What's new

Taliban announce interim government; Mohammad Hasan Akhund to be PM, Baradar deputy PM

The US and EU will recognize them because they don't want ISKP to come to power or gain foothold. This is key for them which is why they will recognize them and engage them and the same reason why everyone else will recognize them to keep the neighbourhood because IEA has made assurances to most in the region and internationally so there is no reason ailenate IEA

I wish you are correct. But it is virtually impossible for any American President to look 'soft' on Taliban. The ISIS-K vs Taliban animosity has been hyped up in the Western media since the suicide attack at the Kabul Airport, to 'sell' the Taliban to the public. But Taliban, by announcing a govt like this, has limited the political-space even more for the West.

1) Pakistan is probably given the role to manage the security / terrorism inside Afghanistan, including against ISIS-K. America doesn't need to work with the Taliban directly. Indeed, before 9/11, Pakistan's ISI and CIA were working together against Al Qaida in Afghanistan and I believe the missiles launched to kill Bin Laden in Afghanistan was from that cooperation.
2) Making commercial deals / trade with a govt like the Taliban through the established banking channels certainly makes a country target for UN and American sanctions should America decides so.

But we will find out pretty soon what kind of 'real deals', if any, were made in the Doha Talks...

you are surviving as a country because we have corrupt but sane leaders - to thrive you need just sane leaders

Think through stuff,
if you want to turn Pak into a complete failed state- bring em on

shitculars over monkey brained Zaid Hamid fanboys anyday, everyday

Pakistanis are treated like roaches by your shitcular leaders!

this country is for elites serving elites!

Looks like the Taliban don't give a crap about 'global opinion' or 'sensitivities'. Including the Haqqanis, not including any women, and not including previous 'democratically elected' rulers like Abdullah Abdullah or Kazai all point toward the Taliban saying: Take or leave it!

Taliban to West:
"Aseen naeen manday tuaadi gull
G wich lae lau apna hull"
:lol: :lol::lol:

I wish you are correct. But it is virtually impossible for any American President to look 'soft' on Taliban. The ISIS-K vs Taliban animosity has been hyped up in the Western media since the suicide attack at the Kabul Airport, to 'sell' the Taliban to the public. But Taliban, by announcing a govt like this, has limited the political-space even more for the West.

1) Pakistan is probably given the role to manage the security / terrorism inside Afghanistan, including against ISIS-K. America doesn't need to work with the Taliban directly. Indeed, before 9/11, Pakistan's ISI and CIA were working together against Al Qaida in Afghanistan and I believe the missiles launched to kill Bin Laden in Afghanistan was from that cooperation.
2) Making commercial deals / trade with a govt like the Taliban through the established banking channels certainly makes a country target for UN and American sanctions should America decides so.

But we will find out pretty soon what kind of 'real deals', if any, were made in the Doha Talks...

ailenating IEA will be a mistake in the long run this will just make them more extreme and develope much hate but engaging them is much better because there is already an assurance treaty between them.. by gones are by gones. The past is the past. I think we will see them taking this approach recognizing them which is the only logical move

The real question is, will the people of Afghanistan accept this ethnically exclusive government in a ethnically diverse country?

Because if they don’t, the civil war will just continue.

Why hasn't Pakistanis voted for a religion party
We threw Fazloo out, Khadim in a grave, and his stoner son in a jail.
Mullah Hassan Akhund - Prime Minister
Mullah Baradar Popalzai - Head of Council of Ministers
Mullah Yaqoob - Defence Minister
Mullah Siraj uddin Haqqani - Interior Minister
Mullah Ameer Khan Muttaqi - Foreign Minister
Mullah Hidayat ullah Wazir - Environment Minister
Mullah Khair ullah - Information Minister
Nobody named President/ head of state?

The interim government does not look 'inclusive' at all. Anyways, congratulations everyone, 3 of our 4 neighbors now have extremist governments. God help us all!

so you are saying that China is the only one without an extremist goverment ? Pakistan I believe has a good , moderate government as well.

k

ailenating IEA will be a mistake in the long run this will just make them more extreme and develope much hate but engaging them is much better because there is already an assurance treaty between them.. by gones are by gones. The past is the past. I think we will see them taking this approach recognizing them which is the only logical move

I agree with you. It will be far better to engage the Taliban govt then to make them an international 'pariah' state. The issue is that it is a politically extremely difficult 'sale' for Biden even if he would want to; already there is a political price he's paying. Remember that: In the end most political parties want to stay in power as their supreme goal!!

But I am hoping that Biden would at least support other countries to work with the Taliban.

Anyway, as ill-thought as the newly announced govt is, the Taliban so far have shown significant tolerance about journalism, granted amnesty to their worst opponents, and are even allowing women to attend universities. They need to project that the Taliban 2.0 is indeed better than the Taliban 1.0. I believe they are indeed a much more reformed entity now.

Back
Top Bottom