What's new

The 12-Year-Old Who Stopped Our Car And Threw Stones At Us In Kashmir

I feel the best option is to put the state under president rule .

For that to happen BJP needs to withdraw support and before that have a working policy on kashmir if there is any in there mind

Do you know what happend durring PTI sit in against Nawaz sharief government?
They trashed parliament
They trashed national tv building
They beat the crap out of police men

You should get a lesson or two from Nawaz Sharief about how to restrain yourself when faced with such situations. Only one person died in that protest that too bcz of excessive tear gas shelling.

I regret to say that I agree. There are situations when it is better to hunker down and take a beating, than to rise in the full pride of one's manhood and set out to teach people a lesson. They have their own share of such ridiculous sentiments, after all.

My friends from that area have a completely different pov. They feel that popular anger vented itself against the PDP and also against the J&K Police, and is actually less intense now. The PDP is sticking on, knowing that leaving will lead to Governor's Rule, and direct confrontation between the Indian State and the pawns of the Hurriyat (not the Hurriyat itself).
Who else would you expect the people to be angry at?

do you know what happened in Model Town.
or even in recent protest in Bangalore. Despite full backing of Local govt ( resulting in unfortunate instance of burning 100 of vehicle) police opened fire when the protesters attacked a police vehicle. result : 2 dead scores injured.

what was the death toll in 2010 protest ?

Model town is still haunting Nawaz sharief as there is already a case registered against him. Model town incident was a separate incident where both police and protesters died. After which they showed maximum restraint in Islamabad protests.

For that to happen BJP needs to withdraw support and before that have a working policy on kashmir if there is any in there mind
I doubt they have one . the central govt is as clueless as the state on this.

Model town is still haunting Nawaz sharief as there is already a case registered against him. Model town incident was a separate incident where both police and protesters died. After which they showed maximum restraint in Islamabad protests.
here also police opned fire a t the last resort .. when crowd started to attack security forces resulting in death and injury to many.

Who else would you expect the people to be angry at?

Once these intervening elements are out of the way, the central police, the RR and the Army. And, in another sense, all 'Indian' institutions. Including individuals who seem to belong to such institutions. Like your article pointed out; the Muslim cameraman automatically was classified as Hindu.

I regret to say that I agree. There are situations when it is better to hunker down and take a beating, than to rise in the full pride of one's manhood and set out to teach people a lesson. They have their own share of such ridiculous sentiments, after all.

Exactly people have short term memories so they would have probably jumped up and down for couple of days max then life as usual. Instead of showing restraint indian forces gave them one body a day to keep their blood pumping.

They did try to withdraw forces after they figured their screw up but until then it was too late.

Once these intervening elements are out of the way, the central police, the RR and the Army. And, in another sense, all 'Indian' institutions. Including individuals who seem to belong to such institutions. Like your article pointed out; the Muslim cameraman automatically was classified as Hindu.
after that the next in fire line will be lesser Muslims !

I read an article which asked some protesters why were they angry at us , they said we like to cook a snook at the forces.

When children as young as 12 talk like those in the story, there is a serious problem . Everything is not well in Kashmir Valley especially in south Kashmir, where children pelt stones and talk religion. There has been systematic brain washing towards wahhabism. Modi should crackdown heavily on all these Maulvis and brainwashers.

here also police opned fire a t the last resort .. when crowd started to attack security forces resulting in death and injury to many.

No question of last resort.

1. The crowds are unarmed, although I am aware of the grievous injury caused to jawans by stones, and also by bottles; it is a shame that no damn Minister has visited these wounded, but then, I suppose, the available photo-opportunities are far less effective.
2. If the security men withdraw, as their own instinct would tell them to, rather than carry out some stupid bureaucrat's instructions devised in a safe office many thousands of miles away, nothing would happen.

Back
Top Bottom