system engineering in accordance with the purpose and specilizied doctrines according to unique conditions and using its resources to develop its domestic industry, the other side is increasingly choosing products from catalogs and borrowing from foreign states, and if the demographic and economic gap between them opens; we need to put all the technical details aside a little and find out where the process is going.

Last edited:
I can assure you that there is no truly hostile attitude towards Greece on the Turkish side. We want to solve our problems with Greece through negotiations.
The matter is that such systems are needed now to defend against any enemy attack. As UAVs and UCAVs are becoming more and more common. Remember that even terrorist groups in Syria were using cheap drones to attack Russian forces and Houthis used them against the Saudis. So a country must have some systems against them. I think Israel produces 2 or 3 different such systems. And since we're supposed to buy Spike NLOS,we should order some of those too.

Aksungur and Akinci??

No they did, they cut all communications of ukraine but elon has put starlink satelites to work which russians werent able to disrupt and thats where drones communicate with their operators. Russia isnt fighting ukraine, its fighting NATO. Theres even volunteers anf iam starting to think theyre more than half the ukranian armed forces at this point lol.

Ukrainian army
Bayraktar TB2 SİHA shoots
Russian 9K35 Strela-10 (M)

short-range air defense system.

=================================

================================

1651568190630.png

Last edited:

Aksungur and Akinci??

We will NEVER military attack to Greece. I'm saying again: NEVER EVER!

Because we don't need this. Thats Greeks are already self-destructing.

They're soooo paranoid&idiot that they buy weapons they don't need and go bankrupt. Provoking them just a little bit is all you need. :)

In Napoleon's words, "You should never hinder your opponents when they make mistakes." We will do exactly that!

Last edited:
We will NEVER military attack to Greece. I'm saying again: NEVER EVER!

Because we don't need this. Thats Greeks are already self-destructing.

They're soooo paranoid&idiot that they buy weapons they don't need and go bankrupt. Provoking them just a little bit is all you need. :)

In Napoleon's words, "You should never hinder your opponents when they make mistakes." We will do exactly that!
I suppose we should let the country unguarded then.

Which makes me wonder why Turkey went for the S-400 and lost the F-35 deal. This becomes even more crazy when you consider the Turks will have long range SAMs of their own in couple years.

In the 2016 coupe Turkish air force used f-16 jets. I think they bought the S-400s to prevent such a scenario.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom