What's new

Taliban Capture Wakhan District

Better to have a tunnel between Chitral and Tajikistan then to control the actual territory, and have to deal with potential conflicts later on. Either way, I doubt the Afghans, no matter who they are, won’t want to lose the transit fees of cargo between Pakistan and Central Asia.

How?

If the Swiss can do it through the alps, I assume something similar could be done between Chitral (KPK) and Tajikistan. But like I said, the Afghans won’t agree to it for fear of loss of transit fees, so it’s DOA (Dead on Arrival)

If this capture includes the famed Pansheer Valley where the famed 'Lion of Panjsheer' and the Afghan National Hero Ahmad Shah Masood kept the last pocket of resistance against the Talibans up to 9/11, then WOW!

And enough of the talk about the Wakhan Corridor! Look at the geography of that corridor--hint: Look up northern Chitral Valley in Pakistan. It's formidable land, very costly to develop. Both regions! And they should be left alone: Beautiful peaceful primitive regions. Besides, if Talibans couldn't even accept the Durand Line then why would they accept giving up the Wakhan Corridor??

Best is to have Afghanistan be divided along ethnic lines with the Pashtun belt in a strong alliance with Pakistan. Pakistan gets the connectivity to Central Asia--or at least to Tajikistan--after some territorial adjustments in the new entities. It is a fair solution once set aside ill-conceived ideas like Afghanistan is actually a 'nation'.

Anyway, unless the regional players (Russia, China, Pakistan, Iran, Turkey) come up with a long term solution to end the turmoil in Afghanistan, I really think a division of Afghanistan is the only solution for all--including for 'Afghans' themselves.

Having a symbolic border in some of the tallest mountains in the world won't magically improve trade, even the Khujrab pass with China is closed for 6 to 8 months a year.

it’s not a great surprise “ we all knew this was going to happen Kabul collapse

This shows that People of Afghan wants Taliban rule.

8C08FAD3-4B0A-4339-9D87-3990F1434CEB.jpeg
No need of this wakkhan anymore for time being.China doing a great favour to Pakistan by implementing BRI

View attachment 760186No need of this wakkhan anymore for time being.China doing a great favour to Pakistan by implementing BRI

True Wakhan is not essential to the BRI but only benefits Pakistan access to central Asia but PK still has access to Wakhan whether it owns it or not via Afghanistan

U.K. , will never let Afghan wakhan corridor to be lost. A good reason why brits did it.

True Wakhan is not essential to the BRI but only benefits Pakistan access to central Asia but PK still has access to Wakhan whether it owns it or not via Afghanistan
For which purpose we need Wakhan corridor instead we can use BRI route for Pakistan which is already develop.wakhan is difficult to develop need a lot of money which we don’t have now.

For which purpose we need Wakhan corridor instead we can use BRI route for Pakistan which is already develop.wakhan is difficult to develop need a lot of money which we don’t have now.

There is no use in Wakhan for BRI I already said.. BRI lines are already ethbalished and Wakhan plays no role nor is there need for it within BRI road lanes..

Last edited:
If the Swiss can do it through the alps, I assume something similar could be done between Chitral (KPK) and Tajikistan. But like I said, the Afghans won’t agree to it for fear of loss of transit fees, so it’s DOA (Dead on Arrival)

will need a huge tunnel boring machine(s) for that, will be very very expensive for a country like ours. not worth it at all.

There is no use in Wakhan for BRI I already said.. BRI lines are already ethbalished and Wakhan plays no role nor is there need for it within BRI road lanes..
BRI route for Pakistan to do business with Central Asia instead of wakhan or afghanistan

BRI route for Pakistan to do business with Central Asia instead of wakhan or afghanistan

What is wrong with you mann.. I have already agreed with you and told you that wakhan has nothing to do with BRI.. You have repeated the same reply.. I know the road map and their routes Wakhan was never part of it.. I agreed with you from the first time

Wakhan corridor possession, Im guessing means we can exclude Afghanistan and by pass it if that is possible , and becomes our main alternative secured trade route for us!

Back
Top Bottom