What's new

The chapatis (wheat roti) I make are like rubber. What can be done about it?

@Paitoo @-=virus=- @Srinivas @@icecold @SecularNationalist

No laughing matter. It's a problem. Buying outside food daily is expensive, butter is harmful and as I have to feed a diabetic, rice is not an option. The problem is not with flour. The chapatis others make with same flour are just fine.
Add a bit of oil in the dough if nothing is working. Don't knead the dough too dry. Wettish dough is a little difficult to work with, but I don't see any other way out for you. Also make sure the tawa is very hot when you place the chapati on it

@Paitoo @-=virus=- @Srinivas @@icecold @SecularNationalist

No laughing matter. It's a problem. Buying outside food daily is expensive, butter is harmful and as I have to feed a diabetic, rice is not an option. The problem is not with flour. The chapatis others make with same flour are just fine.
its not that hard, man.. you can make a roti

practice makes perfect

I'm surprised no one did a TWSS joke on the latter part of the OP's post.

HCC.jpg

full cooked frozen waali bhi milti hai

The chapatis (wheat roti) I make are like rubber. What can be done about it?

Clarification: Lest some readers misunderstand, let me add that the issue is NOT hardness. I am okay with it. The problem is it becomes like a RUBBER.
Hi,

It is the flour you are using---.

The trouble is that it all depends on the moistening of the atta; if too much, it doesn't hold up to rolling, if too little, it will form rotis, but is liable to get hard on storage.

You clarified that it is not a problem with the rotis being hard, but with them being rubbery. Apparently, you are saying that the rotis become difficult to tear and eat.

Try mixing a bit of milk in the dough? You might have to experiment, using a tiny portion, and gradually increasing it, until it reaches the balance you want.

Most likely reason.

Also, too thick to heat through, remains 'kachcha' inside?

You really know how to hurt a guy.
Joe,

You tried realllllly hard to explain---wellllll.

practice, young padawan

does not make perfect

perfect practice makes perfect

maxresdefault.jpg

I wish it was that simple. Let me repeat what I asked in post #29. Why is it that other people make satisfactory chapatis with same flour?
Hi,

Try adding milk, maybe a little bit oil---an egg maybe---don't make it too soft---.

Use a touch of baking powder in your mix .
Will get rid of the rubbery texture

Back
Top Bottom