What's new

Sikh pilgrims cross the border

pak-marine

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
pak-soldier-watch-sikh-train-afp-670.jpg

Thousands of Indian Sikh pilgrims are expected in Pakistan for the Baisakhi celebrations, also known as the Sikh New Year, at the Sikh Shrine of Gurudwara Panja Sahib and Nankana Sahib, the birthplace of Sikh faith founder Guru Nanak Dev. More than 2,200 Sikh pilgrims have arrived in Lahore via Wagah Border on Tuesday by three special trains, and more are expected by foot and other modes of transport. – Photos and text by AFP

:welcome: 2 :pakistan:

sikh-pilgrims-wagah-station-pakistan-afp-670.jpg

sikh-pilgrims-train-pakistan-afp-670.jpg

An Indian Sikh pilgrim arrives at the Wagah railway station in Wagah on April 10, 2012. –

sikh-pilgrims-crowd-wagah-station-pakistan-afp-670.jpg

sikh-pilgrim-arrive-wagah-station-pakistan-afp-670.jpg

sikh-warriors-train-pakistan-afp-670.jpg

Sikhs are alright people. Pakistanis have no problem with Sikhs of Khalistan.

It's part of Sikh religion to carry their sword.

I don't know if it's apart of their religion or just tradition. Either way any Sikh carrying a weapon should be arrested and face jail sentence, leave your swords in Indian Punjab don't bring them to Pakistan.

If it was up to me I would ban the Sikhs from pilgrimage, considering the circumstances.

Besides anyone know how long they visit for?

I don't know if it's apart of their religion or just tradition. Either way any Sikh carrying a weapon should be arrested and face jail sentence, leave your swords in Indian Punjab don't bring them to Pakistan.

If it was up to me I would ban the Sikhs from pilgrimage, considering the circumstances.

seriously man, how can you be so annoying, this is a goodwill gesture between the two countries especially among the people of both the Pakistani & Indian Punjab it celebrates the great cultures & traditions of the beautiful land of Punjab in the month of baisakhi that the Punjabi Diaspora's from both the countries from all over the globe share's & celebrates with one another. why are you then up to ruining a good thread with your utterly irritating & uncalled for posts

Their Holy city is inside Pakistan and it is our duty to let peaceful Sikhs come and make pilgrimage.
We should be expanding this to get as many Sikhs in as possible.

And don't forget, all those sikhs will be paying for hotels, dinners, and transportation, which our local people can provide.
So it's a win win situation.

After Pres Zardari's soritual journey to india hope manmohan also visit & starts his spritual journey to Pakistan

seriously man, how can you be so annoying, this is a goodwill gesture between the two countries especially among the people of both the Pakistani & Indian Punjab it celebrates the great cultures & traditions of the beautiful land of Punjab in the month of baisakhi that the Punjabi Diaspora's from both the countries from all over the globe share's & celebrates with one another. why are you then up to ruining a good thread with your utterly irritating & uncalled for posts

It is a matter of national interest and security. Pakistan is not your country so you shouldn't be so bothered by what Pakistan should do for its interests.

I will repeat if it was up to me I would ban the Sikhs from their Holy site, no foolish and kindhearted "goodwill" gestures from me, that is for the weak. It is also a matter of public health most likely many of them are unvaccinated and we can't have the spread of diseases from Hind coming across the border.

Back
Top Bottom