What's new

Taliban Capture Wakhan District

Afghanistan should sell this area to pakistan.

Not sell but negotiate a reasonable territory swap that is conducive to both nations for a positive future.

The territory swaps of the past with China and Iran have given Pakistan seven decades of peace on those two borders.

Last edited:
Considering, that was the only area which was never occupied by Taliban before, it is a miracle. Where would Dustom go? Ahmed Shah is dead but what about his lieutenants? Don't they belong to Pnajsheer valley?

Considering, that was the only area which was never occupied by Taliban before, it is a miracle. Where would Dustom go? Ahmed Shah is dead but what about his lieutenants? Don't they belong to Pnajsheer valley?
Ahmed shah son is back from London and is organizing militia.

Ahmed shah son is back from London and is organizing militia
did his son has all the tribal support? and lcoals? and his uncles?
If he was alienated by living long enough in foreign land, he will be replaced.

did his son has all the tribal support? and lcoals? and his uncles?
If he was alienated by living long enough in foreign land, he will be replaced.
He do have support in his area. Folks are gathering under him. He is leading anti-Taliban resistant group for his area. He was on the news recently.

The wakan corridor is an area of exceptional beauty. Tourism would be amazing and access to neighbouring countries. I don't think anyone will sell land anymore
Pakistan could have easily squeeze that area out of Afghanistan using refugees leverage and some political bribery. Per idher tu bigli aur gas manage nhi ho rahi.
Afghanistan should sell this area to pakistan.

I would bill Afghan $100 billion for hosting 3 million refugees for 40 years, than capture their land until bill is paid. or ask them to hands over natural reserves (mines).

Last edited:
Why not just a road through the area ?
The problem with road as i see is afghanistan is not a really pro pakistan country, most people live in rural areas, have old traditions, nationalism is at its peak and hold grudges against pakistan so they will always use route through Afghanistan as a political tool. Better is to bypass Afghanistan through any and every means possible.

The problem with road as i see is afghanistan is not a really pro pakistan country, most people live in rural areas, have old traditions, nationalism is at its peak and hold grudges against pakistan so they will always use route through Afghanistan as a political tool. Better is to bypass Afghanistan through any and every means possible.
Maybe then Pakistan need to work to change that perception.

Back
Top Bottom