What's new

Sidhu Moosewala shot dead, aged 28.

He was also going to perform in Pakistan this year, sad that a huge chunk of his fan base that were eager will never see him again.

Some Canadian Punjabi gang has claimed responsibility. The screenshot of their FB page was shared in this thread.
Reminds me of UK Kashmiri gangs carrying out hits in Azad Kashmir, intresting

Whatever's the case rest in peace Sidhu, you will forever be missed, you gave international exposure to Punjabi culture

And I thought things in Pk were bad, this is for sure a big set back.

It has been reported that he was killed over gang issues, but the actual information is that he was involved in a referendum on Khalistan in the UK, as well as a supporter of farmer protests in the country. There was a another singer who was killed who had been supporting the Farmer protest. Obviously the game is not gang killing, but it is more high level where RAW itself is involved with suppressing Khalistan movement at the highest level possible, and the fear of Khalistan movement is evident.

Last edited:
The guy had a short but prolific career in which he vigorously promoted violence and glorified guns and killings as an intrinsic part of Punjabi culture. He had a huge youth fan base and was "dangerous"... The gangster wannabe had earned quite a few enemies and joining politics was his last mistake... Agencies are involved in his assassination most probably .. Indian version of East Coast–West Coast hip hop rivalry.

Was he?

I never heard of him
Just another one who just loves to brag about himself in his songs. Hardly a singing talent just self admiration in all his songs.
His narcissism probably pissed someone off and hence got killed.

The guy had a short but prolific career in which he vigorously promoted violence and glorified guns and killings as an intrinsic part of Punjabi culture. He had a huge youth fan base and was "dangerous"... The gangster wannabe had earned quite a few enemies and joining politics was his last mistake... Agencies are involved in his assassination most probably .. Indian version of East Coast–West Coast hip hop rivalry.
Yeah in his songs he tried to portray himself like some badass gangster. Real life is different than his songs.You pissed off many people without having a proper security apparatus and manpower you get shot. It's simple.

Back
Top Bottom