What's new

TF-X Turkish Fighter & Trainer Aircraft Projects

Considering that we just aren't getting a F35, we're in pretty dire situation imo. our enemies both greece and israel are probably gloating happily now. So we need a solution that won't spit us in the face, and I just don't see any reliable partners in this endeavor.

If USA really decided to not deliver F-35, other plants must fill the gap. With Turkish or with foreign one.

Maybe Turkey should upgrade and refurbish their F 16 into F 16V configuration so that you still have capable air force until you reach 2030. In 2030 you can start replace those F 16 with better fighter since there will be many five generation fighters are in the market which is on par with F 35, including TFX.

Last edited:
Maybe Turkey should upgrade and refurbish their F 16 into F 16V configuration so that you still have capable air force until you reach 2030. In 2030 you can start replace those F 16 with better fighter since there will be many five generation fighters are in the market which is on par with F 35, including TFX.

Pardon to say so, but by 2030 there won't be many, in fact besides the F-35 at best a serial FC-31.

Turkey can not wait for the TF-X until 2035

Greece = 85 F-16 Viper by 2022 .. also Greece may buy 30 F-35A and Greece modernize 40 Mirage 2000s
Egypt = 200 F-16C/D + 36 Rafale + 50 MIG-29M2
even I am not talking about France who called on Turkey to stop its gas exploration in the Eastern Mediterranean

Turkey should buy Fighter Jet
the best alternative is SU-57
85 SU-57 to replace 47 F-4 TERMINATOR and 35 F-16 Block30 between 2022 and 2028

SU-57 easly can match with F-16 Viper , F-35 , Rafale and MIG-29M2

btw Turkey to buy more 4 Batteries S-400 Air Defense System instead of American PATRIOT

@MMM-E , Turkey better not buy anything instead of wasting money on the piece of Russian junk named Su-57. The plane is not even a real 5th generation fighter, it is definitely not a stealth plane and most importantly it has many technical issues that Russians can’t solve.
O yeah... and it is not in serial production and considering how things go it may never ever be.

Stop living in a fantasy world. Now go and spam on videos on YouTube about how Turkey will be BEST in Europe with a crippled Air Force and an aging fleet.

Yeeeeah!
Let's replace our fighter bomber (F-4) and F-16 Block30 which are the ones who get upgraded in Özgür project with Russian air-superiority fighter which is btw not even near to serial production let alone it's engine.

Only short term solution is speeding up Hürjet and Özgür project or get a squadron of Typhoons.

You ask for a equal replacement for your old offtrack SUV (F-4) but the car seller shows you a sports car (SU-57) instead, what a logic.

The US and Israel have decided to change military balance between Turkey and Greece
since 2013 Turkey can not buy even pistol from the US on the other hand the US and the EU will help Greece to get sophisticated weapons

and forget about the TF-X with BAE Systems and GE-F110 Engine
the UK and France also against Turkey in Syria and in the Eastern Mediterranean

Turkey needs Air superiority Fighter Jet to match with Greek F-16 Viper , Egyptian Rafale , Israeli F-15 in the region .... even I am not talking about F-35

Turkey can not wait for the TF-X until 2035

SU-57 has only stealth technology problem , nothing else
and in 2020 Russia start mass production of SU-57

Russian SU-57 easly can kick F-16 Viper , Rafale and F-15
also SU-57 has air to ground attack capability and far better than garbage F-4 and pathetic F-16
also Turkey should buy KH-31 air launched super sonic anti ship missile to use by SU-57
and there is a potential for using Turkish software , IFF System and Electronics on SU-57 as like Turkey did it on S-400

also Russia can help Turkey to develop the TF-X ( super cruise technology ) and Turbofan Engine

HURJET is light attack Jet and has no chance against Greek and Israeli F-16s , Egyptian Rafale and MIG-29M2
and Turkey can not buy Fighter Jet from Europe because of gas issue in the Eastern Mediterranean

Turkey is happy not to spend $40 billion for American control useless F-35s between 2020 and 2050
F-16s can use instead of F-4s air to ground attack mission , also Turkish UCAVs are on the way
and OZGUR Project is joke with old F-16 Block30s ( F16 Block30 ların gövde ömürü bitmiş , her yere para bulunuyor iş Hava Kuvvetlerine Ülke savunmasına gelince hurdalarla ugraşıyoruz )

Turkey needs supercar for ultimate race in the region
S400 acil ihtiyac olarak satın alındı , SU-57 de acil ihtiyac
Türkiye Suriye ve Akdenizde kaybederse , gelecek 100 yılını kaybeder
2035 e kadar TF-X bekle dur . o da hizmete girerse , civatasına kadar 100% milli olması gerekecek zira ABD-Avrupa bu saatten sonra Türkiyeye civata bile vermez

and who cares about you who lives in American dream ? Nobody

ERDOGAN bought S-400 and He will buy Russian Fighter Jet if the US block sale of F35 to Turkey

Last edited:
@MMM-E , Turkey better not buy anything instead of wasting money on the piece of Russian junk named Su-57. The plane is not even a real 5th generation fighter, it is definitely not a stealth plane and most importantly it has many technical issues that Russians can’t solve.
O yeah... and it is not in serial production and considering how things go it may never ever be.

Stop living in a fantasy world. Now go and spam on videos on YouTube about how Turkey will be BEST in Europe with a crippled Air Force and an aging fleet.
he is even on liveuamap spamming comments

In all honesty I'd be happy if we get SU-57's. There's no point waiting for a reversal of the F-35 cancellation. The damage has been done. If we don't buy SU-57s as soon as possible then in a few years our enemies will have a much better air force than us.

Of course we should work on our own fighter. However it won't be ready for another decade. We should buy SU-57'S, and simultaneously work on our fighter and drone programs.

Don't forget that Russia stated that they would like to work with us on future fighter projects. So we could end up building the TFX with their help. Trust me they are our only hope. The west will only waste our time then cancel in the last minute.

The one thing that kinda disappoints me is the fact that we won't be getting F35-Bs for our LHDs. Hopefully we can find an alternative.

In all honesty I'd be happy if we get SU-57's. There's no point waiting for a reversal of the F-35 cancellation. The damage has been done. If we don't buy SU-57s as soon as possible then in a few years our enemies will have a much better air force than us.

Of course we should work on our own fighter. However it won't be ready for another decade. We should buy SU-57'S, and simultaneously work on our fighter and drone programs.

Don't forget that Russia stated that they would like to work with us on future fighter projects. So we could end up building the TFX with their help. Trust me they are our only hope. The west will only waste our time then cancel in the last minute.

The one thing that kinda disappoints me is the fact that we won't be getting F35-Bs for our LHDs. Hopefully we can find an alternative.

There is no such thing as buying “SU-57” as soon as possible” because as I said above the plane has many unsolved issues and is not in serial production nor it will be anytime soon.

Russia has never been an never will be our friend or ally, you guys should understand that and if you can’t just go and learn some history. It’s not like Russians can’t play games like putting kill switches, deliver downgraded weapons or stop deliveries of tech and spare parts etc.

In the short and medium run we will still be able to have a formidable Air Force but we need a strategy for the future. The only choice we have is to invest as much as we can in developing our own capabilities and to never rely on our enemies for anything. Our Hurjet, TFX, Drones and missile programs should be accelerated as much as possible. Reverse engineer everything you can put your hands on. Steal as much as you can from foreign countries etc.

There is no such thing as buying “SU-57” as soon as possible” because as I said above the plane has many unsolved issues and is not in serial production nor it will be anytime soon.

Russia has never been an never will be our friend or ally, you guys should understand that and if you can’t just go and learn some history. It’s not like Russians can’t play games like putting kill switches, deliver downgraded weapons or stop deliveries of tech and spare parts etc.

In the short and medium run we will still be able to have a formidable Air Force but we need a strategy for the future. The only choice we have is to invest as much as we can in developing our own capabilities and to never rely on our enemies for anything. Our Hurjet, TFX, Drones and missile programs should be accelerated as much as possible. Reverse engineer everything you can put your hands on. Steal as much as you can from foreign countries etc.

You made some good points however slightly off. I'll explain later.

Turkey needs nukes simple as that.

Start building powerful and destructive bombs.

By this rate Turkey will be isolated by everybody in this God damn world.

Iman Gucu means nothing if you cant back it up with anything. Being a fanatical, zealous and a brutal soldier means nothing when technology changes the scales of war.

• Özgür project is mainly for modernizing Block 30/40.
  • SU-57 is not ready for serial production.
  • SU-57's engine called "Izdeliye 30" is available after 2020.
  • Russia will buy 75 SU-57 until 2028, the export variant was announced this year.
I think you don't realize that Russia is not able to deliver before 2025.

We need to speed up NAVY and AIR FORCE projects immediately, with modernized F-16 fleet and future SAM system we can defend ourself in the E.Mediterranean pretty well for now.

Syria is lost, isn't that obvious? We should finish off PKK and start talks with Damascus also with Lebanon, Libya is muuuch more important than Syria.
We gathered to many enemies, by making bad foreign policies, fact.

Turkey needs nukes simple as that.

Start building powerful and destructive bombs.

By this rate Turkey will be isolated by everybody in this God damn world.

Iman Gucu means nothing if you cant back it up with anything. Being a fanatical, zealous and a brutal soldier means nothing when technology changes the scales of war.
As long as we have them, you have them.

• Özgür project is mainly for modernizing Block 30/40.
  • SU-57 is not ready for serial production.
  • SU-57's engine called "Izdeliye 30" is available after 2020.
  • Russia will buy 75 SU-57 until 2028, the export variant was announced this year.
I think you don't realize that Russia is not able to deliver before 2025.

We need to speed up NAVY and AIR FORCE projects immediately, with modernized F-16 fleet and future SAM system we can defend ourself in the E.Mediterranean pretty well for now.

Syria is lost, isn't that obvious? We should finish off PKK and start talks with Damascus also with Lebanon, Libya is muuuch more important than Syria.
We gathered to many enemies, by making bad foreign policies, fact.
Bad foreign policy:
Neutral with Assad? Killer of half a million of his own people.
No objection to Sisi? Came to power in a Coup. Imprisoned and killed elected leader.
Who started Hostility with the UAE and Saudi?
We should be friend's with Israel?
Libya, we should take Haftar's side?
Please I would like you to explain the bad foreign policies.

SU-57 serial production has been delayed until 2020, so realistically we could acquire them in the next few years. Both F35 and SU-57 do have issues. Many F-35s have fallen out of the sky. SU-57s design may need a more tweeks. Regardless, I'd personally prefer the SU-57 as it's built for a clear purpose (air superiority) while still maintaining the ability to hit ground and naval targets. Meanwhile the F35 is trying to do everything yet doesn't really excel at anything. It's not a good fighter or bomber. I admit. It looks sleek and I'd love for us to have the naval variant. However I'd say the SU-57 is a different league. It's supposed to complete with the F22, don't forget that.

Now to address your distrust of Russia. If Ataturk lived another 10 years then I am confident that we would have had our own fighter jets today. We would be a fully independent superpower. However as we know Menderes had made us reliant on the USA and closed down our plane factories.

Now I'm not a diehard fan of Russia. However we need to work with them for several key reasons.
  • America is literally funding and protecting our enemies in Syria
  • Russia needs allies. We are in a second cold war. Russia knows that it needs allies in order to stand up against western aggression. Because of this they would make for much better partners than America.
  • Partnership with Russia means that our Turkic brothers both in Russia and in central Asia are better off. The west is powerful because they have made peace with each other and therefore can focus on working together for their own benefits. If you are at war with your neighbors then you are doomed. A Eurasian union would be a game changer.
  • If we want to speed up our defense projects then cooperation with Russia would be beneficial because of they are willing and able to provide technology transfers. Trust me they won't waste our time like the west.

This is just my unbiased opinion. You talk about how we had wars with Russia. That is true. However we need to work with them if we are to succeed. Don't forget that a large portion of Russia's population is Turkic and even their Defense ministry is a Tuvan Turk. Together we work for our mutual benefit instead of being treated like shit by the same people who want tl establish k*rdistan.

Russia needs us and we need them.

When people think of warrior nations they always think of Russians and Turks. Imagine what an alliance between the two can achieve.

Edit: Okay I might be wrong about serial production. SU-57s might take ages...

Edit 2: Russia just offered us SU-35s. Russia is eagar to pull us in just as I said. They're desperate for new allies. Thag being said SU-35s aren't an alternative to F35s....

Last edited:

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom