What's new

Shaheen III | News & Discussions.

True and totally agreed with. In fact, China is not the only option and there are others available out there was well with whom we can and should seek out such JV. Start with radars, runs some missile systems parallel to that. Start small and gradually build on that. This is something that is seriously required now.

Every small step shortens the distance towards the destination.

All the building blocks are there.

One is sure that your good country will achieve this capability one day soon.

All the best. You need strong defence.

@Arsalan

What makes you so sure that we have no BMD capability?
hmmmm,, well,, my habit of not indulging into speculation and not believing in rumors perhaps!
What makes you question that? :)

This is a fact bro, we do lack any credible nation wide land based air defense system. We do have good radar coverage of the whole country and works as a good network but we do not have good SAM base to provide that air defense umbrella and unfortunately not much is being done to change that.

Shaheen-IV?
Let Shaheen-III enter service first.

Officials from SPD gave briefing to media about Shaheen III in ideas 2016

x2752892_50163811.jpg.pagespeed.ic.T-GrzWlhbZ.jpg

Officials from SPD gave briefing to media about Shaheen III in ideas 2016

x2752892_50163811.jpg.pagespeed.ic.T-GrzWlhbZ.jpg

So Shaheen III can be deployed with multiple warheads? 8-)

I mean I know it's Urdu media, but then again it's Duniya news (somewhat credible) and they are "reporting" the briefing given by authorities in the ongoing IDEAS 2016. So chances of mistakes seem low ( or atleast should be low)

Dr Samar Mubarakmand also stated, multiple times, in an interview last year that Shaheen III is "not interceptable" by indian or majority of their defense systems around the globe..

So MIRVs for our ballistic missiles? :undecided:

@The Deterrent

I mean I know it's Urdu media, but then again it's Duniya news (somewhat credible) and they are "reporting" the briefing given by authorities in the ongoing IDEAS 2016. So chances of mistakes seem low ( or atleast should be low)

Dr Samar Mubarakmand also stated, multiple times, in an interview last year that Shaheen III is "not interceptable" by indian or majority of their defense systems around the globe..

@The Deterrent

No, Shaheen-III can't be used for MIRV delivery in its present configuration.

That is correct, the RV of Shaheen-III has certain characteristics which the present Indian BMD (AAD/PDV) and S-400 cannot intercept.

Not just yet, be a little bit more patient.

No, Shaheen-III can't be used for MIRV delivery in its present configuration.

That is correct, the RV of Shaheen-III has certain characteristics which the present Indian BMD (AAD/PDV) and S-400 cannot intercept.

Not just yet, be a little bit more patient.

And what characteristics are those? Dr Mubarak was talking about "terminal" guidance where we can guide the warhead and change its course right till the end. Is it true? (I didn't buy it and took it as him trying to over simplify the reality for the general audience)

And what characteristics are those? Dr Mubarak was talking about "terminal" guidance where we can guide the warhead and change its course right till the end. Is it true? (I didn't buy it and took it as him trying to over simplify the reality for the general audience)

Theoretically course changing is possible until before reentry. That uncertainty combined with the sheer speed of the RV and (potential) counter-measures deployment would make it quite hard to intercept it, at-least before re-entry.

@The Deterrent
Lol and why cant be news written in urdu be credible??, seriously what is wrong with u guys, goray chaly gae bhai 70 sal pehle ab to bas kar do ghulami...

Lol and why cant be news written in urdu be credible??, seriously what is wrong with u guys, goray chaly gae bhai 70 sal pehle ab to bas kar do ghulami...

It has nothing to do with ghulami mentality (that many Pakistanis have, I admit).

It has to do with the Urdu media's utter ignorance of technical affairs when it comes to defense reporting. Those who have had experience on this board know that.

Back
Top Bottom