What's new

Ten Pakistani Universities Ranked Among Top 300 in Asia in 2014

Being famous from something has little impact on QS's ranking...Its more concerned with the research output and quality of faculty. I have seen Universities stuffed with PhDs from middle and lower tier universities of France, China, UK, Turkey, Austria, Australia and State Universities of US (Which I still rank far better than the junk around)......Plus the natural tendency and potential of research in a specific discipline is also an important consideration. You would see little research output in Business schools than Engineering and School of Medicine. This is where the universities like LUMS/IBA lag behind than general universities like QAU/NUST.

//
I can't say about other universities, but at my time we had professors/researchers from MIT, Georgia Tech, ANU, NUS, Tshingua just to name a few. We also had people from middle and lower ranking universities as you mentioned. But the quality of their research was visibly different from top university PhDs.
//
LUMS SSE was actually caught in no-man's land. The purpose of school was to produce people who could move to PhD rather than go straight to the industry but they couldn't target the right lot.

//
That's a big problem. People flock to industry without giving academia a chance.
//

Same thing, being famous doesn't mean being ranked top

I am now preparing for my PhD....But there are 100000+ universities where I won't even file my application because that would be a waste of my 3-5 years. However, universities in Pakistan don't recognize that....A PhD from Ivy league is paid similar or only slightly higher than a PhD from an annonymous university in central Asia or East Europe. All people thus care is to have a PhD....

Good luck man! Make us proud :)

If you don't mind answering here, what is your field of interest?

Edit: I messed up the quote, now my replies are inside.

That's pretty impressive. I have no doubt the students from these universities have a bright future ahead of them. Pakistan has so much to offer and it's un

Ali Khan
Digital Engagement Team, USCENTCOM

Good luck man! Make us proud :)

If you don't mind answering here, what is your field of interest?

Edit: I messed up the quote, now my replies are inside.
Financial Engineering and Economics....

We indeed have to thank Musharaf for that. before him no one payed any attention. Also for free media, Mushy thank you.

And also for current energy crisis....lol

Yes with the foundation laid by PPP and PMLN both from 1988 to 2001 and that is 13years of musical chair of kursi-nama and don't care about Pakistan and Pakistani

50 University from Japan & 47 from Korea, wow.. these both states are pretty small yet grooming very fast. If our kids get same education then i guess we can beat any country.

being 4th generation of educated family (& 2nd for masters) i am expecting much out of my son, if this progress continues.

Ha Ha we already beat you guys :cheers:

Last edited:
which we? Where r u from?

Pakistan but we are well educated family and my forefathers migrated from Baghdad and Orangzab Alamgir make my great great grand father Qazi-ul-hind (Chief justice of hind) and we are laws and orders since eight generation's my great grand father was LLB, my grand father was LLB & MA English and my father was LLB and MA philosophy and i am MBA in IT

Pakistan but we are well educated family and my forefathers migrated from Baghdad and Orangzab Alamgir make my great great grand father Qazi-ul-hind (Chief justice of hind) and we are laws and orders since eight generation's my great grand father was LLB, my grand father was LLB & MA English and my father was LLB and MA philosophy and i am MBA in IT
Well, my forefathers were bussinessmen, English education reached to punjab/KPK only in 1870s, and my father's grand father study middle only, but my grand father become LPS doctor, he is used be only 2nd doctor in mardan, other doctor was dr ikram who is pretty aged now, my grand died only after win elections in 1963 at Mardan. My father did MSc botany, and i am MCS +MSc in Information Security.

Well, my forefathers were bussinessmen, English education reached to punjab/KPK only in 1870s, and my grand father study middle only, but my grand father become LPS doctor, he is used be only 2nd doctor in mardan, other doctor was dr ikram who is pretty aged now, my grand died only after win elections in 1963 at Mardan. My father did MSc botany, and i am MCS +MSc in Information Security.
  1. My great great grand father was study LLB from Calcutta and they become judge in India somewhere and my great grand father was study LLB from Calcutta then become judge in Balasore, India and grand father did LLB from Calcutta and did practice in Calcutta and then Karachi and my father did LLB from SM law and they master from KU

1. My great great grand father was study LLB from Calcutta and they become judge in India somewhere and my great grand father was study LLB from Calcutta then become judge in Balasore, India and grand father did LLB from Calcutta and did practice in Calcutta and then Karachi and my father did LLB from SM law and they master from KU
Good you won.

Will make sure my next generation wont fail :)

Back
Top Bottom