What's new

The Bangladesh Development Update: Economy Progressing, but Below Potential

GDP/Captia of Maharsashtra and WB are bigger because they serve whole India through their port. Take the port out of the equation then you will see its advantage is gone.

True, plus Maharashtra has Mumbai, indias biggest commercial centre that also skews the figures. But still they have been ahead of us in GDP per capita for a long while now, though we have been doing better then india only for the last couple of years.

I expect this trend to continue, and the difference to diminish in the next decade or so.

Mostly newspapers, nothing concrete:
http://www.thefinancialexpress-bd.com/old/index.php?ref=MjBfMDJfMjZfMTNfMV85Ml8xNjEyOTE=

But I wasn't the one that came with the claim of $6000 figure. What is your source?
1. you have come up with 1.5 years earlier article, after that lots of thing changed specially the GDP base year changed.
with the change of base year, the GDP size figure changed by about $60 billion USD.
2. Dhaka is most highly earning area than other parts of the country, the income difference is huge. tell me if the Dhaka per capita income is $1,350 USD (about 20 million ppl) then how come the country's over all GDP per capita is $1190 USD ( 159 million ppl)
3. my source? i am first hand witness of Dhaka ppl's income

1. you have come up with 1.5 years earlier article, after that lots of thing changed specially the GDP base year changed.
with the change of base year, the GDP size figure changed by about $60 billion USD.

2. Dhaka is most highly earning area than other parts of the country, the income difference is huge. tell me if the Dhaka per capita income is $1,350 USD (about 20 million ppl) then how come the country's over all GDP per capita is $1190 USD ( 159 million ppl)
3. my source? i am first hand witness of Dhaka ppl's income
It cannot change by five times. May be an increment of 25/30 % but 500% !
And don't say I am first hand witness, put up a proper source.

It cannot change by five times. May be an increment of 25/30 % but 500% !
And don't say I am first hand witness, put up a proper source.
give u simple example:
we have a temporary household servant whose per capita income is exactly $904( left another job, othewise her per capita income would have been $1091 USD)

morever, do you know that Dhaka is most expensive city in South Asia, even than some South East asian cities ?

Last edited:
give u simple example:
we have a temporary household servant whose per capita income is exactly $904( left another job, othewise her per capita income would have been $1091 USD)

morever, do you know that Dhaka is most expensive city in South Asia, even than some South East asian cities ?

Now consider a large population that doesn't works (Children, dependents), consider a big percentage living below poverty (above 30% in some of the links I posted above), the higher incomes cancel out.

Now consider a large population that doesn't works (Children, dependents), consider a big percentage living below poverty (above 30% in some of the links I posted above), the higher incomes cancel out.
again u came up with old data. give u another example, average personal car diver's per capita income $2,000 USD+, what will u say about it ? lol

again u came up with old data. give u another example, average personal car diver's per capita income $2,000 USD+, what will u say about it ? lol
Why don't you post some link to a credible source, and end the debate. We can argue to no end without anything concrete.

Earning good money doesnt ensure better life here :(
I can have better shopping in India and Malaysia than in BD with same money :hang3:

Earning good money doesnt ensure better life here :(
I can have better shopping in India and Malaysia than in BD with same money :hang3:

This runs contradictory to your previous statements!
Not only per capita income is lower than that of India, it is also costly! Why would any Indian immigrate there? This only proves that BDians go to India, they have the incentives...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom