What's new

Taimur: Pakistan's ICBM?

From the day you design such a system, it's developed with MIRV in mind. It's always part of the package. You don't plan such a system to send a box-full-of-lollypops, do you? :blink:

Once you reach the markers I mentioned above, ranges become almost irrelevant.

How far can we hit with it ? :what:

And what about the MIRV or MRIV or something capability ? :undecided:

From the day you design such a system, it's developed with MIRV in mind. It's always part of the package. You don't plan such a system to send a box-full-of-lollypops, do you? :blink:

Once you reach the markers I mentioned above, ranges become almost irrelevant.

Aaaj lollypops kuch ziyadaa nahin yaaad aa rahiin ? :lol:

Another noob question : Why can't we used this technology & whatever we've learned over the years to build our own SAM system ? :cray:

SAM require completely different set of expertise. I mean completely different set. I can't even imagine where to begin. Think of it like this, we can't even make 20% of it yet. How is that for national confidence? Don't lecture me about those manpads! :D

Aaaj lollypops kuch ziyadaa nahin yaaad aa rahiin ? :lol:

Another noob question : Why can't we used this technology & whatever we've learned over the years to build our own SAM system ? :cray:

@AhaseebA, mate I can't PM. Answer is no, nothing definite yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
SAM require completely different set of expertise. I mean completely different set. I can't even imagine where to begin. Think of it like this, we can't even make 20% of it yet. How is that for national confidence? Don't lecture me about those manpads! :D

How come India & China can with their Akash & HQ series ? :cray:

The hell were our strategic planners thinking ? :angry:

Mate, not the mistake of "strategic planners". Has more to do with "level of education" and research into such stuff. India did the ground work with putting in place a culture of research. We are also doing it now with much less people and resources. It definitely doesn't mean that we can't do it, however, it's taking too much of precious time to cross mundane hurdles.

In the field of "Radar Research" we are way way behind.

Factoid: Did you know that in Turkey (ODTU), the foundation of F16 radar lab and then Tübitak radar research labs was put in by 4 Pakistani students. Those labs are now world leaders in such research.

We are not a nation of stupid people, we have great minds. Problem is that we don't know how to use our talent. Look at myself, I am one of the worlds best in Powder Metallurgy, did anyone contact me yet? :D

How come India & China can with their Akash & HQ series ? :cray:

The hell were our strategic planners thinking ? :angry:

Agreed! But what are the targets? I see only one and that is Israel.

Is it therefore cost effective or is it just an ego problem? Like, "You have it, so do we!" But does it fit into the overall war doctrine? It seems to encompass half the goddamn world!

Now some worthy will come out here and say that India is building an 8000 km ICBM too. But it fits into India's doctrine that includes covering a potential adversary in China.

A 6 has range of 6000 KM and max range will be probably around 6800 KM.

It will not be a 8000 KM range missile.

Mate, I think the next logical step would be to go all the way. There are no major 'technical' road blocks to it, then why not?

As per News X, a scientist associated with the project on condition of anonymity disclosed that the range of the Agni VI would be 10,000 km. However, the officially declared range would be 6000-7000km.

We are not a nation of stupid people, we have great minds. Problem is that we don't know how to use our talent. Look at myself, I am one of the worlds best in Powder Metallurgy, did anyone contact me yet? :D
Wow! :woot: Your mobile number and address please. (Don't forget to include your bank account and credit card numbers too! :lol: )

Back
Top Bottom