What's new

Shaheen III | News & Discussions.

It is all experiential level prototype development work for us. We are not bulk producing these systems but that might change with Kamra Aviation city coming online.
Insha-Allah. Thanks for answering.

SUPARCO has a minor role in this.
So if SUPARCO has limited role than it is to test ICBM capability in the disguise ???

I was aware that Pakistan was working on 7500 range but stopped due to extrnal and economical pressures ...

So if SUPARCO has limited role than it is to test ICBM capability in the disguise ???

I was aware that Pakistan was working on 7500 range but stopped due to extrnal and economical pressures ...
No. SUPARCO lacks the technical expertise to build such a complex system from its own resources. There won't be any disguise, the purpose will be to get satellites in space as efficiently as possible.

Nope, Pakistan never worked on such a system. There were some long-term future plans, discussions (back in early 2000s), but there was simply no motivation, besides the obvious financial & technical constraints & international repercussions.

Actually once you have made an IRBM of 3000 km range you have got all the technical ability to make an ICBM. All the challenges of ICBM have to be solved for IRBM also.

Re SLV, multiple types of launcher, upto medium and heavy are planned. Rumour has it that AF and Navy will have separate systems.

One crazy rumour I have heard which is very unlikely to be true but to God I wish would be is that PAF GDP, PN FAA and PA AA have been sounded out about providing a list of pilots suitable for astronaut training.

While participation in the Chinese Shenzhou programme has been mooted and we earlier seriously considered sending a few officers on Shuttle training (Pressler put an end to any hopes of that), this rumour says that it's for local designed spacecraft.

As I said crazy, and unlikely. But man a Gemini class craft is just about in our capabilities. One can dream.

@The Deterrent @amardeep mishra @The Accountant @CriticalThought your comments
upload_2017-9-5_21-44-2.png

Hi @Narendra Trump
I cant view the original video, but there are various factual inaccuracies and I will try to correct them, but as I can see, @The Deterrent has done most of the job.
1) The white smoke trail you see is actually due to pressure difference, as you go up, the atmospheric pressure falls off drastically and hence the density, there will be a point when the density of exhaust will be higher than the density of the local atmosphere. Also kindly note, the nozzles are designed to operate "optimally" in a certain altitude zone. What I mean by optimality is the fact that when your rocket(nozzle) operate in this altitude region, you'll have least possible divergence losses from the nozzle, in any other case, there will be either over expansion or under expansion.

2) Burnout time is not the real measure of range of the ICBM, what matters in defining the trajectory or range are-
(a) Burnout Altitude
(b) Burnout Angle
(c) Burnout Velocity
The burnout time depends on the acceleration of your motor, if lets say you've a motor with very high ISp values, then you'll likely have a lower burnout time. Also it depends on the amount of fuel carried on-board--which in turn dictates the size of the rocket.

3) It is patently false to assume that solid motor has higher Isp than liquid motor. On the contrary even the most primitive liquid motor comprising of N2O4/UDMH has higher Isp than a solid motor of similar mass. In fact liquid in general burn much more "uniformly" and emit lesser unburnt particles vis-a-vis solids. The Isp figures progressively increase as we move from UDMH(hypergollic) to LOX/kerosene(semi-cryogenic) to LOX/LH(cryogenic). However there are various pros and cons of using liquid engine-
for starters--Pros
1) It has much higher thrust and lesser unburnt particles
2) Throtleable i.e the thrust can be controlled

Cons
1) Takes enormous amount of time to fill the tanks.
2) In case of hypergollics, the constituents are highly corrosive and dangerous, In the case of cryogenics, the technology required is very complex.
3) Generally require a lot of volume.
In the light of last three points, it is advisable from operational perspective that ICBMs be fuelled by solids rather than liquids. Thereby reducing the reaction time to launch a ICBM. With canisterization, the prep times can be further lowered to just a couple of mins. It is rumored that A-5 can be launched in as less as 10mins! But there are a whole range of issues that crop up when you have to store you missiles in a hermetically sealed silo for extended duration of time. Those issues might range from how to fill the RCS tanks to the type of metal alloys suitable for those tanks etc, etc.

Last edited:
Asia-Pacific
Pakistan conducted
external link
a successful flight test of Shaheen-III, a surface-to-surface ballistic missile, capable of hitting targets as far as 2,750 kilometers. The test flight was aimed at re-validating various design and technical parameters of the weapon system, said Director General Inter Services Public Relations (DG ISPR) Major General Babar Iftikhar in a tweet. According to ISPR, the successful flight test, with its impact point in the Arabian Sea, was witnessed by Chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff Committee (CJCSC) General Nadeem Raza, Director General Strategic Plans Division, Commander Army Strategic Forces Command, Chairman NESCOM and the scientists and engineers involved.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom