What's new

TF-X Turkish Fighter & Trainer Aircraft Projects

1662632891010.png

TF-X's helmet has been revealed. ASELSAN is responsible for the development. Heavy Striker II vibes from this.

26_334725_ssdergilik.jpg

26_281884_AA-20221015-29162634-29162632-ASELSANDAN_MILLI_SAVAS_UCAGINA_OZEL_KASK.jpg
It emulates the BAE Striker II in concept, but it still seems like a distinct system in itself. I guess Aselsan might have gotten some BAE consultants to help out, but I'm betting Turkish IP will drive its development.

Heck, there even seems to be an original Turkish oxygen mask program. On first glance, I thought the helmet had the MBU-12, but if you look closer, it's different -- and unique.

@SQ8 @JamD @kursed

Last edited:
It emulates the BAE Striker II in concept, but it still seems like a distinct system in itself. I guess Aselsan might have gotten some BAE consultants to help out, but I'm betting Turkish IP will drive its development.

Heck, there even seems to be an original Turkish oxygen mask program. On first glance, I thought the helmet had the MBU-12, but if you look closer, it's different -- and unique.

@SQ8 @JamD @kursed
Interesting how mask designs are pushing to ones without any horizontal protrusion ala Gentex and others but this one seems to be focusing on it.

The forward fuselage of the TF-X will be transferred to the final assembly line in a very short time. All of the other fuselage parts are nearly complete and will achieve FAL status in the not too distant future. The aircraft in question, is referred to as the Development and Test Aircraft-0 (GTU-0). It will be a fully fledged prototype, contrary to some of the news that was circulating around last year. A lot of systems were developed in Turkey including the canopy (it has been delivered).

Last edited:
Turkey is doin something incredible imo.
Making world class weaponry with far less availible funding resouces than forexample USA, China etc.
I don't even know how they managed to turn that empty hangar into a fully operational assembly line in a month. It's absolutely incredible. And it isn't an empty assembly line either. There is a gigantic aircraft in sections, waiting to be put together.

Any Hürjet news?
Not yet. Maybe towards the end of the year Hürjet's photos will be published. The government wants no photos to be published in order to increase the effect of the election propaganda. They will have them all "on the podium" on the same day. So on March 18.

TAI Establish Radar Cross Section Testing Facility for TF-X MMU Program​

Rolls-Royce Defense Recently Introduced the Newly Designed Orpheus Engine For Tempest and TF-X​

This is awesome. Are we going to have full technology transfer on the engine or are they going to start with this engine and will develop indigenous engines for future versions?

Back
Top Bottom