What's new

Shahed-136 - Tracking usage & expanding understanding.

qm6pm9.jpg

Good job mates Hollywood will be so proud😅

Not the first time their MANPADS have missed and been caught on camera..... it should also be noted that each Stinger missile costs around $120,000.... while the Shahed 136 costs perhaps $20,000...... so even if they shoot it down, they still lose
This would be the 3rd video I've seen, their could be more I missed. Ironically Stingers have an easier chance against Russian Kalibrs than they do of this drone for simple IIR reasons. Simple often works

1666299166182.jpeg

Since it is related to Shahed-136. I mention it here.

Americans believe since Russia earlier had problems in operating the systems they have received likely due to rushed training, Iranians were sent to Crimea to provide on-site support and assist them (which is probably not far from the truth). Including using them directly on behalf of Russia, including orchestrating what was a successful attack on Ukrainian energy management building in Kiev on Monday. Kiev is a well protected city, and cruise missiles of Kalibr type would not have an easy time penetrating the city given its launch signature, IR signature and tracking is not difficult for Nato satellites. By this point NATO should have a good idea of the flight path they use these missiles and have setup air defences in the appropriate coordinates. Only Iran could have a good enough understanding of their own drones to help them avoid them.

After the strike, Ukraine noted that several regions of Ukraine lost power.

If the rumours of transfer of ballistic missiles is true, the handling, and operation of these missiles is not something you can learn very quickly. Let alone use them accurately. Therefore, the only possible explanation of the use of these missiles in the next few weeks would be that Iranians themselves set them up for Russia.

High risk, high reward for Iran. Fun fact, last time their was a Iranian/Persian military presence in Crimea was in 513 BC, under Darius the Great, 2535 years ago. What a time to be alive.

Last edited:

U.S. has viewed wreckage of kamikaze drones Russia used in Ukraine​

The U.S. government has examined the wreckage of Iranian-made drones shot down in Ukraine, deepening its insight into the unmanned craft that Russia has launched in a spate of kamikaze attacks on the country’s critical infrastructure, according to two U.S. officials.

Information about the drones’ structure and technology could prove crucial in helping the United States and its Ukrainian allies better identify and ultimately defeat them before they can reach their targets. Officials said the process has been used in the past to study weaponry deployed by Iran’s proxies in conflicts in the Middle East. People interviewed for this report spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss sensitive intelligence collection.

Yeah they shoot them down with their military and power infrastructure. Given the amount of videos I've seen of Shahed's hitting their targets, and so few videos of them being shot down. I'm inclined to believe the Pentagon has found Zelensky's cocaine stash.

$20k lawnmower > $500k AD missile
They hate them so much, they only use them everyday, and still continue to receive shipments. Totally no infrastructure damage.

U.S. has viewed wreckage of kamikaze drones Russia used in Ukraine​

The U.S. government has examined the wreckage of Iranian-made drones shot down in Ukraine, deepening its insight into the unmanned craft that Russia has launched in a spate of kamikaze attacks on the country’s critical infrastructure, according to two U.S. officials.

Information about the drones’ structure and technology could prove crucial in helping the United States and its Ukrainian allies better identify and ultimately defeat them before they can reach their targets. Officials said the process has been used in the past to study weaponry deployed by Iran’s proxies in conflicts in the Middle East. People interviewed for this report spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss sensitive intelligence collection.

From what I've seen in the videos, usually when a SAM strikes the drone, it completely obliterates it.

Best case is downing via AA, where the wreckage can be recovered, but this is all old news. Wreckages were retrieved in Yemen/Saudi Arabia in the past, so this is nothing new for the Americans. But I guess many don't know that in mainstream media.

From what I've seen in the videos, usually when a SAM strikes the drone, it completely obliterates it.

Best case is downing via AA, where the wreckage can be recovered, but this is all old news. Wreckages were retrieved in Yemen/Saudi Arabia in the past, so this is nothing new for the Americans. But I guess many don't know that in mainstream media.
True about, remember when the Saudis and American put Iranian made weapons on display at the UN, but I highly doubt much information and out the hundreds probably fired most likely several didn’t explode again I don’t have any information regarding that other than there’s always a percentage of failures during military operation, say 97% and 3% failed still an A but nothing is perfect. Also I wanted to add why don’t they paint them all black for nighttime operations

Good video showing an interception of a Shahed136, from close range

Of course, aside from the video, the cost-effectiveness of this is abysmal, and one might as well let it go through. I mentioned at the time the first use was made, just by using them, one is waging attrition warfare against their AD.

The delivery of NASAMS could complicate this strategy, due to the enormous stockpiles of compatible SAMs that are available in NATO storage that can be used for resupply. However those BUK-M1's and other Russian/Soviet equipment would start to deplete.

Last edited:

Cross post from @Shawnee

US general, Frank McKnzie calls Iranian drones very good/effective weapon, a killer for power grids.

50 percent success rate per McKenzie.

Low cost that Iran makes 1000s.

He has witnessed the attacks himself.

This would be the 3rd video I've seen, their could be more I missed. Ironically Stingers have an easier chance against Russian Kalibrs than they do of this drone for simple IIR reasons. Simple often works

View attachment 888059

Since it is related to Shahed-136. I mention it here.

Americans believe since Russia earlier had problems in operating the systems they have received likely due to rushed training, Iranians were sent to Crimea to provide on-site support and assist them (which is probably not far from the truth). Including using them directly on behalf of Russia, including orchestrating what was a successful attack on Ukrainian energy management building in Kiev on Monday. Kiev is a well protected city, and cruise missiles of Kalibr type would not have an easy time penetrating the city given its launch signature, IR signature and tracking is not difficult for Nato satellites. By this point NATO should have a good idea of the flight path they use these missiles and have setup air defences in the appropriate coordinates. Only Iran could have a good enough understanding of their own drones to help them avoid them.

After the strike, Ukraine noted that several regions of Ukraine lost power.

If the rumours of transfer of ballistic missiles is true, the handling, and operation of these missiles is not something you can learn very quickly. Let alone use them accurately. Therefore, the only possible explanation of the use of these missiles in the next few weeks would be that Iranians themselves set them up for Russia.

High risk, high reward for Iran. Fun fact, last time their was a Iranian/Persian military presence in Crimea was in 513 BC, under Darius the Great, 2535 years ago. What a time to be alive.
Is it good to be involved in the war this much?

Video showing another MANPAD miss

Is it good to be involved in the war this much?
Probably not, but I think from their eyes, it is essential to change some parameters of this war in Russia's favor. Complete loss is not tolerable. The benefits of lend-lease to Iran's industry + testing would be worth the cost.

However, operating these units by Iran can lead to some problems, the units should be used by Russia under Iranian supervision, until they understand fully how to use, then leave.

If this deployment is true, they will certainly try to look for these trainers. But they would also be wise not to harm them because of possible revenge attacks.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom